shape
carat
color
clarity

US Virgin Islands Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone thought about, or been to a wedding in the US Virgin Islands? In particular I was thinking about St. Croix. It''s a place that was really dear to my mother who has since passed away. It would be an opportunity to get married in paradise while honoring my mom (a big reason why I''ve been hemming and hawing about the planning is because I can''t imagine getting married without her to help me plan it.)

I''ve been googling wedding websites there, but now I''m a bit bleary eyed. Any help at all will be HUGELY appreciated.

Thanks~
Tybee

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I LOVE your idea
36.gif

It sounds like such a special way to honor your mom!!!

I''m sorry, I don''t know a thing about St. Croix, but hopefully people who have been there will chime in about what they know and liked.

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
whoops I posted twice by mistake..see below for response.
26.gif

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
St John is my all time favorite. St Croix is OK, but IMO, not as lush and green as St John. It is so beautiful! Lots of good places to stay and you could even think about doing a house rental if you are having a bunch of people. You fly into St Thomas and take a ferry to St John..it takes about 40 minutes. We were seriously considering having our wedding there. ooooh. now I''m jealous lol!

good luck!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Tybee,
What a wonderful way to honor your Mother. I can only imagine how much you miss her and want her there right now helping you plan everything. Did she have a favorite place to stay on St. Croix? My favorite website to visit when planning a trip is www.frommers.com Loads of information is available for just about any destination.

I''ve only been to St. Croix by way of a cruise ship and we decided to have dinner at this great little restaurant Le St. Tropez. The food was wonderful and the atmosphere felt just like we were in France.

Like Lovey said, St. John is truly the most beautiful of the US Virgin Islands. We are big sailors and have spent more time in the British Virgin Islands. There are plenty of resorts there if going there would interest you.

Let me know if I can help you an further.
35.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Lovey-

I agree with you about St. John. It is a wonder. My family stayed at Cinnamon Bay. I actually picked St. Croix because Delta now flies there directly from Atlanta, and I thought that would be easier if people wanted to come. My uncle used to live there (my mom''s brother) and we used to go there to visit him. We never stayed in hotels, so I don''t have a favorite place.
Maybe I should REALLY look into St. John.

Okay...anyone out there been married or been to a wedding in St. John?
36.gif

Tybee

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Tybee! This sounds like a wonderful plan. Believe me, your guests won't mind the extra ferry ride. It will be worth it to bask in beachy nirvana. Did your family camp at Cinnamon Bay? I've been to the Maho Bay Eco-Camps three times, twice with my mom and once with FI. Loved it, but admittedly not the best place for a wedding (some people just can't adapt to walking down the boardwalk with a flashlight in the middle of the night en route to the bathroom..I have NO idea why lol!). When my parents go to St John, they stay at Gallows Point (in Cruz Bay) which is beautiful and has a new wedding gazebo which is currently in progress. Gorgeous. I'm sorry, I don't know much about the other places to stay.

After the wedding, you could hop on a sunset sail. so many options...
1.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Nicrez got engaged in St Thomas (I think) and posted questions before going on that trip. Do a search on some of her posts. I think there was lots of info provided, and the concensus was that St John was really the place to go for romance etc. It is a simple ferry ride from St Thomas, where everyone flys in, so not hard to get to.

What a great way to honor your mom.

skimmy

Rough_Rock
awww...that''s such a sweet idea!!!

i LOVE st. john...and considered it for my wedding as well. caneel bay is unreal...unbelievably gorgeous.
the extra ferry ride is SO worth it.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Okay,
You guys are great! I''ll start digging a little deeper.
We did camp at Cinnamon Bay. Some of my most wonderful childhood memories are from there, but yes...maybe a little too rustic for a wedding? I''ll look into the other options there. Hurrah--starting to get giddy.
Thanks for all of your imput.
Tybee

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Tybee - I love the idea of a tropics wedding....whether it be St. Johns or St. Croix. Both have a personal connection for you & that''s what it is all about. :)

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks NM,
I''ve been searching in earnest online...but I guess what''s going to have to happen is we''re going to have to plan a "scouting trip" out there sometime soon. Any excuse for a vacation, right?

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Tybee, I used to work for a tour operator in the contracting department, specifically Bahamas, Bermuda, San Juan, etc. One of my best friends still works there & deals with the islands. If you''d like I can ask her for some helpful hints & resources....(including online). She just spent 10 days in St. Lucia, hotel completely complimentary. Yes, I''m a little jealous! LOL. Either way, just let me know.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!
Of course I wouldn''t say no to any extra help! We''re feeling a little overwhelmed! Caneel Bay in St. John looks heavenly...but perhaps beyond our budget (sniff sniff...) but I''ll never say never. Ha ha, right now FI is on his computer looking at places in St. John too.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah Caneel''s pricey... we were wavering btwn Caneel & the Westin & decided to honeymoon at the Westin St John (when we booked, we were hoping there would be hockey playoffs to watch & Caneel''s got no TVs!)
9.gif
We''re getting married at the (marriott) morning star resort in St Thomas this May at sunset... we''re in the NYC area and it''s a direct flt for all our relatives that are attending. And we figured it''d be nice to hop on a short ferry ride & leave everyone to be at our honeymoon destination
31.gif
I''m not one for a big fancy wedding (& always dreamed of getting married in a relaxed tropical setting) - it''s been a breeze working with the wedding planner there - just fill out some worksheets & they tco the rest! We settled on the marriott after hearing mixed reviews about the ritz and the other resorts on St T...
35.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Okay,

You''ve all been super great! Thanks for your responses! We''ve been pouring over websites and talking to family members and friends and all are really supportive.

We''re going to plan a trip to St. John this summer to check out both Caneel Bay and the Westin as wedding locations. We will also check out some of the cheaper places to recommend to any friends of ours who might decide to come. If the location for a wedding doesn''t work out at least we get a kick a$$ vacation out of the deal.

I was mostly worried about my daddy, he''s going to help a lot with the financial side of it, but he has been really supportive.

I''m getting super excited! I cannot imagine a place in the world where I would rather get married--

Tybee

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
tybee

that''s wonderful news!!!! I''m so excited for you. I can''t imagine a more beautiful and relaxing setting than St John. Absolutely the best. Now you need to go buy yourself a "bride" tank top and some sequined flip flops =)

lol. keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results