shape
carat
color
clarity

Urgent - Opinions Needed on an e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cjkoethc

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I need your help....

I found a gorgeous ring in Ross-Simons tonight that is part of an estate-sale show they''ve having. The problem is...the show hits the road after tomorrow. I need you all to tell me if this sounds reasonable or if it is completely ridiculous. The thing is.....it looks exactly like the Tiffany Legacy ring with the graduated side stones. I''m not sure if it is the real thing, but by gosh it is just awesome! Since it is from an estate sale, it is a possibility.

Here is the info:

Center stone is cushion cut, 1.03 carats, SI2
Total carat weight is 1.51
The price was a little over $14,000 (which includes their 15% discount)
The sales person said they''ve had it in the estate show inventory for approx 2 years, which makes me think this price is bonkers.

This price is over our budget, which was around $10,000. I had pretty much decided to get the Ritani Endless Love ring, planning to spend about $10,000, but I''m not sure if I want the solitaire or the 3 stone. We''re looking to get something quickly, and I''m so picky that I don''t think I could get something designed, it might make me even crazier. :)

Please help!!

After I saw this

cjkoethc

Rough_Rock
The stones are H in color.

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
To make it short...I don't suggest getting the ring.
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif

Here are the reasons

1 - You are getting ripped off! It absolutely SHOULD NOT cost you $14,000 to get a 1.03, especially that it is H Si. I just looked up your specs on Whiteflashes website and they are selling A cut above Hearts and Arows (basically, an ideal cut diamond) for $5,000-6,000. You can get a beautify quality 1.5 -1.7 ct stone for that price.

2 - You do not even know the specs on the stone. The stone may be cut poorly. So there is a big risk, especially since you seem to be doing this very hastily.

3 - It is not a Tifffany. Tiffany Co. do not sell Si's. The lowest the go is VS2 in clarity and I color.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi and welcome
35.gif
Ditto everything Kaleidoscopic said, the price is crazy - you can do much better. If you compare this ring to different rings with fantastic cut diamonds you would probably find this ring doesn''t look so awesome after all. Cushions can be tricky to analyse cut wise and are getting popular, so there are more to choose from. It is your decision and we can only tell you what we THINK as we haven''t seen the ring, but I would definitely pass. Also if the ring is so awesome, why has it been sitting in their inventory for 2 years? Could be because the price is ridiculous IMO. I would want 1.5 carats at least for that money in a centre stone!

dlg

Rough_Rock
While I know very little about diamonds, I agree that this is overpriced. I''ve been looking at cushions and found a 2 carat cushion for 14K- H/vs2 (not including setting). You should also be able to get a setting like the legacy but not Tiffanys for 2K.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I agree with everyone else. This ring sounds to me to be overpriced. 14K for a 1.03 Si2, H is ridiculous no matter how intricate the setting. I think you can do better elsewhere. Good luck with whatever you decide!!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
I''d like to say that I had gotten a quote for a Tiffany Legacy ring as my fiance and I were trying to decide whether it was worth it the pave look. This was only about 2 months back. A 1.04 I VVS2 Center stone in the Tiffany Legacy setting was 12,900. Even Tiffany''s price seems better
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results