shape
carat
color
clarity

Urgent (ish) what do you think of this cushion?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rubybrierley

Rough_Rock
What do you think of this stone?
GIA
Cushion brilliant
5.10 by 4.93 by 3.24
0.62c
Depth - 65.7%
Table 57%
Girdle - thick to very thick faceted
Culet - slightly large
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent
SI1
F
Fl - None

I''m after a more rectangular, vintage looking stone - what do you think?

rubybrierley

Rough_Rock
Anyone? Now it is urgent!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Well, it certainly looks like it might have something close to that vintage OMC look, but we really can''t tell at all if it performs well. Will you be able to send it back if you don''t like it?

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Well, the slightly large culet would have made me think it was an older stone, but the Ex/Ex polish and symetry seems a lot more likely with a modern cut. Plus, did you want something rectangular? This one will definitely look more square.

I am looking at a stone with similar specs (only a little larger) at WF. It has a slightly large culet, square shape, is Ex/Ex, and has a comparable depth and table. I really thought it would be an old cut, but the manufacturer said it was modern. Just another reason to see a cushion before you buy. I am actually waiting on pics now!
31.gif

Can you get pics or more info?

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I can't comment on the performance of the stone, but it seems that from the dimensions this may be a more squarish stone (i.e., a L/W ratio of 1.03)? You said you were looking for a more rectangular looking stone. You might want something with dimensions that create a 1.10 L/W ratio or longer. But then again, you might only be able to tell whether it's squarish or more rectangular by pictures.

ETA: information about the length to width ratios

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is :)

XYcushionW.jpg

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just a question? No Crown degree comment on the GIA cert?

rubybrierley

Rough_Rock
Ana, you''re an absolute star, thankyou so much for posting the pic. Yes, it is a new stone but I think it''s pretty nice.

No info on the crown angle on the cert though - can I get that just from Mark T?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure not - posting pictures is standard issue here
2.gif

About the crown angle warning - GIA does not mention the actual crown angle, but if these are too flat (less than 30 ? degrees, I think) or too steep (over 40 ? degrees on fancy shapes) there are a ''Comment'' on the GIA report announcing that. I may have guessed those numbers wrong - always mistake them for some reason.

As far as I know, these warnings are not well loved - extreme angles may be a durability issue.

Anyway, if there is such a comment on the lab report, the seller could look it up and tell you. Nothing to it.

rubybrierley

Rough_Rock
I have an emailed copy of the cert - there are no comments regarding the crown angle. It''s so hard trying to buy a cushion without seeing it in person - I''m asking heaps of questions to make sure - I don''t want the hassle of returning a stone to the US from Australia. So it looks ok?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results