shape
carat
color
clarity

Urgent Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Boston2001

Rough_Rock
I am planning on making a purchase later today for a GIA spec''d diamond with 1.39c, F color, VVS2 clarity, and EX/EX polish and symmetry. The table is 57% and depth is 61.5%. The price of the loose stone is $13.5K. I saw the diamond and it looked gorgeous but someone told me that I''m paying too much. Thoughts?

reena

Ideal_Rock
is this a round stone

Boston2001

Rough_Rock
I forgot to mention that has no flourescence and no culet either.

Boston2001

Rough_Rock
yes, round brilliant cut

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It sounds as if you are buying this diamond from a store and not via the Internet. If that is the case, the price is very fair provided their are no hidden surprises in the deal. No super think or thick girdle, none, or very little UV fluorescence, no unusal crown angles....If all is okay, then it is not bad for a non-Internet purchase.

I ran a Pricesope scan for a similar diamond and the numbers were in the lower 12K range into the 13K range for what was listed. Being able to see the stone has some merit and is worth a few bucks.....

Boston2001

Rough_Rock
Girdle is thin to medium thick (faceted) but it sounds like you are saying I could save ~$1K if I went through the Internet?
Also, any ideas how I can get the crown and pavilion angles since all I have is the GIA cert?
If people think I can get a better deal on the Internet (I have yet to see one comparable to this diamond), I would rather do that than go retail...

Thanks for all the help!!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
the stone sounds fabulous though!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
If the jeweler does not have a Sarin or Ogi machine you can find a qualified independent appraiser (one who does not sell jewelry) with one of these devices and get him/her involved. If one is not in your area there are several regulars posting on PriceScope - the ring could be sent to one of them.

Considering the amount being spent, this is a reasonable investment for many reasons.

Here is some good info on appraisals.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Knowing your initial shopping parameters could help. The challenge in matching another option against what you've already found is the size, I think...near enough 1.5 that there's a gap in size between 1.3 and 1.5.

One option is this one, discounted to $14,8 to Pricescope shoppers...another option is this one for $12,5. Finally, with a little less info available on it, but ostensibly AGS0, there's this one, too.

For more general shopping suggestions, see here, and best wishes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results