shape
carat
color
clarity

URGENT: Compare these two stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it''s bigger :) That''s always a plus in my book!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The I VS2 $1247 AGS-6640210 is larger and appears to be better cut looking at the numbers. I would choose it over the other one. Lucky that they had the problem because you'll get a larger looking stone for a little less money.

ussd

Rough_Rock
Any other opinions?

ussd

Rough_Rock
No other opinions? I would really appreciate some more input.
1.gif

schowtyme

Rough_Rock
Well, based on my limited amount of knowledge I would choose the second one:

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-1958360.htm#

It has a better depth (the first one looks like what is called on this forum a steep/deep cut) so it will look bigger than the first diamond. It has a larger diameter, 5.01 vs 5.28, and has a 1.5 HCA (ex, vg,vg,vg)grade while the first diamond has a little bit better HCA grade of 1.3 (ex, ex, ex, gd). I think she would notice the diameter but probably not the difference in HCA grade (and some people prefer a 1.5 to a 1.3).

The only thing that looks iffy is the idealscope, but I think it looks ok? Maybe someone else will chime in with a comment about the idealscope image on that one.

Good luck
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Without doubt number 2, the first is too deep IMO at 63% , 2 looks like the better buy, plus it will look bigger. I have seen better Idealscopes but they are not the be all and end all, the diamonds probably look great.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I also prefer the second stone. It has a bigger diameter and the first one is too deep. The idealscope image is not perfect, but that does not mean it is not a beautiful diamond.

Gemguy

Rough_Rock
Hi there
If i where you I would choose the second stone , depth and table better. good luck
emsmile.gif

Gem Sezgin

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
DEFINITELY #2.

ussd

Rough_Rock
Thanks you for all of your replies. You have set my mind at ease.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results