shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrades...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 10:32:02 AM
Author: AdiS

Same here. I don''t wear my original e-ring much, but I still love it. DH doesn''t mind though. He says ''Keep changing the rings as much as you want, as long as you keep the man.''
9.gif

I''d never part with my w-band though, it stays with me forever.
That''s totally adorable!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 11:55:42 AM
Author: Still_Waiting

Date: 9/2/2009 10:32:02 AM
Author: AdiS

Same here. I don''t wear my original e-ring much, but I still love it. DH doesn''t mind though. He says ''Keep changing the rings as much as you want, as long as you keep the man.''
9.gif

I''d never part with my w-band though, it stays with me forever.
That''s totally adorable!
Yeah, he''s a sweetheart!
5.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Fi proposed with a plain-jane knife-edge solitaire setting. I was super-excited but my heart sank just an eency weency bit, as I was a fiance-to-be with a VERY specific style in mind. Then he blurted out, "This isn''t the setting. Your setting is a wax mold right now, but I wanted you to approve it before I had it cast."
30.gif
And the mold was PERFECT!

I don''t think I''ll ever upgrade my e-ring stone or even change the setting- I''ll likely just save for a new one
27.gif
I''m too much of a sap and sentimental person. That may have something to do with my own mom, who still has the same diamond in the same setting.

I think she refuses to upgrade hers, though, because my mom''s diamond was SUPPOSED to be my dad''s dragster
2.gif
Her ring isn''t overwhelming or massive but I think at the time they were married (''74) and among their circle of friends in a midwest down, it was enormous and a bit flashy, even- and it''s still a stunning ring. It''s "colorless" (no D, E, F, etc rating?), VVS1, .65ct, ideal cut. My dad still says that he saved extra-hard and sacrificed more than he ever planned so that he could get her a ring she would love and wear for the rest of her life
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
So yes- it''s a bit of carbon and some metal, but for the two of them it''s such a representation of the start of their lives together.

There are some stories on this thread, though, that I totally agree with- as in, I''d be callin'' the jeweler and considering an upgrade or setting change, too! To each her own
1.gif

teal

Rough_Rock
I love my engagement ring, its perfect for me, as is my wedding band. I would never want an upgrade. I got the ring I wanted and the exact size stone. My fiance said that sometime in the future he''d like to get me an eternity band though, but I''ll pick the thinnest one possible so it can fit with my other two rings. Both are 2 mm.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results