carat
color
clarity

Update-Zambian Emerald Art Nouveau Curveball! Fasten seatbelt sign is LIT

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Dear PS-ers,
Fasten your seatbelts please!
I am ridiculously smitten with the 10 carat Zambian Emerald I posted here in this sub-forum and I thank you all for your valuable insight.
I love it but I am simply scared of having to baby it constantly.
I was also a little unhappy with the GIA F2 cert.
So I may circle back to that piece at a later time if it’s still available.
So….if you’ve read this far, here comes the curveball….
I walked out of my jewelers yesterday with THE most magnificent piece and I can’t wait to share!
Yes, it’s a complete curveball from the emerald ring but secretly I’ve always loved this piece. He keeps it in the front window and every time I visit, for the last few years, it catches my eye.
When I walked in yesterday it literally stood up and waved at me so I finally asked to see it (something I’ve never done since I assumed it was exorbitantly expensive).
Turns out the heart wants what the heart wants and once I put her on, I knew I was not taking her back off!
Without further ado.
Here she is.
Art Deco 7.25 total carat weight OEC diamond platinum necklace!!!
She started life as a brooch.
Specs:
Center drop 1.65 carat cushion OEC J/VS1
Top center stone 1.2 carat OEC H/VS2
Set in platinum milgrain bezels with repousse link chain.
It’s a sparkle BOMB! The multi-dimensional sparkle of her is bordering on the ridiculous.
As if each stone has its own personality but they enjoy speaking all at the same time. And when the light hits them, it’s choirs of angels singing.
Totally wearable.
Comfortable.
Yet I can also see her dressed up.
I apologize for such a bumpy ride but it was a super fun journey.
Thank you for taking it with me!

Attachments

• 7047A616-3BA8-4E74-B80E-AAC48A554CB9.jpeg
    7047A616-3BA8-4E74-B80E-AAC48A554CB9.jpeg
    269.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 71AB5188-7CCB-40FA-9E89-6E0284C8456F.jpeg
    71AB5188-7CCB-40FA-9E89-6E0284C8456F.jpeg
    237.6 KB · Views: 31

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Wow wow wow:kiss2: it’s so incredible!

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
Wow, it's RADIANT! Simply perfect, I'd never want to take it off!

The flow of the design is absolutely wonderful, the conversion is done so well. I can see it'll go with EVERYTHING, terrific choice, just woooow.:appl:

Looking forward to closeups and videos! :love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Turns out the heart wants what the heart wants and once I put her on, I knew I was not taking her back off!

Yes, absolutely understand what you mean.

Congrats on your new beauty! We need more photos. Close-ups please!

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Pls put warning above link to any video -

This level of strobe effects may trigger seizures although probably worth it!!!

Haha.
Seriously though.
Yes.
Worth it!
Wow, it's RADIANT! Simply perfect, I'd never want to take it off!

The flow of the design is absolutely wonderful, the conversion is done so well. I can see it'll go with EVERYTHING, terrific choice, just woooow.:appl:

Looking forward to closeups and videos! :love:

I questioned every detail about it.
It was a brooch,
It has two hinges. The first below the five stone cluster and then another holding that fat chunky delicious OEC cushion drop.
The movement on this piece is mesmerizing!
The circle is a combination of OMC and OEC with varying colors and wonkiness.
Every stone different and each charming in the extreme.
The pendant is all platinum.
The repousse chain is 14k good and each link screams Art Deco and is super special in and of itself.
Yes, absolutely understand what you mean.

Congrats on your new beauty! We need more photos. Close-ups please!

I will attempt closeups this weekend….

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! If it were mine (pause, sigh wistfully) I think I’d spend days just shimmying in front of the mirror looking at the twinkle and sparkle.
What a beautiful necklace. I can see how you couldn’t leave it behind.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous!!:kiss2:

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I want to shop where you do ! Fantastic piece - isn’t it funny how the best options can be the one in front of us that we didn’t really “see”? Congratulations. It’s stunning!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, this literally took my breath away. Absolutely STUNNING!!!! :kiss2:Congratulations on owning such a lovely, unique piece!

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you All!!
I’m so thrilled.
I was just thinking that it’s only Day 2 of ownership and it feels like I’ve had her forever!
Right now she feels comfortable with cutoffs and a faded tee shirt…even though we all know she would rather be adorning a long sleek column of black floor-length Versace!!
Trying for better pics.
Snapped one before work in morning light today 7:30am 4BAB9994-0939-45B4-9093-FAF2819D4253.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! Simply stunning!!!

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Stunning!!! What a wonderful find!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is downright regal! Congratulations!

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
I questioned every detail about it.
It was a brooch,
It has two hinges. The first below the five stone cluster and then another holding that fat chunky delicious OEC cushion drop.
The movement on this piece is mesmerizing!
The circle is a combination of OMC and OEC with varying colors and wonkiness.
Every stone different and each charming in the extreme.
The pendant is all platinum.
The repousse chain is 14k good and each link screams Art Deco and is super special in and of itself.
It's an amazing conversion, I'm in awe. Everything is harmonious and I would have never guessed it started life as anything other than a necklace. I love seeing conversion pieces in general, but sometimes I get a bit disappointed when there isn't much thought put into it. This darling is SO satisfying and I may just have to admit it's my favourite of all brooch-to-necklace conversions I've seen!

I was just going to say, even before you posted the new closeup photos, that I loved how they didn't skimp on the chain and designed it to be an integral part of the whole piece. The closeups are even better than I could have imagined and knocked my socks off.

And the more I look at it, the more I like the gradation in stone sizes on the wreath. I feel it adds dimension and movement, and makes it stand out among Art Deco designs. Do you think the top part looks kind of like an abstract ribbon bow? Because I do and i think it's fabulous! I was trying to figure out why it was giving me me slight Rococo feels in your first two photos, and when I saw the new ones I thought, aha, wowsers!!:love:

It must have been a difficult decision to leave the emerald behind, though (although I can well imagine the sparkles ftom these diamonds have been wonderfully distracting and comforting). I haven't forgotten it. But I agree that wearability is a huge factor, and I hope the ring or an even better incarnation of it will be there for you when the time is right. I find myself passing up closed-back pieces and antiques with seed pearls all the time, just because I can't see myself babying them and I love scrubbing my jewellery which one can't do with those. So you've got to do what you're comfortable with and I'm so happy you found something that you (and we) absolutely love!

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
It's an amazing conversion, I'm in awe. Everything is harmonious and I would have never guessed it started life as anything other than a necklace. I love seeing conversion pieces in general, but sometimes I get a bit disappointed when there isn't much thought put into it. This darling is SO satisfying and I may just have to admit it's my favourite of all brooch-to-necklace conversions I've seen!

I was just going to say, even before you posted the new closeup photos, that I loved how they didn't skimp on the chain and designed it to be an integral part of the whole piece. The closeups are even better than I could have imagined and knocked my socks off.

And the more I look at it, the more I like the gradation in stone sizes on the wreath. I feel it adds dimension and movement, and makes it stand out among Art Deco designs. Do you think the top part looks kind of like an abstract ribbon bow? Because I do and i think it's fabulous! I was trying to figure out why it was giving me me slight Rococo feels in your first two photos, and when I saw the new ones I thought, aha, wowsers!!:love:

It must have been a difficult decision to leave the emerald behind, though (although I can well imagine the sparkles ftom these diamonds have been wonderfully distracting and comforting). I haven't forgotten it. But I agree that wearability is a huge factor, and I hope the ring or an even better incarnation of it will be there for you when the time is right. I find myself passing up closed-back pieces and antiques with seed pearls all the time, just because I can't see myself babying them and I love scrubbing my jewellery which one can't do with those. So you've got to do what you're comfortable with and I'm so happy you found something that you (and we) absolutely love!

Thank you @goldnsilver
I agree with your detailed analysis and she makes me very happy!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh myyyyyyyy. She is beyond gorgeous.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOAH! How amazingly regal she is!!! :kiss2:

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @goldnsilver
I agree with your detailed analysis and she makes me very happy!

Oh dear I really went and wrote an essay of it. Hadn't seen a perfect necklace for a good while, I was excited! :lol:

These sparkles must be lethal in person...

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just breathtaking!! Even down to the detail on the chain - it's fabulous & was obviously destined to be yours!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness that is spectacular, a feast for the eyes :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results