shape
carat
color
clarity

Update on my Theodore Roosevelt signed mineral record.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SandraPaneczko

Shiny_Rock
Here is an update on my situation. (I was conflicted between purchasing a Theodore Roosevelt signed document that is not PSA DNA authenticated)

The sellers feedback it great. He has sold a couple of vintage signed books for round 1-2,000 within the past month and received excellent feedback. Even with that said I was still a bit weary about the purchase only because you never know what people will do for money. and there are a lot of scammers out there.

I emailed the seller with my concerns and asked for a bit of info on the document and how we came to own it. The seller was very understand of my cautiousness.

His Great Grandfather was Walter Gifford, the president of AT&T and ambassador to England so he has dealt with many historical figures. I did some research on Mr. Gifford and found everything to be true. Walter was in fact the President of AT&T and was also an ambassador to England. I also found a letter written by Herbert Hoover to Walter requesting for him to be the director of his unemployment relief project
The seller told me his Great grandfather and grandfather were big collectors in historic documents. This piece is one of many that was recorded with other signed documents by his grandfather.They logged every piece they obtained. This is how he knows the signature to be true and I assume that''s why he never had it sent to PSA DNA. He reassured me that he will give a 100% refund if PSA DNA claims it to be false. He also told me that he wanted me to be happy with my purchase. so all in all... I made him an offer because I find the seller to be honest about this signature. I cant have it authenticated by Christmas but I will have it done soon after. I can present to my husband all my findings until we can confirm with PSA DNA. My husband will be speechless. Now I am waiting for seller response. I think the seller will take my offer of $350 his BIN price is $499

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
It sounds reputable... good luck on your bid!

SandraPaneczko

Shiny_Rock
oobiecoo, Thank for your reply

The seller excepted my offer!!! Yaaa

I asked him for any other information he could give me about the item. He replied that he will included a written statement detailing his family history and all the facts about the signed document. This really assured me that he is truthful. Nobody knowing selling a fake signature would offer a written and signed statement.

Thanks Again

My husband is going to really be speechless!!!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2008 2:51:09 AM
Author: SandraPaneczko
oobiecoo, Thank for your reply

The seller excepted my offer!!! Yaaa

I asked him for any other information he could give me about the item. He replied that he will included a written statement detailing his family history and all the facts about the signed document. This really assured me that he is truthful. Nobody knowing selling a fake signature would offer a written and signed statement.

Thanks Again

My husband is going to really be speechless!!!
YAY, Sandra! I bet he''s going to love it!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results