shape
carat
color
clarity

update on chipped diamond story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As many of you know, I posted on Saturday about the jeweler chipping my diamond when he was mounting it in my new SP eternity band. He told me he would replace it, and I just got a call from them saying they were overnighting a stone from NYC and it should be ready for me late tomorrow. Not only did they search all over for the perfect stone, they are getting me a GIA certified stone. The one I had wasn''t even graded--it was part of a "ready made" ring from a B & M. So this one will be higher quality and worth much more money than my original. Of course, I''m thrilled, but it''s still bittersweet because my original stone is gone, and although it wasn''t fantastic quality, it was mine. I can''t wait to see the new one!

I''ll post again with photos--hopefully Wednesday!

widget

Ideal_Rock
So glad to hear this!

When this is finally settled, I think you should share the name of your dealer...he sounds like a really upstanding guy who deserves public acknowledgement. We hear so many bad stories about jewelers, it''s great hearing good ones!

Can''t wait for Wednesday!
widget

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
wonderful news! so glad that things worked out so smoothly for you. you''re very lucky to have such a trustworthy jeweler!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
If this had to happen, I am glad that it happened with this particular jeweler! He sounds wonderful and I hope that the silver lining is that you get a stone that you love! Good luck
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great!!! Can''t wait to see it, and am so glad the jeweler did that for you!!! So nice to hear a story like this!!!
36.gif

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Wow what a nice ending to an unfortunate event. I understand that the original stone is filled with sentimental value but it''s great to hear that the jeweler did everything he could and more to replace it.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am glad to hear this - I can''t wait to see your new ring, and stone!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! Like everyone else has said, you have a wonderful jeweler. I also hope you''ll let us know who it is and I''m looking forward to photos.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I ditto widget!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no problem identifying him now - even before I get my ring back. His name is Ted Hendrickson, and he and his wife own Goldworks in Chapel Hill, NC. Here is a link to their web site: http://www.goldworks-nc.com/Goldworks/about_us.htm

I''ll post pics asap--if I get it back tomorrow, I''ll try to post some tomorrow night! :)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IT is bittersweet, but it sounds like you are getting an amazing stone! I cannot wait to see your pictures!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I think you have yourself a great jeweler there. I''m glad he worked so hard to make things right for you. Yes, the stone is not the same...but from the sounds of it, you got a great stone!

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2007 6:57:44 PM
Author: katiedid
I have no problem identifying him now - even before I get my ring back. His name is Ted Hendrickson, and he and his wife own Goldworks in Chapel Hill, NC. Here is a link to their web site: http://www.goldworks-nc.com/Goldworks/about_us.htm

I'll post pics asap--if I get it back tomorrow, I'll try to post some tomorrow night! :)

Yay!! They work with high karat gold
30.gif
They have some really spectacular designs.

Can't wait to see pics of your ring!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for Ted Hendrickson and for you too Katie!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! If anyone here has worked with Ted or Goldworks, and you''d like me to say hello for you, let me know! I was telling Janet (one of their designers) that they had a great reputation on Pricescope (they had never even heard of it but were thrilled!). They said they''d love to know who had posted about them because they''re such a family-type business, they remember everyone!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another quick update... :)

I''m going to pick up my ring in a couple of hours. They called and said it was ready and told me that they had brought in 2 stones -- one was the GIA certified H, SI1 and another was a G, VS2. Guess which one they gave me????? Yep, the G. I''m PSYCHED!!!! (My original stone was an H-I, SI--with no certification.)

Will post pics tonight or tomororrow...

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see the result!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
LOVE the new set - stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results