shape
carat
color
clarity

UPDATE, AND RING CLEANING TECHNIQUE...GOOD, OR BAD?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DON HULIO

Rough_Rock
I POSTED SOME THINGS HERE EARLIER THIS SUMMER, BUT HAVE BEEN BUSY, SO THIS IS MY FIRST POST IN A WHILE. ANYWAY, I FINALLY DECIDED TO PURCHASE THE 1.01, D, VS2, TABLE 77%, DEPTH 75%, POLISH - EXCELLENT, SYMMETRY- VERY GOOD, FAINT FLUROESCENCE (sp?), COMPLETE WITH GIA CERT. I PROPOSED TO BECKY ON JULY 3RD, IN PARIS, FRANCE IN A RESTUARANT THAT WAS ESTABLISHED IN 1689. IT WAS VERY ROMANTIC.
ANYWAY, HERE IS MY QUESTION. I READ IN AN ONLINE TUTORIAL THAT FOR GOLD AND PLATINUM THAT EXPOSURE TO CLEANING CHEMICALS WILL DULL THE LUSTRE OF THE METALS OVER TIME, AS WELL AS WEAR AWAY THE RHODIUM FINISH. MY MAIN CONCERN IS THE SAFETY OF THE DIAMOND, SETTINGS CAN BE REPLACED, BUT I'M NOT LOOKING FOR A NEW OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE ANOTHER SETTING. SO HERE IS HOW I CLEAN IT, TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK. THANKS.
I MAY BE A BIT OBSESSED, BUT I CLEAN MY FIANCEE'S E-RING EVERY MORNING BEFORE WE GO TO WORK SO THAT IT SHOWS ITS TRUE BRILLIANCE THROUGHOUT THE DAY. THE RING ITSELF IS A TIFFANY STYLE SETTING, 18 CARAT WHITE GOLD, WITH PLATINUM PRONGS. I CLEAN IT, AS SUGGESTED BY THE AGS APPRAISER THAT APPRAISED THE E-RING, WITH DOW SCRUBBING BUBBLES, AND A TOOTH BRUSH. AFTER A GENTLE AND BRIEF TEN SECOND SCRUB, I THEN WASH IT OFF UNDER THE FAUCET, PAT IT DRY, AND IT LOOKS LIKE NEW. IT REALLY SHINES, AND IT ALWAYS MAKE BECKY SMILE, BECAUSE I GET DOWN ON ONE KNEE AND PROPOSE TO HER ALL OVER AGAIN EACH MORNING WHEN I PUT IT BACK ON HER FINGER...SHE STILL SAYS YES TO. :>)
ANY RESPONSES ARE APPRECIATED, THANKS AGAIN.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think Scrubbing bubbles are the best choice, but I could be wrong.

Ammonia and water would be great, as well as that stuff WF sells.

Maybe a pro will chime in.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yo Don
Many people consider using all capital letters on the Internet to be like shouting.
It turns many people off.

Just trying to help.
Kenny

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Ame,

I must be blind but I can''t find the page where Whiteflash sells its cleaning solution. Could you link me to it?

Don...very romantic proposal. I''m sure your fiance looks forward to waking up every morning!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never heard of using scrubbing bubbles, but that doesn''t mean much!

I just use soap and warm water with a toothbrush.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
And like Kenny said, remember that ALL CAPS is considered shouting. Not to mention it makes your post more difficult and tedious to read, which will definitely turn some people off. I'd personally rather see all lower case than all caps anyday!

tinatark

Shiny_Rock
Ammonia, water, and dish soap is what I use - my jewelry goes into the solution at least 3x a week!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2005 11:46:34 PM
Author: kenny
Yo Don

Many people consider using all capital letters on the Internet to be like shouting.

It turns many people off.

Just trying to help.

Kenny

I was thinking the same thing Kenny...

I have heard that scrubbing bubbles works. Our jeweler told us he loves using Mr. Clean and ammonia. I doubt it could do any harm. If it is working I''d just keep using it.

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

Toothpaste and toothbrush work wonders for me.

DON HULIO

Rough_Rock
Sorry about the all caps, I was posting from work and out computer system calls for the caps lock to be on at all times. I certainly was not screaming or trying to turn anyone off. Thanks for the responses.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Don,

Have we seen pics of this extremely clean e-ring???
31.gif
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results