color
clarity

Upcoming IDJ visit!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619 said:
Wow, that is a lot of bling!! :shock:
It sure is a lot of bling, and it's only a fraction of what they have there :lol: . I spent a good 3 hours there! I could have spent another 2 hours looking at potential future bling, but then they'd need a recliner or bed for DH :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ilander - they are open 10-3 on Sundays, but it's best to call ahead on Friday to confirm. We should meet up one day!

sarahb said:
Looks like a great day to me! :love: :love: How wonderful to be able to go in person & select & choose from everything--good for you!! :appl:
Yekutiel was insisting that I go in and try hoops on before purchasing, and I should have listened :lol: . He emphasized that your face shape, hair, etc. can determine whether to go with oval or round hoops. And even when I was at IDJ, I was reluctant to try on the hoops there, until Yekutiel insisted. I'm glad I caved and put them on, or else I would have gone home with them and been like, :(sad . He also insisted that I try on the bracelets because they have a variety of styles. So go figure, it paid off.

BUT, I do have to say that I usually don't bother trying things in person that I order from IDJ or any PS recommended vendor because the pieces are far superior in quality than what the average brick and mortar jeweler sells. PSers are quite good at vetting vendors, and PS vendors pay attention to the feedback of PSers :read: .
cchloe said:
This has too many diamonds for me to process. I'm going to need a few re-reads to digest.
I was afraid that I didn't take enough pictures, but I guess I took enough. :dance:

Tyty - I've learned that I have to stick with huggies and studs. I do have sapphire and diamond "J" shaped hoops and they give an illusion of sitting a bit straighter on my lobes (because they are backless), as opposed to the backs of the hoops flaring out the way larger hoops do on my ears.

tigian said:
Coming out of a long term hiatusfrom PS.
Your Sunday is certainly a funday, pinto bean!
Can't wait to see your pieces from IDJ! I'm actually a little afraid to see your bracelet because I may want the exact same one.
(Yekutiel certainly does have a good memory,doesn't he? )
Their bracelets are fantastically priced. I am very pleased with their excellent cut melee. Even if I had just purchased the 4 prong bracelet sight unseen, I would have been pleased as punch with it. BUT, being torn between the 4 prong and the 3 prong, it was a good struggle because both are beautiful, but the 3 prong really shows the roundness of the melee more. The reality is, though, from afar / real life perspective, it's all going to look like a line of bling, but the 3 prong roundness is all for ME to enjoy, personally, when I have my wrist up to my nose to stare at the bracelet :lol:

Q

Queenie60

PintoBean|1458503913|4008461 said:
Queenie60 said:
Lucky you Pinto! You're having a blingly 2016 so far! Yekutiel is working on a pair of earrings for me and I would one day love to meet him. Maybe later in the year I'll make a trip to NYC from CA. Can't wait to see your new additions. Take good photos and enjoy your trip.
Queen60! :wavey:
OMG I saw your stones and they are STUNNING :love: :love:
I tried to take pics but the iPhone was a Debby diamond downer. The pics don't do the diamonds justice.

Wow PB - thank you, thank you!!! I'm glad that you saw my stones and glad to know that they're as nice as Yekutiel told me they were. I was only able to see the ASET and photos of the stones. Knowing I have a return period doesn't alarm me, since I can return for another pair. He's handcrafting the 6 prong setting for me. Now I'm too excited! What a fun day - I'm going to NYC before the end of the year. Can't wait to spend several hours at IDJ!! Danger!! Your pear pendant is beautiful and I love the setting. What a blingy 2016 for you!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie! :wavey:
When you come to NYC, maybe we can have a GTG at IDJ and take turns driving Yekutiel crazy :lol: , I mean, be good PSers with a scrutinizing eye shopping for bling. :naughty: :dance:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1458337986|4007596 said:
Fun, fun, fun! :appl: :mrgreen:
Mayk - it was VERY fun, and very sad at the same time - if only I had won lotto :lol: :lol: :lol: I would have bought EVERYTHING! :dance:
4_cs said:
Have fun. I was just there and wish I had more time to look at everything.With the cold weather go get a wicked hot chocolate at Jaques Torres in Rockefeller Center. I'm still thinking about the chocolate.
Oh man, I should have looked for the Jacques Torres! When we left, it was 3 PM, and we just wanted to get going after 3 hours at IDJ. Jacques Torres is one of my FAVORITE chocolatiers - I have been to the one on King Street a few times (many years ago), and for our engagement dinner, we gave out boxes of Jacques Torres chocolates as favors.
missy said:
Ooh have fun Pinto! I would have loved to meet you today if we were not visiting with out of town relatives. The weather is going to be fine albeit cold today. Enjoy!
Missy - I would have loved to have met you in person! Every time a client came in, I'd ask Yekutiel, "Is that a PSer? Is that a PSer?" We totally lucked out with the weather! We opted to walk back to Penn because the wait for off peak trains + train ride would probably take longer than just walking. The weather was perfect for the walk!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1458503913|4008461 said:
Queenie60 said:
Lucky you Pinto! You're having a blingly 2016 so far! Yekutiel is working on a pair of earrings for me and I would one day love to meet him. Maybe later in the year I'll make a trip to NYC from CA. Can't wait to see your new additions. Take good photos and enjoy your trip.
Queen60! :wavey:
OMG I saw your stones and they are STUNNING :love: :love:
I tried to take pics but the iPhone was a Debby diamond downer. The pics don't do the diamonds justice.

Wow Queen60 those studs are going to be amazeballs!
The diamond tennis bracelet in the background also looks ace!
Please show us some pictures when you get your bracelet Pintobean. Thanks for sharing the fun! :wavey:

Q

Queenie60

PintoBean|1458584865|4008995 said:
Queenie! :wavey:
When you come to NYC, maybe we can have a GTG at IDJ and take turns driving Yekutiel crazy :lol: , I mean, be good PSers with a scrutinizing eye shopping for bling. :naughty: :dance:

You bet!! Would love to gtg at IDJ. Can't wait to meet Yekutiel and you too!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really prefer the look of the three prong bracelet - yours is going to be beautiful with those .10 diamonds!! How long will it take for you to receive it?

Interesting too about the pendant and the rhodium plating. I know everyone's skin is different but I wonder if the plating will wear off quickly since it will be touching your skin? I have a three stone pendant that I'm thinking of resetting but would consider rhodium plating if I thought it would last more than a month - ha!

Beautiful visit - thanks so much for sharing all the wonderful pictures!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinto, thank you for bringing us with ya! :wavey: :appl: If you're ever in Scottsdale give me a shout, I'll take you on the bling trail here!

Let me say I love me some fatty pear and yours looks TDF on your pretty neck :love: :appl: :love:

I took the GIA courses on diamonds/colored stones and re setting warmer colors of diamonds, if you want to play down yellow tints you set in yellow gold. That's what the GIA says. My pear ring is a J set in wg and inside in low light shows yellow.

The bracelet is fab! Don't see any scars, too much blinding bling :dance:

Loved the pics, many thanks. Enjoy!!!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1458603482|4009140 said:
I really prefer the look of the three prong bracelet - yours is going to be beautiful with those .10 diamonds!! How long will it take for you to receive it?

Interesting too about the pendant and the rhodium plating. I know everyone's skin is different but I wonder if the plating will wear off quickly since it will be touching your skin? I have a three stone pendant that I'm thinking of resetting but would consider rhodium plating if I thought it would last more than a month - ha!

Beautiful visit - thanks so much for sharing all the wonderful pictures!
MGR - fingers crossed, but it doesn't seem like my body PH leads to eating rhodium, but I'm an infrequent jewelry wearer... BUT that is a VERY good point you have there about rhodium plating on the back of the pendant.

I just got off the phone with Yekutiel. He told me that rhodium on the back will not resolve the issue. He is going to have the bench redo the pendant with the inner part of the wire that touches the diamond rhodiumed. (Maybe he was having nightmares with chubby YELLOW pears chasing him! :lol: )

azstonie said:
Pinto, thank you for bringing us with ya! :wavey: :appl: If you're ever in Scottsdale give me a shout, I'll take you on the bling trail here!

Let me say I love me some fatty pear and yours looks TDF on your pretty neck :love: :appl: :love:

I took the GIA courses on diamonds/colored stones and re setting warmer colors of diamonds, if you want to play down yellow tints you set in yellow gold. That's what the GIA says. My pear ring is a J set in wg and inside in low light shows yellow.

The bracelet is fab! Don't see any scars, too much blinding bling :dance:

Loved the pics, many thanks. Enjoy!!!!
Oooo... azstonie - I've been wanting to visit AZ for a spa vacation. Now you're telling me there's a BLING TRAIL, too :shock: ! So I'm imagining sweating in a sauna, then staring at diamonds to cool down, then back into the sauna, then out to stare at diamonds... lather rinse repeat... :lol:

Q

Queenie60

Hi Pinto: Just spoke with Yekutiel - My earrings are being shipped today! Just wanted to pass on, he told me what a very nice lady you are. He couldn't say enough good comments about your lovely personality! He confirmed the feelings I get from your posts! Thank you again for taking photos of my stones. Adds to the excitement.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1458679842|4009539 said:
Hi Pinto: Just spoke with Yekutiel - My earrings are being shipped today! Just wanted to pass on, he told me what a very nice lady you are. He couldn't say enough good comments about your lovely personality! He confirmed the feelings I get from your posts! Thank you again for taking photos of my stones. Adds to the excitement.
Awww... Queenie60! That's so nice to hear!!!! :angel: I always get the feeling that YOU are very warm and personable and I always look forward to seeing your posts!

I hope you've got a pair of sunglasses laying around, because you're gonna need them when you look at your new earrings!!!! :sun: I'm excited for you!!!!!! :appl:

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock

Love those stones! Did you update your thread with their specs? I'm curious. I have a pair of IDJ studs and they are GORGEOUS!

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Pinto - what a fantastic thread! Love the pics. I only want one of EVERYTHING!

Love the 3 prong tennis bracelet!

Q

Queenie60

wildcat03|1458695605|4009625 said:

Love those stones! Did you update your thread with their specs? I'm curious. I have a pair of IDJ studs and they are GORGEOUS!

Will make a thread upon receipt. Thank you - I love the stones too!!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean, thank you for this informative thread! I still have a hard time telling the difference between a 3 prong and 4 prong tennis bracelet in the photos you posted. Can you tell me in this picture which one is the 3 and which is the 4? I think is it because the stones in the IDJ 3-prong bracelet are much closer together than ones made by other vendors? Do you feel this is the case? Also, do you remember what size stones these are and what the total weight is for each? Thank you!

_2524.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wildcat03|1458695646|4009627 said:
Pinto - what a fantastic thread! Love the pics. I only want one of EVERYTHING!

Love the 3 prong tennis bracelet!
Hi wildcat03 :wavey:
If I ever win lotto... BIG BLINGY shopping spree at IDJ!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear said:
PintoBean, thank you for this informative thread! I still have a hard time telling the difference between a 3 prong and 4 prong tennis bracelet in the photos you posted. Can you tell me in this picture which one is the 3 and which is the 4? I think is it because the stones in the IDJ 3-prong bracelet are much closer together than ones made by other vendors? Do you feel this is the case? Also, do you remember what size stones these are and what the total weight is for each? Thank you!
Mea culpa - I mixed up identifying the two bracelets at first when I was posting real quick. The three prong is on top (towards the fingers), and the four prong is towards the fitbit/hairband.

Yes, the IDJ 3-prong bracelet is closer together, but still more spaced out than the 4 prong. Both bracelets are 7". Because the 3 prong is more spaced out, you have less stones making up the 7". Less stones means lower total carat weight and better pricing.
3 prong - 8.5 pointers. About 45-49 stones? <-- my memory is failing me, but definitely less stones than the 4 prong
4 prong - 9 pointers. 54 stones = about 5 ctw
I tried to circle the prongs in the pic. I hope this new pic helps

_1054.png

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean, thank you for the detailed description of the tennis bracelets! Somehow the 3 prong IDJ looks different from the WF 3 prong. Is it because the stones are much closer together on the IDJ one? I'm posting a picture of the WF one for comparison. I never really considered a tennis bracelet before, but all these threads on PS... :cheeky:

3-prong-platinum-tennis-bracelet-by-whiteflash-30210.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
iLander|1458743320|4009814 said:
Hey! Did you guys see the VIDEO of that pear ring on IDJ's instagram? :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

You can view it even without an instagram account, https://www.instagram.com/idjewelry/?hl=en

:love: :love: :love:
That pear is AMAZING! As is that 5.33 carat assher, set by SK, owned by a PSer. ;))
I never knew IDJ had an instagram until a couple days ago. Now I'm checking for new pics all the time!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear|1458743290|4009813 said:
PintoBean, thank you for the detailed description of the tennis bracelets! Somehow the 3 prong IDJ looks different from the WF 3 prong. Is it because the stones are much closer together on the IDJ one? I'm posting a picture of the WF one for comparison. I never really considered a tennis bracelet before, but all these threads on PS... :cheeky:
The IDJ looks closer together than the WF 3 prong. I prefer the IDJ 3 prong because it gives you more of a line look from afar, than the WF, which is more scalloped, BUT with the IDJ 3 prong, you can still see that the diamonds are round, as opposed to the 4 prong - squared off. The roundness of the stones in the IDJ 3 prong is more noticeable up close, so it is the happy medium for me.

Let me see if I can break this down better.

FROM THE PICTURE (haven't seen in real life) it seems that WF 3 prong - up close looks "scalloped". Real life perspective - looks like you will still be able to tell it's 3-prong and scalloped

IDJ 3 prong - diamonds closer together than the WF 3 prong, so up close see subtle scallop - roundness. Real life perspective/afar - resembles a straight line

IDJ 4 prong - diamonds closest together - up close looks almost like princess cut because 4 prongs create squared off illusion. Rea life perspective/afar - you see a straight line

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1458744850|4009823 said:
The IDJ looks closer together than the WF 3 prong. I prefer the IDJ 3 prong because it gives you more of a line look from afar, than the WF, which is more scalloped, BUT with the IDJ 3 prong, you can still see that the diamonds are round, as opposed to the 4 prong - squared off. The roundness of the stones in the IDJ 3 prong is more noticeable up close, so it is the happy medium for me.

FROM THE PICTURE (haven't seen in real life) it seems that WF 3 prong - up close looks "scalloped". Real life perspective - looks like you will still be able to tell it's 3-prong and scalloped

IDJ 3 prong - diamonds closer together than the WF 3 prong, so up close see subtle scallop - roundness. Real life perspective/afar - resembles a straight line

IDJ 4 prong - diamonds closest together - up close looks almost like princess cut because 4 prongs create squared off illusion. Rea life perspective/afar - you see a straight line
It looks like the single prong on the 3 prong IDJ is tucked in between the 2 prongs of each stone's neighbor, making it look almost like a share prong bracelet. That must be the "new" 3 prong design you mentioned earlier, as the 3 prong bracelet on the IDJ website looks like the WF one.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear|1458754304|4009899 said:
PintoBean|1458744850|4009823 said:

It looks like the single prong on the 3 prong IDJ is tucked in between the 2 prongs of each stone's neighbor, making it look almost like a share prong bracelet. That must be the "new" 3 prong design you mentioned earlier, as the 3 prong bracelet on the IDJ website looks like the WF one.
CareBear - I think you're right about the old versus new 3 prong! I went to look at some old threads, and the 3 prong IDJ bracelets used to look like the WF one!

And you are correct about the 3rd prong being tucked in between the next diamond's 2 prongs. Which setting are you fancying? Do you want to be bracelet twins? :naughty:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1458755094|4009906 said:
CareBear - I think you're right about the old versus new 3 prong! I went to look at some old threads, and the 3 prong IDJ bracelets used to look like the WF one!

And you are correct about the 3rd prong being tucked in between the next diamond's 2 prongs. Which setting are you fancying? Do you want to be bracelet twins? :naughty:
I wasn't really a fan of the "old" 3 prong, as the spacing was too far apart and unless the stones were a "big" size, the 3 prongs made the stones look a bit triangular. But this new design does not seem to have this issue. No doubt I WANT to be bracelet twins, but it might have to be next year. If I get one this year, it will have to be a very "thin" one, which I won't be happy with for long. It is CRAZY that you have to buy 40+ stones to make a bracelet. I only purchased 9 for a DBTY :cheeky:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear|1458758405|4009934 said:
PintoBean|1458755094|4009906 said:

I wasn't really a fan of the "old" 3 prong, as the spacing was too far apart and unless the stones were a "big" size, the 3 prongs made the stones look a bit triangular. But this new design does not seem to have this issue. No doubt I WANT to be bracelet twins, but it might have to be next year. If I get one this year, it will have to be a very "thin" one, which I won't be happy with for long. It is CRAZY that you have to buy 40+ stones to make a bracelet. I only purchased 9 for a DBTY :cheeky:
They are upgradeable! :naughty: I hope you call and get an idea for pricing - you might be pleasantly surprised! :appl: :dance:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1458759221|4009945 said:
They are upgradeable! :naughty: I hope you call and get an idea for pricing - you might be pleasantly surprised! :appl: :dance:
For the full purchase price?! :o

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear said:
PintoBean|1458759221|4009945 said:
For the full purchase price?! :o
From my understanding, yes, which is why they impress upon you to KEEP YOUR RECEIPT! lololol... BUT disclaimer - always double check with IDJ b/c my brain is like a sieve nowadays... :confused:

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I couldn't even tell that the 3 prong was 3 prong at first. How many stones will there be in your final bracelet with the 10 pointers?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
qtiekiki|1458773408|4010100 said:
I couldn't even tell that the 3 prong was 3 prong at first. How many stones will there be in your final bracelet with the 10 pointers?
I don't know yet - he didn't have a setting for 10 pointers on hand when I was there on Sunday. I will update when I get the info. For the record, I fit 7" bracelets.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results