color
clarity

Upcoming IDJ visit!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ac117|1462915364|4029925 said:
And I forgot these... :lol: :lol: :lol:
gee - the pics aren't piggy backing with the quote! But if I won lotto, I'd make these two diamonds into EARRINGS! the studdliest of studs!!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAHAHAHA oh yea PB, you outed yourself!!! :silenced: I wasn't going to let the cat out of the bag but since you did...YES YOU WERE TOTALLY BUSTED!!!! "Secret" purchase...there are NO secrets with BLING!! :Up_to_something:

I actually held those big boys up to my ears, turned to Tami and Jade and said, "too much?" :shock: :lol:

Q

Queenie60

Phoenix|1462080652|4025709 said:
Queenie, I'm loving the multi-row pave bracelet and the double-millegrain pendant. It's making me want to double-millegrain my 2.56ct, and giving me ideas for setting Holly!

Wear your pendant, bracelet and earrings in great health and happiness.

(Did I already say I love love love the double-millegrain?! Lol).

Thank you Phoenix. I wear it every day and just love it.

Q

Queenie60

december-fire|1462468472|4027686 said:
Queenie60|1461968578|4025288 said:
And..... :dance: :dance: :appl: :appl: - here it is: My new IDJ Pendant. TA DA......

img_1839_0.jpg

img_1837_1.jpg

Queenie,

I love your new pendant! :love:

And that rose is so beautiful! It looks as soft as velvet! :love:

Thank you December-fire - I love this pendant and wear it every day. The rose is from my yard. I take great pride in my roses!!

Q

Queenie60

gemgirl|1462540446|4028048 said:
december-fire|1462468472|4027686 said:
Queenie60|1461968578|4025288 said:
And..... :dance: :dance: :appl: :appl: - here it is: My new IDJ Pendant. TA DA......

img_1839_0.jpg

img_1837_1.jpg

Queenie,

I love your new pendant! :love:

And that rose is so beautiful! It looks as soft as velvet! :love:

Hi Queenie! So it was YOUR pendant I saw. It's absolutely lovely and Yekutiel did such a good job on that micro-milgraining. Really spectacular! (He was proud. It was easy to see!) Wear it in the best of health and happiness.

Thank you gemgirl - glad you were able to see it in person. I love it and wear it daily, the adjustable chain is awesome.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ac117|1462915185|4029921 said:
Well everyone I am reviving this thread!!! I am super happy to report (although Yekutiel probably feels very differently :lol: ) that I've been to IDJ a few times during the last few days!!! As a bunch of you know, I've been working on my upgrade so here are a bunch of pictures of what I went to see!! The arrangements are not final yet but I :love: stone 3!!!! I hope she can be mine soon!!!

Stone 1: 3.18 H SI1 (from my RT post)
Stone 2: 3.07 I VS2
Stone 2.5: 2.5 G VS1
Stone 3: Current love so not posting exact specs but around 3 1/4 and G VS2!!! (I also posted the images on another RT thread!)

I tried (key word) to take decent pics but these babies are hard to capture!!!! Anyway, enjoy the bling and I will keep everyone in the loop as things *hopefully* progress!!!
ac117, I can't tell which is which but ahhh so many gorgeous diamonds! :love: :love: :love: A 3.25 G VS2 would be DIVINE!!!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1462915969|4029930 said:
YESSSSSSsssss, ac117!!! That's how you "bling" on the diamond ****!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :appl: :appl: :appl: :lickout: Do you own polarized sunglasses, btw?

And... uh... a few weeks ago, I decided to make a stealth IDJ purchase. I figured I could make a quick call and bow out real quick. I called IDJ, got Yekutiel, and got BUSTED by AC117 who was AT IDJ that very moment!!!!! So... the cat's out of the bag (meow)! I couldn't get the topaz bezel band out of my head, so instead of waiting till my anniversary to get it, I ordered it a few weeks ago. :whistle: :whistle: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:
PB, why wait a month if you're going to get it anyways right? :dance: I can't wait to see that blue, white, and gold stack! :lol:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear|1462941761|4030119 said:
ac117|1462915185|4029921 said:
Well everyone I am reviving this thread!!! I am super happy to report (although Yekutiel probably feels very differently :lol: ) that I've been to IDJ a few times during the last few days!!! As a bunch of you know, I've been working on my upgrade so here are a bunch of pictures of what I went to see!! The arrangements are not final yet but I :love: stone 3!!!! I hope she can be mine soon!!!

Stone 1: 3.18 H SI1 (from my RT post)
Stone 2: 3.07 I VS2
Stone 2.5: 2.5 G VS1
Stone 3: Current love so not posting exact specs but around 3 1/4 and G VS2!!! (I also posted the images on another RT thread!)

I tried (key word) to take decent pics but these babies are hard to capture!!!! Anyway, enjoy the bling and I will keep everyone in the loop as things *hopefully* progress!!!
ac117, I can't tell which is which but ahhh so many gorgeous diamonds! :love: :love: :love: A 3.25 G VS2 would be DIVINE!!!

Thanks CareBear!! I tried naming the picture files but they didn't come out the way they are on my computer!! Just give me a lot of bling and sparkle all over, who cares about specs ( :lol: :-o JK :lol: )!! The G VS2 is a knockout...it has SBF which I', reassuring myself is NOT a bad thing!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of COURSE fluor is a good thing (when it has no negative impacts) - don't you want your boulder to POP under the black lights of a night club, too?!?!?! :lol: :dance:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trueeeee I forgot about all those nights I spend at the club!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm going to have to invest in a pair of these --> :geek:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ac117, are you keeping your current stone and do you already have a setting in mind?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear|1462983676|4030265 said:
ac117, are you keeping your current stone and do you already have a setting in mind?

Unfortunately not keeping my original (that's the price I'll need to pay to go so big...but now that you said that, I have new thoughts :naughty: ). I'm also keeping my current setting! I've confirmed that just the head could be changed out and this time around I could get pretty claw prongs :)) DH agreed to the new stone but he's sentimental about the setting since he chose it and I am ok with that!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soo... anyone else have any projects coming up, besides ac117? :naughty:

Don't force me to fill in the void here... :naughty: :whistle:

Q

Queenie60

img_1858.jpg img_1862.jpg

This is the ring that Yekutiel made for my Nephew. He just received it last week and may propose this coming weekend!! I'm trying to hold my promise to my husband that I will wait until the end of the year to make any more purchases. Can I hold out....... :wall: :naughty:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:shock: I don't think I could hold onto a ring like that... because I wouldn't be able to LET IT GO! ;(

Are you getting the jackets for your studs? :dance: It's been a bit windy lately... your studs might feel the chill - put a jacket on them!

Q

Queenie60

You're so funny PB :lol: :razz: Waiting a few months - giving my husband a breather! Have some yellow gold pieces on consignment at a local consignment store. Will use the funds from the sale of the gold to fund a pair of jackets. Can't believe how much my gold from 15 plus years ago is worth!! Holy Cow. Just dated things sitting in my jewelry box, they're nice but I don't wear yellow gold any longer.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo... maybe eye lied (to myself) again and have ANOTHER project up my sleeve... Hint hint - "eye".

Q

Queenie60

Oh, come on PB - share.... :rolleyes:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmmm, what is PintoBean up to now. :think:

diamond_eye_patch.jpg

eye_patch.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ermagherd Queenie60, December-fire! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are in the planning stage right now. EYE've decided that I want an east west marquise = like a fat band!
This is the candidate so far!

Measurements: 9.68 x 4.56 x 2.52 mm
Carat Weight: 0.65 carat
Color Grade: E
Clarity Grade: VS2
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: Faint

Q

Queenie60

Wow! I love e/w marquise - I have a K, faint brown e/w set marquise right hand ring. Love the look! Can't wait to see.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, PB...you are a sneaky and very naughty normal PSer!!!!!!! Hahahaha Can't wait to see the final product!!! That contender looks promising!! :naughty:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1463506382|4032774 said:
Ermagherd Queenie60, December-fire! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are in the planning stage right now. EYE've decided that I want an east west marquise = like a fat band!
This is the candidate so far!

Measurements: 9.68 x 4.56 x 2.52 mm
Carat Weight: 0.65 carat
Color Grade: E
Clarity Grade: VS2
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: Faint
PB, is this in addition to the topaz band?!! It's gonna be a HAPPY summer for you!!! :dance: Have you made a final decision on this new project yet?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear said:
PB, is this in addition to the topaz band?!! It's gonna be a HAPPY summer for you!!! :dance: Have you made a final decision on this new project yet?
Gosh - you have the BEST memory! yup - this is in addition to the topaz band! That's already been ordered!
These are my inspirations:
http://www.faycullen.com/FCIA-RINGS/6119/
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cvb-chloe.216989/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cvb-chloe.216989/page-2[/URL]

I want an east west marquise, because I think north/south looks like a...ahem... :whistle: :think: "flower". To keep the marquise from looking too much like an eye when set east/west, I want to add 3 milgrained bezeled marquises like the Fay Cullen ring - but in the Fay Cullen it's round diamonds inside the "leaves and stem". Instead of V shaped prongs for the corner of the "eye", i want 3 claws, inspired by the CVB Chloe - albeit that has 6 claws (me thinks, from the pic), and 3 claw prongs on each side of the "belly".

Since it's such a high color, I'm thinking YG!
Yekutiel said yesterday that he is waiting on the 6 baby marquises and then he will do a layout for me. I said wittle-wittle marquises, please, like the type in stacking bands, and he :roll: said can't be too wittle because of my size 9 finger. :lol: 8-) :???: :lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And we've got IMAGES!! Eep! :dance:

gia___5171448155-officelight_black-01.jpg

gia___5171448155-aset_black__fancy_-01.jpg

gia___5171448155-aset_white-01.jpg

gia___5171448155-idealscope-01.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I missed this https://eshop.gabrielny.com/engagement-ring/ER11747R4W44JJ
the first time I searched Gabriel and co because I limited the search to marquise shaped centers. I think I'm going to put in an inquiry tomorrow with IDJ to find out of Gabriel can customize this to fit a marquise. I still want my triple claw prongs though! Would that make these chicken feet claws? Dragon feet claws? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The compromise here would be round melee as opposed to marquise shape inside the bezels but heck of the price is right I'm always flexible!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PB, it is insane that you get 9.7mm of horizontal finger coverage with just a 0.65 marquise!!! And you're getting even more coverage with the "petals" on each side. I like how ya think :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
But tell me you are NOT going to call this ring your "dragon claw chicken feet" :knockout:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear said:
PB, it is insane that you get 9.7mm of horizontal finger coverage with just a 0.65 marquise!!! And you're getting even more coverage with the "petals" on each side. I like how ya think :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
But tell me you are NOT going to call this ring your "dragon claw chicken feet" :knockout:
BAAhahahahahaaha! Thanks for inspiring me! Maybe I'll call this ring - "kentucky fried dragon claw chicken feet" BAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I spoke to Yekutiel again. We are both on the same page - back to custom CAD versus customizing the Gabriel and Co.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A PSer was kind enough to capture pics of the marquise! She also said it's very pretty and crisp and the bow tie is small and made a point of capturing the stone at its worst. :lol:

_3820.jpeg

_3821.jpeg

_3822.jpeg

_3823.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More marquise!

_3824.jpeg

_3825.jpeg

_3826.jpeg

_3827.jpeg