shape
carat
color
clarity

Unsetting diamonds in this piece possible

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whotheyare

Shiny_Rock
hey sorry this is best pic i could get, would unsetting the diamonds and putting in new diamonds be possible for this? it seems to be prong set but im no expert also there are no holes or very tiny holes in back of the bail on this piece so could the diamonds in the bail be taken out? let me know thanks sorry its best pic i could get

560b_12.JPG

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The diamonds can be removed. It will create some damage on the area where they are set which is repairable at some cost depending on how damaged it becomes. WHile something can be done, it becomes a matter of practicality what to actually do. Do you want to re-use the small diamonds elsewhere and scrap the cross. Do you want to re-set the cross with larger or better stones? Do you want to do both? This may assist me in figuring out what is best.

whotheyare

Shiny_Rock
hey there thanks for response, as u can see they are i quality diamonds so i want to take them out and reset better quality diamonds in there, would it be expensive on labor to do that and would the diamonds in the bail be able to be removed since behind the bail the holes are tiny and some behind the bail i cant even see the hole

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You can do the job, but I would question whether it is worth doing. Removing the diamonds will create damage so that repairs must be done before setting different diamonds can be accomplished. If cost is no object, then you don''t have to decide anything excpet what you want to put in place of the old stones. If you want to be in control of the cost, then you must find a willing bench jeweler who will provide you an estimate in advance. The risk is that the job won''t turn out just as you envision.

It is safer to buy a piece that is already made to your satisfaction, but you are the one in charge.

whotheyare

Shiny_Rock
the benchworker can help me wit the diamond setting price and the diamond mellee price, but taking out the diamonds and repairing prongs is that an expensive process in your opinion or can it be done easily? does it take alot of labor to do that?

finally about the bail there are no holes or tiny tiny holes in the back of bail how would diamonds be taken out of the bail?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results