shape
carat
color
clarity

Unknown material identification

Gold99

Rough_Rock
What does this brooch is made of? Resin, glass, stones, other? The metal is not precious, I mean there're no gold/silver stamps.
brooch DSCN5886_2.JPG brooch DSCN5888_2.JPG
How much do you think its value is?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I don't know but here's one that looks sort of similar to me, on Etsy. It's listed as an antique glass tile micro-mosaic Italian brooch, for $69.99. So if it's the same, not all that valuable but certainly cool!

1658676375605.png

Gold99

Rough_Rock
Thank you, you routed me to the right direction. I've just searched "micro-mosaic" within this forum and found other forumers have got similar jewels. Here we can read a good description of this technique
Micromosaics are a type of mosaic created from tiny fragments of glass, called tesserae. The tesserae are mosaic pieces made from an opaque vitreous glass or enamel in a multitude of colors called smalto. The smalto is pulled into rods or threads, called filati (spun enamel), and then left to cool.

It comes from Italy for sure. It's a pity it's so ruined and I guess there isn't any way to restore it by a "domestic" work, I mean not by a professional, is there?

Well, I think I'll try to sell it for 20-30 euros.

PS - How can I contact a moderator to ask to move this thread to "Antique & Vintage Jewelry" area?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, you routed me to the right direction. I've just searched "micro-mosaic" within this forum and found other forumers have got similar jewels. Here we can read a good description of this technique

It comes from Italy for sure. It's a pity it's so ruined and I guess there isn't any way to restore it by a "domestic" work, I mean not by a professional, is there?

Well, I think I'll try to sell it for 20-30 euros.

PS - How can I contact a moderator to ask to move this thread to "Antique & Vintage Jewelry" area?

see in the bottom left hand corner of your post in blue type it says report post
use that function =)2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
opps
excuse my lack of manners
i forgot to say
that's a pretty cool brooch

Gold99

Rough_Rock
A feline's friend is always forgiven =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results