shape
carat
color
clarity

Unheated Blue Sapphire for Art Deco Mount

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2010 11:18:34 AM
Author: Chrono
This is the second empty Art Deco mount that needs a 6 mm round stone. I plopped the sapphire into the setting only for picture taking purposes. It’s too small for the setting, as you can see, because it ‘fell” right to the bottom of the basket. One day, I’ll find the right ruby for this Art Deco setting.
Chrono, what a beautiful sapphire! I love the color, and I love it best in this setting. Too bad it won't fit. : (

Ebay is a great place for bargains, and if you do your research (like you have), you can find some amazing pieces.

Congrats, and I can't wait to see what you do with this!

PS: You were very smart to get the AIGS cert. I just bought a spess from Ebay and I made sure an AIGS cert was included.

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/31/2010 11:16:45 AM
Author: Chrono
This is the Art Deco setting I mean to set the stone in. It fits perfectly, both size wise and colour wise with the Art Deco period.

Wow! That''s a nice dreamy blue. Good purchase!

Did you get a good price since the seller thought that it was a heated stone?

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
very pretty :)

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/31/2010 11:10:26 AM
Author:Chrono
I have a very small admission to make. I took a giant leap of faith to buy this from........eBay! *Gasp* The reason I did so is because I wanted an inexpensive 5.5 mm to 5.8 mm blue sapphire to mount into my existing Art Deco setting. I purchased this setting very inexpensively as well and so didn’t want to spend a lot on the stone. Knowing how eBay can be a very dangerous place, I asked many questions and made the sale contingent upon an AIGS memo stating that it is heat only. Knowing that it balances right on the 1.00 ct mark, I knew the stone could measure below 1 ct and accepted that fact because it was more important to me that the stone fit my setting than carat weight. What came back as a surprise and a plus is that AIGS stated that the stone is unheated! I believe the stone to be of Madagascar origin but it has the colour of a “cornflower” Ceylon sapphire.

Wow I like it! Beautiful
3.gif

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a really nice colour Chrono and I''m impressed to see how accurate the vendor''s photo is when compared to your photo.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2010 7:48:23 PM
Author: vinkalmann
Wow! That''s a nice dreamy blue. Good purchase!

Did you get a good price since the seller thought that it was a heated stone?
As a heated sapphire, the price was very inexpensive for such a colour and excellent cutting. Now that I know it is unheated, this stone is a steal!

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
WOW, those are gorgeous Art Deco mountings; Art Deco is one of my favorite styles of jewelry. And I agree, certification is really important when you don't buy directly from the mine
5.gif
4.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful Chrono, what a great purchase! It looks perfect in that setting.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!
30.gif
What a great find Chrono!
36.gif
I love the setting you have planned for it too.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
whoo! would you look at that blue!
30.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Awesome blue!!!! Love the settings, too!
36.gif

Lori

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing find, Chrono! I love the settings, too. Can''t believe you found that
9.gif
Though I guess if someone here would, it would be you... yay!
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you to all for the wonderful generous comments. I’m sorry for not thanking everyone individually as I’ve not been well lately so I have not posted at all over the weekend.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to add some screen captures of Tan’s video of this stone to gauge the accuracy of colour compared to IRL. Part of the attraction of the stone to me is the lovely high crown it has, as evidenced in this picture.

Chronosapscreencap.JPG

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone Chrono.
36.gif

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty, Chrono! I know that most people on here are
23.gif
about ebay (with good reason), but there really are some amazing finds on there.. you just have to know where and HOW to look.

LOVE that deco look. I want one of my own now
37.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stone!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results