shape
carat
color
clarity

understanding a sarin on a marquise

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
I have worked with several very cool pricescope venders begging them all for sarins in search of the elusive puuuurfect Marquise. .Cudos to Usa cert, GOG, blue nile, union and dirtcheap for comming through! Raspberries to those other two that don''t.

Anyhoo,
It is easy to read a sarin for a round . But how do you go about doing it for a fancy? I tried comparing opposite angles but even those are wacky looking. It seems to me the opposite facet/angles for the crown alone and pavilion alone
26.gif
26.gif
should be close in numbers. :)

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I hope you will tell us all if you manage to find a way to get some valuable info our of the Sarin report.

If you can get a Gem Adviser file then we can help you.

Or get a Sarin 3D files then email it to me on Garryh At symbol ideal-scope.com and I will make you Gem adviser files and tell you stuff.

Or better still - just post some ideal-scope photo''s :)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder why the sellers have not told you the same as Garry.

... hold those berries
2.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Using proportional numbers as the principal consderation of the return of light is at best a guess.

Fancy stones especially Marquises and Pears having varying crown and pavilion angles.

To be sure of how it looks, it has to be seen in person.

Rockdoc

zoobiedo

Shiny_Rock
Having found my own puurfect marquise, I would agree with Rockdoc - you must see it in person. I had the vendor look at it and tell me about it but I still had it shipped to an independent appraiser so I could see it myself. Best of luck
emwink.gif

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Hmm I was asking for sarins for mostly the crown depth which the Aga chart says is important , also to verify other porportions as interestingly I have found the weight, depth and table to vary considerably from the gia cert.

Also as said before there are some people out there with tables on suggested angles for fancies. If any vender questioned my intent on getting a sarin I would not deal with them. It is not up to them what info I need. When my patients are scared and want to know about the big needle full of drugs I am pushing into their veins I would never tell them " u don''t need to know"

That said-thanks for your responses. I will try and use my eyes and def pay a bit extra to have some stones analized by an expert.u all Rock!
25.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure it is a good thing that those sellers produced Sarin. But there is more appropriate stuff to ask for and they know you might not know to ask for it.

Perhaps not unlike your patients not knowing what drugs to ask for
2.gif

No wonder the weight from Sarin estimates does not tally with reality... that''s how precise the measurements are on a marquise
20.gif

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Alrighty then what should I ask for?

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
Hi
Post an ideal scope image or supply a 3d Sarin file to one of the experts (see Gary Cut Nut posting)

I see you are dealing with GOG, believe me he would give you a whole book of info on any diamond he has in stock

Johan
31.gif
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results