shape
carat
color
clarity

undergarments (spanx, bras, etc,)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
Just wondering, what are you going to wear/what did you wear under your dress for the wedding?
I''m going to my first fitting in 2 months. Geez....actually less than 2 months...and I think it might be a smart idea
to wear them at the actual fitting so I know how the dress will fit on the day of.

Do you need to wear something? I heard spanx are wonderful for the figure.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Sexy lingerie... Screw the body shaping stuff
9.gif

Hehe the undergarment should be fit for your first night as man and wife
31.gif

ETA: I never answered your second question. Yes, you should wear your wedding undergarment to your final fitting.
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a good question. I have no idea what I''m going to wear. I''m thinking some kind of corset though, maybe some spanx too. I really should start thinking about this...being that my wedding is in less than three months and all...

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
My BFF bought all the lovely lingerie...and ended up trading it for the body shaping attire.

Think about the shape of the dress and what you need to look your best. Do you need push up support? Strapless bra? Smoothing undies? Nothing? And go from there!

You can always put a bridesmaid in charge of making sure you change into the sexy stuff after the pictures, but before you leave for the night.
11.gif

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I am actually looking for the long line bra, kind of a corset but with no bones, kwim. I also need the crinoline too.

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
My dress is definitely going to be a challenge in terms of finding good undergarments. The back was custom-lowered into a 2-inch "v" so a normal bra won''t do. The dress shop owner says they frequently sew in fake boobies (sewn directly into the dress) which is a big plus for me since I am small-chested anyway. So I''m hoping that not only can I avoid a bra altogether, but it gives me some extra lift.

The other challenge is that my dress is extremely form-fitting from the chest down through thighs. I need to keep my tummy in shape so you don''t see a belly-button indentation. When my dress comes in next month, I am going to ask the lady if I should try out spanks, or if a seamless thong would be ok. Or maybe I could just wear nothing, heheh
31.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
So far my plan is to wear a white corset and some cute panties, and tights. It''s cold in March!
1.gif
But the tights will come off before the unveiling of the corset and panties.
31.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I''d suggest bringing options to your fittings, that way you can try it on and see what looks and feels the best. The day of I wore spanx however I did have cups sewn into the dress. I probably didn''t need them but they made me feel better.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
My dress was corset-style and the bodice was very firm, so I didn''t really need any slimming garments. I did need something to fill out the bust, though, and if I was going to spend $$ on it, it was going to be something I could wear again, not cups sewn into the dress. So I got a Le Mystere strapless bra, which is FANTASTIC and I highly recommend it to anyone in search of a strapless. Wore that with lacy blue undies.

I wouldn''t worry too much about having sexy garments under the dress, because unless you''re having an extremely chill wedding, you''re definitely going to want to shower before getting into bed that night. IMO, it''s better to invest in garments that work well under your dress but might not be terribly sexy and then something slinky to wear post-bathing.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I am wearing an A-Line gown so I need long line bra and a crinoline. Where would you suggest I get the long line bra from? Pls suggest. I don''t want to buy from the bridal shop because I know it will cost me a ton. So, is there any alternative for me?

I''d like the bra to tuck in my tummy but no boney corset cause the bone will shown from outside the gown.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 1:52:34 PM
Author: joelly
I am wearing an A-Line gown so I need long line bra and a crinoline. Where would you suggest I get the long line bra from? Pls suggest. I don''t want to buy from the bridal shop because I know it will cost me a ton. So, is there any alternative for me?

I''d like the bra to tuck in my tummy but no boney corset cause the bone will shown from outside the gown.

Actually the cheapest place I found a microfiber one w/o boning was Davids Bridal. But I think I saw similar in JC Penneys and macy''s so you can check there as well!

luvbug

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 9:44:54 AM
Author: emeraldlover1
I''d suggest bringing options to your fittings, that way you can try it on and see what looks and feels the best. The day of I wore spanx however I did have cups sewn into the dress. I probably didn''t need them but they made me feel better.
I agree with EM - I brought three options between spanx and two different corset bras. My seamstress said I had to decide what I was wearing @ the first fitting...no going back!
Nothing ended up working b/c the back of my dress is too low so I ended up with sewn in cups.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 2:02:52 PM
Author: rhbgirl24

Date: 10/19/2009 1:52:34 PM
Author: joelly

Actually the cheapest place I found a microfiber one w/o boning was Davids Bridal. But I think I saw similar in JC Penneys and macy''s so you can check there as well!
Wow! Thanks!!! Will definitely check with these places.
36.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
My undergarments are the opposite of sexy... and also far from functional
2.gif
They're just comfy!

I have "Assets" the cheaper version of Spanx (also made by Sara Blakely) sold at Target in a highwaisted/footless style. They don't actually suck anything in (they're just like nylons) but they're comfy, thin, and keep my thighs from touching. It gets hot under that heavy dress, and I *hate* the feeling when skin sticks together. Yuck. They'll look lame when FI gets my garter, but I don't mind. I hate actual hose, so I needed to go with a footless version. And I wanted something that would cover my thighs down to the knee.

Up top I'm wearing a padded, strapless bra from VS. Nothin' fancy.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
im wearing a lacy strapless bra/corset combo with sexy blue panties underneath :) as for it getting too hot, we are investing in a misting fan to spray up my skirt throughout the night haha

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 3:42:53 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved
im wearing a lacy strapless bra/corset combo with sexy blue panties underneath :) as for it getting too hot, we are investing in a misting fan to spray up my skirt throughout the night haha

ROFL. Not a mental picture I needed, but good luck keeping your dress dry then! Lol!

I wore a corset under mine, though my actual "going to the courthouse" dress had Spanx underneath to smooth everything out since the dress was chiffon and showed every bump.

I''m wearing the tighest bra thingy I''ve ever worn in my entire life. I tried it on while dress shopping and it helped the dress look gorgeous on me. I AM ALSO going to put some spanx on on top of that. And I say screw the sexy stuff.. haha by then it''ll be 4 years together and I just wanna look great in my dress. I mean, if I have to peel my corset bra and spanx off and THEN put something cute on after a huge long day and then be expected to have relations.... he''s dreamin'' ;-) My bet is he''ll be passed out before me anyways :D

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Spanx and a lengthened corset bra for this girl!

I figure if I am in the mood for love after an incredibly looooooonnnng day - at the very least I will want to take an opportunity to freshen up - especially after a night of being hot and dancing. Practicality won in my playbook.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I am getting married in the tropics in November, I will be wearing as little as possible.

No bra (built into my dress) and some sexy lacy knickers
11.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
All I wore was a pair of comfy (but cute) bright turquoise underwear. My dress had cups sewn into it so I didn''t need anything on top. I actually had a really hard time finding cute turquoise undies that weren''t sheer. Since I was getting dressed in front of my mom and bridesmaids I decided to skip the see through thongs! Plus I didn''t feel like being uncomfortable for 6 or 7 hours...I figured a bride readjusting her underwear isn''t particularly attractive!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results