shape
carat
color
clarity

Under 1ct diamonds

E B

Ideal_Rock
Ali, could we *pretty please* make this thread a sticky?
9.gif
I rarely find it when I search for it and have to hope someone recently bumped it.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Lovely additions to this awesome thread!

catlwade

Rough_Rock
This is still my favorite thread on here - love it!

jenniann

Shiny_Rock
I was playing about with some signity star CZ''s in an attempt to determine what size my new upgrade should be and just realised I''ve never posted my ring - so here it is! It is a 0.64 E VS2 (GIA ex/ex/ex) but slightly on the deep side so faces up more like a 0.6 (5.5mm).

The CZ on the left is a 6.5mm - so equivalent of a 1.0ct, and the one on the right is a 6mm, so about 0.8ct. The picture is slightly misleading, I''d say there is more of a noticable size difference than it looks here as the e-ring stone is closer to the camera since it''s in the setting - but not by much.

Long live the under 1.0ct club!

Size sample 002v2.JPG

jenniann

Shiny_Rock
Forgot to add, ring size is a UK ''K'', so US 5 1/8 but my hands seems to change about 3 sizes during the day - this is first thing in the morining (the biggest) which is why there is a hint of sausage effect going on
20.gif

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
ooooooo....

jenniann, great pic for size comparison! i''m looking at diamonds precisely in that range! thanks!

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
everyone''s rings are so pretty! here''s my .7, when this pic was taken i was somewhere around a size 5.

fireyring.JPG

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Wow.. there are many awesome rings on this thread!!

Here is my sister''s engagement ring - 0.66 Aleya cut stone, Ring Size 7. It''s a E/VS1 (non-cert)

They met June 2006, hence they searched high and low for a 0.66 stone.

Below is from Aleya website:

"The total brilliance of a solitaire in the Brilliant Square Diamond (81 facets) combines the classic elegance of the emerald cut shape with the radiant brilliance of round diamond.... look bigger than the round diamond."

It does look bigger than a regular 0.66 round stone IRL although I didn''t do any actual measurement for a more accurate comparison.

Sis ring Close up 1.jpg

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
I read further from their website and it says "It is 20% to 25% bigger in comparison to round shape." I know it looks bigger but wasn''t thinking that it''s 20% bigger. Next time I see my sister, I will definitely bring her in to some shops and see if it''s true!

They are such sweet couple. She only knew that she wanted a square but not a princess and after searching awhile for a 0.66, they found this stone. I''m not even sure if they know that this is claimed to be 20% bigger than the normal round. Their proposal story is so cute. I hope to get her to post it in the proposal thread.

sis_ring Close up 2.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 8:22:16 PM
Author: GoodSoul

Here is my sister''s engagement ring - 0.66 Aleya cut stone, Ring Size 7. It''s a E/VS1 (non-cert)

''The total brilliance of a solitaire in the Brilliant Square Diamond (81 facets) combines the classic elegance of the emerald cut shape with the radiant brilliance of round diamond.... look bigger than the round diamond.''

It does look bigger than a regular 0.66 round stone IRL although I didn''t do any actual measurement for a more accurate comparison.
Wow, it''s beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Also, cute that they wanted to find a .66 ct. diamond. I just now noticed that my .71 ct. diamond is July 1st - the date we''d used as our dating anniversary! How funny - I never even thought of using the ct. weight to represent significance, but it just so happens to!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow good soul.... Your sister's ring is gorgeous!! Is the Aleya cut a specific facet pattern, or a branded cut? I've never heard of it before...

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DentD, the setting for your stone is so unique, I love it!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 11:24:38 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Date: 2/27/2009 8:22:16 PM

Author: GoodSoul

''The total brilliance of a solitaire in the Brilliant Square Diamond (81 facets) combines the classic elegance of the emerald cut shape with the radiant brilliance of round diamond.... look bigger than the round diamond.''

Wow, it''s beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Also, cute that they wanted to find a .66 ct. diamond. I just now noticed that my .71 ct. diamond is July 1st - the date we''d used as our dating anniversary! How funny - I never even thought of using the ct. weight to represent significance, but it just so happens to!

Thanks! I am not fond if it initially has it has a big table but it definitely grew on me after a couple of days.

I know what you mean. After I told my sister''s story to my FI, he reference back to our stone which is a 1.3 ct as we met on the 13th and his birth is on the 13th. Due to all these coincidences, we wanted to go City Hall on 13th this month but it falls on Friday! Too bad.

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 12:59:18 PM
Author: Tuckins1
Wow good soul.... Your sister''s ring is gorgeous!! Is the Aleya cut a specific facet pattern, or a branded cut? I''ve never heard of it before...

Thanks!

I''ve never heard of Aleya before too. I''m not sure about it too. I just know that it''s an Indian company that cuts it and it comes in square and rectangular shape. Never heard of it till I googled it before my posting.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
It''s in another thread, but definitely fits here, too.

.58 I-VS2

jet2ksringfloat.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine''s actually JUST shy of a ct, (I say it''s 1ct because I feel silly saying .98, lol)

Here''s some pics of the Ering and the diamond band (2.5mm stones)

Ringandsharedbandmix3.jpg

ru4rn

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! What size is your ring finger and what is the width of the solitaire band? I''m looking at a stone around that size. Thanks!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 11:06:28 PM
Author: ru4rn
Gorgeous! What size is your ring finger and what is the width of the solitaire band? I''m looking at a stone around that size. Thanks!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
you cant beat that classic, adrienne. :)

lovely!

adrienneg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 2:36:58 PM
Author: whitby_2773

you cant beat that classic, adrienne. :)

lovely!
Thanks Whitby! I love my new ring, I can''t stop staring at it!

eyue

Rough_Rock
*bump. I love this thread! Please keep it going.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 3:24:27 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
And a hand pic!

original.aspx
I love this setting with your plain wedding band, what a fantastic look!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
laurenthepartier -

i totally love this ring - it just looks so beautifully made.

love it!

ATM

Rough_Rock
great pictures everyone.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Took some more pics of my just under 1 ct E-ring with some flowers :)

flowerring2.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
My mom was here and I was cleaning her rings and mine, so I took a little photo shoot of all of our "under 1" diamonds together.

Pictured: my .25 OEC, my .10 birthstone ring, my .25 wedding band, my .62 EC, and my mom''s ~.5 RB

elmortunder1stack1.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
And I really had fun with this shot:

elmortunder1stack2.jpg

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
elmorton, I haven''t been here very long, but I seriously love your ering. Not sure why, but yours always speaks to me.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Awww, thank you!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results