shape
carat
color
clarity

under $1000 diamond rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
The subject says it all. I have champagne taste and a beer budget so if all of you could show me some beautiful diamond solitaires for under $1000 (preferably Canadian) that would be great!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2008 10:47:45 AM
Author:oddoneout
The subject says it all. I have champagne taste and a beer budget so if all of you could show me some beautiful diamond solitaires for under $1000 (preferably Canadian) that would be great!

Heheh. I like that. Sounds about like me and FI!

What type of Ering (3 stone, solitaire)? Stone shape? Setting style? Metal Color?

ETA: I see you said solitaire in your original post. Sorry!

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
I don't know how you feel about antiquey rings, but I saw this ring this morning after planet_jp posted a link of another ring under Colored Stones. I went browsing around and thought this ring was so sweet!

I don't know anything about this company, but they have quite of selection of estate rings.

This one is $1550, a little more than what you're looking for.

http://www.newyorkestatejewelry.com/item.cfm?int_item_id=3251&category_id=3
#

vslover

Shiny_Rock
http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?__fun_frm=i&track=btntext_viewselect&elem=img&pid=LD01248462&filter_id=0

what about a diamond like that in a simple 18K gold setting ($300)...

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2008 11:34:36 AM
Author: tulip928
35.gif
I don''t know how you feel about antiquey rings, but I saw this ring this morning after planet_jp posted a link of another ring under Colored Stones. I went browsing around and thought this ring was so sweet!

I don''t know anything about this company, but they have quite of selection of estate rings.

This one is $1550, a little more than what you''re looking for.

http://www.newyorkestatejewelry.com/item.cfm?int_item_id=3251&category_id=3
#
I wanted to add - I bought a setting similar to this from The Natural Sapphire Company and had a purple sapphire set in it.
30.gif
This setting looks a lot daintier in real life than it does blown up in a photo! I''m so tempted to pick up this one, but I don''t really have the bucks - I splurged on Whiteflash studs!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think you can purchase a mounting from the sapphire company can you? It seems the mounts I looked at said "the exact cost for the mount, can only be calculated when you purchase a sapphire to go with it". Maybe I''m wrong?

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
I bought my sapphire from The Natural Sapphire Company and had them set it into the setting. Same with the pink one in my avatar.
1.gif

ChattyCat

Rough_Rock
You could get a beautiful yellow sapphire for well under $1000 and have it put in a simple solitaire mounting. If you got a pale-ish sapphire, it would resemble a yellow diamond. Most people probably wouldn''t know the difference.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2008 2:22:02 PM
Author: ChattyCat
You could get a beautiful yellow sapphire for well under $1000 and have it put in a simple solitaire mounting. If you got a pale-ish sapphire, it would resemble a yellow diamond. Most people probably wouldn''t know the difference.
You could also consider a white sapphire if you''re willing to go that route. Someone recently got a beautiful white sapphire engagement ring. Here''s the link: link

ejsarkar

Shiny_Rock
Overstock has some gorgeous Tacori plat/diamond settings for under $1000 and maybe you could get the center stone later? (they come with CZ centers)

The site says this:
The Tacori settings you find on Overstock.com are generally ''sample size'' rings that were designed as display rings, and thus, cannot be customized or changed. They are sold ''as is''. Please know that there is nothing different with the rings sold, they are all authentic Tacori rings. All of our Tacori rings were specially handcrafted at their California headquarters to match exact size, design, and diamond specifications. Have fun selecting your perfect Tacori piece.

ejsarkar

Shiny_Rock
$789 for Tacori dia/plat setting (center is cz) !

tacoriover.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before I suggest that you consider what we did (because we didn''t have much money to invest when we got engaged either), I went to the Blue Nile website and searched for stones as VSLover suggested. They have one GIA certified .43 point H VS2 stone that is graded "very good" for cut, "excellent" polish and "good" symmetry for $751.- , and as some ladies have said, you can get an 18K gold mounting from them for $300.- The grand total is $1,051.00 and you''d have a lovely sparkling diamond on your finger to enjoy for years. Someday when you''re better situated financially, you can upgrade your whole ring and use this stone as an diamond stud. You''d just have to buy a matching stone to make a pair of great earrings.

-or-

What we did was buy the 14K gold mounting that my husband liked with G/H color VS2/SI1 diamonds and had a carat and a half round CZ set in the center. We also bought the two wedding bands with the same quality diamonds you can see in my avatar (total for the three rings was $2,000.-) so I''d have a complete set to wear for a few years. A year and a half after we got married, I bought my 1.51 ct GIA certed pear myself and had the head changed.

Either one is a viable option. No matter how much any of us has to spend for anything we create, it''s still life on a budget and we do the most we can do with what we''ve got
2.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
The suggestions on this page are great! Here are a few more budget friendly ideas to get you where you want to be....

1. Consider looking at "private sellers"...websites out there such as Craigslist.org often feature people attempting to sell engagement rings for various reasons. Often times you can find a great deal on a great ring...it will take a good ammount of looking, but you never know what you might find there. But, it''s also important to remember, these people may not always be the most honest...so proceed with this option carefully, if you so choose.

2. Shop the mall. I know everyone is under the assumption that jewelry stores located in the mall are always way more marked up than internet sites and such. But, if you''re looking for a ring that doesn''t have to be certified, and you''re not looking for the IF 6.0ct, d color stone....and you''d be really happy with a nice ring that is backed up by a known store...then this is a great option for you. Rings at the mall go on big sales...watch the ads, bide your time...and strike when the ring you want is hot! Because, a real plus to mall shopping is, these stores stand firmly behind their pieces, accept trade ins, and often times give you a percentage upgrade in value each year

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Are you willing to do just under a 1/2 ct RB? There are some 4-star Whiteflash j & k (with mb fluor) ones out there is your price range... put it in a simple wg setting...

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
If you search hard you can find something for over 1/2 carat:

0.54 L SI2 1.0 HCA This stone scores a 1.0 on the HCA. (Their settings start at $300).

ejsarkar

Shiny_Rock
It''s not all diamond but this says champagne taste to me. From Topazery.com

rubydia7.jpg

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Wow thanks everyone for your help. It''s kind of funny because I usually like antique looking solitaires with details but I''ve realized I''d rather go for something more classic (something like a 6 prong tiffany style solitaire) so I would always like it (not change my mind because my tastes have changed) because it is a classic style. Thanks for all the advice/suggestions. I''ll keep checking back (I''m addicted to this website).

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
try signed pieces also. They have some gorgeous rings at a great discount also.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results