shape
carat
color
clarity

ULTRASONIC QUESTION..............

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pahoyafan

Rough_Rock
As some of you already know, i just purchased a 1.69 ACA from Whiteflash. Obviously, I want the stone to look it''s best at all times due to the cost and time I put into the process. My question is if I were to buy a ultrasonic, would I be OK with the $50 model on David Atlas''s site or would i have to spend over $200 to get something to be the best performer. Gem Oro Sparkle Spa is the ultrasonic on David''s site.
Would the $200 models be head above shoulders over the Gem Oro?? Thanks....

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I use far costlier units in the manufacturing shop I am affiliated with, but my wife uses a small ultrasonice like the Sparkle Spa and it has been super for years. Unless you are going to clean large quantities or use it for hours every day, these less costly units are right for the job.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2006 4:24:11 PM
Author:pahoyafan
As some of you already know, i just purchased a 1.69 ACA from Whiteflash. Obviously, I want the stone to look it''s best at all times due to the cost and time I put into the process. My question is if I were to buy a ultrasonic, would I be OK with the $50 model on David Atlas''s site or would i have to spend over $200 to get something to be the best performer. Gem Oro Sparkle Spa is the ultrasonic on David''s site.
Congrats on your purchase!! Gorgeous stone. You should read the thread in the shopping forum about UC''s. Tons of info there. Can''t go wrong with either.
2.gif

pahoyafan

Rough_Rock
Thank You for the quick reply Mr. Atlas! Your company should be hearing from me within the next 2 weeks, or I just might stop by and purchase it if I make a trip to King of Prussia next week (I live in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area).

Tool Guy

Rough_Rock
I think you would be fine with a small ultrasonic for cleaning just a few items. You can also get a Jewel Jet and clean your ring like the jewelers do in seconds....
26.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/13/2006 4:42:19 PM
Author: Tool Guy

I think you would be fine with a small ultrasonic for cleaning just a few items. You can also get a Jewel Jet and clean your ring like the jewelers do in seconds....
26.gif
Welcome to pricescope Tool Guy
35.gif

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
It sounds like you are now pretty set on the Atlas one but let me thow in my .02

You know I just got a ring from WF as well and after just a few days (with a lot of handling) it was starting not to spakle quite as much. After reading about them here on PS, we went yesterday and picked up an US from Sharper Image (the $99 model) and let me just say it is awesome. That ring came out just like I had gotten it from WF.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
here is a question........should you have both an ultrasonic, AND the Jewel jet??? or will just the Jewel Jet do the job?????
thanks!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I have both the Jewel Jet steamer and a Gemoro US and love them both. If I had to pick just one, I''d get the US though. I usually us the US first and them steam for a super-sparkly result. I''ve had a few brands of consumer-grade US over the years, but eventually they have just quit working or shaken themselves to death. I finally took my husband''s advice and got the Gemoro US recently, and boy what a difference it makes. Also, my husband has been using it on his glasses so he''s thrilled with it too.

Tool Guy

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/13/2006 4:49:31 PM
Author: Modified Brilliant

Date: 3/13/2006 4:42:19 PM
Author: Tool Guy

26.gif
Welcome to pricescope Tool Guy
35.gif

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com
Well thank you Metro
35.gif

Tool Guy

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/13/2006 5:55:45 PM
Author: jetmal
here is a question........should you have both an ultrasonic, AND the Jewel jet??? or will just the Jewel Jet do the job?????
thanks!

Hey jetmal, You could get by with either one. If you have the money the jewel jet is quicker. The ultrasonics are great also and you can spend less for the home models.
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results