shape
carat
color
clarity

Ultrasonic jewelry cleaner question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Do these remove tarnish on silver as well as cleaning gold/platinum/gems? I''m refering to the basic model on SI. Thanks so much!

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone? :) I''m so eager to purchase one of these!

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know; I think I read on the SI website that the deluxe model cleans silver. . . did you try doing a search under ultrasonic cleanser to see what came up in the archive?

I''m asking for one of these for christmas.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi peonygirl...

Your question inspired me to play with my SI ultrasonic cleaner...and the answer is no...

I first did a piece in the regular "recipe" I use for other jewelry, then I tried it again after making a solution of warm water and silver cream. That didn''t work either.

Unless there is some special solution I don''t know about, a little elbow grease is still required to remove tarnish...

widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You could try using that Tarnex solution in the UC, but that''s just a guess. So far there is no tried and true solution for your silver jewelry in the UC that I know of. Could be wrong.....

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
From the SI website, about the Deluxe Model:

"Expanded-feature Deluxe Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner & Tarnish Remover now has a second interchangeable and larger dipping tank for easily — and instantly — removing tarnish from silver, copper and gold.
Larger dipping tank has a spillproof lid so it can be safely stored with the tarnish-removing solution between uses.
An 8-oz. bottle of our exclusive Silver Dip Solution is included free, along with a multilayered treated cloth for touch-up polishing of your silver, platinum or gold. "

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results