shape
carat
color
clarity

ultrasonic for retainers????

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I love PS and especially because where else on earth could I ask a super weird question like this and have people "understand"? Only PS!!

So here is my question:

I am getting Invisalign for my teeth to do a bit of cosmetic straightening. I read that the clear trays you wear on your teeth need to be kept super clean. Some users recommend Sonic cleaning machines. So my question is, since I have an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner, has anyone used their ultrasonic jewelry cleaner to clean things like retainers or Invisalign trays?

I know it's an out-there question but maybe someone has tried this? Thanks so much!! =)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE this question! It is a brilliant idea and I hope it works. Unfortunately, I have no idea, but I'm certainly impressed by your ingenuity! :appl:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use my jewel jet to disinfect my toothbrush. Why not?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I used denture cleaner to clean my Invisalign! Just plop the tablets in water and drop in the retainers. They'd be sparkling clean.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I'm 8 months into Invisalign. I've had great results as far as straightening! At first I just used denture cleaner for mine. I noticed that sometimes by the end of the two weeks they were just a little brown and my morning breath was particularly gross. I actually bought a jewelry cleaner to use on them, and I use it for 6-9 minutes daily in tepid (never warm and certainly not hot! the aligners will warp!) water and sometimes a denture cleaner tablet and my aligners are sparkling now. If you hold up a two week old set and a brand new one, you can't tell which is which anymore and my morning breath is drastically improved.

I have this one: http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-CD-2800-Ultrasonic-Jewelry-Cleaner/dp/B001DKDAVW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1366997771&sr=8-3&keywords=ultrasonic+cleaner

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yay! I'm happy to hear that it works.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Awesome, thank you for the info. I'll be getting the Invisalign in June, just had the impressions done last week. =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results