shape
carat
color
clarity

Ultrasonic Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nicstn

Shiny_Rock
I bought a Branson 200 ultrasonic. I used it last night and man does it clean!! My ring can out sparkling like new blows away manual cleaning so much easier. Now I have beed reading alot about these cleaners good and bad things before i bought it. But no where could i find a def answer to my question. How often can you clean your ring in it w/out it beening abused? The home ones like the one I bought are not as strong as the industrial ones it ues 40 kHz to clean and has a plastic basket so it won''t scratch the ring. Is once every 2 weeks too much. It just does such a great job that I want to use it but not abuse the amount of usage. Please Help.

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
You can clean it as many times as your heart desires!

Others have published on this forum about these types of cleaners, that they do a good job, but a few have been concerned about the stone becoming loose due to the ultrasound. I do not know if this is true, perhaps others with more knowledge than me and experience can chime in. Enjoy your sparkle.

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi,

The answer depends on the ring.

Can you post a pic?

nicstn

Shiny_Rock
Thanks that was my only concern about it loosen the stone. I find it hard to believe it can. because when you put your finger in the tank slightly it feels like little explosions I would think everyday wear and tear would be more abusive then exploding bubbles. But what do I know. My ring is set in 18k w/ v prongs and they are set in tight against the stone and is insured. So once a week or once every other week should be more then fine. Is there a such thing as over cleaning then?

nicstn

Shiny_Rock
here is a pic of the ring it has baguets and princess set stones.

PC pic rings.jpg

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi again,

If the prongs on the center are platinum they are more likely to stay snug on the diamond, if they are WG they are more easily vibrated loose from the ultrasonic.

A firm tapping of the ring nearby your ear is a good test to cheack for a loose center stone.

The side princess cuts appear that they may be an invisible set cluster.

If so, and if they move or start to move (loosen) the ultrasonic will exacerbate the situation.

Think of the ultrasonic as tiny violent vibrations which can and will loosen up tight stones (especially squares) and knock loose stones out (especially pave or bead set).

Use it , but don't overuse it.

Don't leave it in for extended periods.

On a relatively clean ring , all you need is a quick dunk in the cleaner.

Sparkle on,

Brian

nicstn

Shiny_Rock
My side stones are a invisible set cluster of four. So I should use caution w/ my setting being the way it is. So using it every two weeks should be ok? Between I will just dipp it in the cleaning soltion and rinse.I will make sure to check my setting when it comes out of the ultrasonic for any weakness. luckly my jewler is down the road from me so maybe I will have him check my ring every 6 months instead of yearly since I will be using the ultrasonic just to be safe. Thanks

nicstn

Shiny_Rock
I think they are invisible set they are 4 small princess cut diamonds up against each other if I turn my ring upside down each one of them have there own hole like a cross w/ one in each space. I'm not a expert so I don't really know. Maybe they are channel set. Take a close look at the pics and u will see what i mean. I'm starting to get scared now should I even use the ultrasonic. I would hate not too because it does a wonderful job how often is too often to use w/ my setting? Help!

nicstn

Shiny_Rock
O.K. so since they are invisible set it is not a good idea to use it at all? Or just use it only for 2 min once month. Boy i never thought cleaning my ring would be so confusing. i need opinions should i return it ?

nicstn

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Feydakin for all your help this forum is great! I will be extra careful and only use it once my ring needs a really good cleaning maybe once a month or special occasions. I will do the check too, w/ a toothpick. I did check it last night and everything is in there nice a tight. I'm glad u like the setting my fiance had it special ordered so it would be special and different. Just wish it was platium for durablity reasons. The setting fits me perfect especially since i have long skinny fingers and love to be different lol.

number2

Rough_Rock
I just got my Sharper Image ultrasonic today (got it refurbished fom Sharper Image''s ebay store)...

I always figuredthat ultrasonics would be pretty silent, but this thing made some funky noises....like buzzing and clickings...is this normal?

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m thinking about ordering the SI one. How long did it take to come after you ordered it? Would you guys recomend ordering the new version, or is the refurbished version okay too?

number2

Rough_Rock
My refurbished ebay SI came in 4 days...real quick...

I am trying to find out if the noises are normal or if this is a defective...but SI has a great return policy. If this refurb is broke I can just bring it to the store and get a brand new one...

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We offe Gem-Oro Sparkle Spa ultrasonic cleaners for $47 plus shipping. New, not refurbished. I have several in stock. They work very well and we have had little problems with those that have been already delivered. There are a couple others here who also have ultrasoniocs for sale on their websites. I think RockDoc and Wink may offer some, too.

number2

Rough_Rock
What about the noise???? Are ultrasonic supposed to be loud and make obnoxious noises?

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m pretty sure the noise is normal from what I''ve heard.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
An ultrasonic buzzes softly. Sometimes if two rings are left inside at one time, they will vibrate on eachother and make slightly metallic, louder noises. You don''t want them to do this, so move them apart. Stones that touch other stones can also vibrate and rub eachother. This is not desirable.
Otherwise, little noise is expected.

Kojack

Rough_Rock
I have heard that the US does make some noise, I''m sure nothing to be worried about. I purchased the Jewel Jet for my lady as a Christmas gift. I''ll let you know how she likes it.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Yes, number2, my Sharper Image does make some noise...kind of a clicking sound that goes off and on as it cleans.

THIS thread has more information about ultrasonic cleaners that you will probably ever want to know.
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2005 2:17:46 PM
Author: number2
I just got my Sharper Image ultrasonic today (got it refurbished fom Sharper Image''s ebay store)...

I always figuredthat ultrasonics would be pretty silent, but this thing made some funky noises....like buzzing and clickings...is this normal?

Totally normal. Mine sounds like my gas range starter (that clicking sound)

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2005 3:48:08 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 12/15/2005 2:17:46 PM
Author: number2

Totally normal. Mine sounds like my gas range starter (that clicking sound)
Exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results