shape
carat
color
clarity

Ulcers or sour tummy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Hi peeps!

Does anyone have ulcers or acid reflux? How do you deal with it? Any thing you avoid eating or drinking? For the past few days my stomach is burning and I have a sour taste in my mouth, is this acid-reflux? Any advice on what to eat and what not to eat? I have a dr. appointment tomorrow, but just curious if you have anys words of wisdom~

face14.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am having a procedure done, on May 5th for the same thing. In the meantime, avoid all acid. Oranges, orange juice, tomatoes, hot dogs, tomato sauce, etc. I have been eating, oatmeal, cream of wheat. yes I know, ick, just sticking to a bland diet for now. I am on meds that are known to cause ulcers, so we think that is causing my problem.

Let us know.

Linda

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had an ulcer ages ago. I had a test, endoscopy and there is was. I ate bland foods, nothing that was acidic, and no alcohol. I also took medicine for it. I think it healed within 3 months. Good luck, they are no fun. I don't know much about acid reflux, just see all the commercials on TV of all the medicines for it.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Yuck, that sounds horrible Ivana! Avoid highly acidic foods- citrus''s, spicy foods, even tomato-based stuff. Also avoid alcohol. You can take something like Pepcid AC (over the counter) to decrease the acid production in the meantime before you see the doctor. Hope you feel better!

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
my dad just battled with this... no coffee, soda, alcohol or orange juice. he had to eat really bland stuff.

Mr Majestyk

Rough_Rock
I wouldn''t like such a diet. I like Indian curries, hot Mexican food, and all kinds of peppers.

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Took me 4 weeks to get rid of mine many moons ago. I would also suggest avoiding Milk which has Lactic Acid & may upset you as well. Basically, I lived on bland crackers & tap water along with some meds for a month. I now watch my diet because once you''ve had it you''ll never want to get it again. Take care.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot about dairy products, best to avoid them as well. Good luck at the doctors!!! Let us know how it goes!!
1.gif
Lisa

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Guys! Oh man, everything you listed are all my favorite things, no dairy, no coffee, no spicy food, no alcohol, no nuttin????
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
What''s left??? But I know you are all right, thanks again!

smoochies!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Ivana, I have acide reflux, and it''s a burning in your chest, and it also has the acid from your stomach reflux back up into your throat and esophagus. I don''t know about how it affects other people, but it makes me cough and choke, and then I get a raspy voice. Mine is usually more active in the am, and when I have something sweet, like a hot chocolate. I was told that dairy makes it better, something to do with the calcium in milk, I believe. I don''t remember. It is NOT pleasant, I can tell you that much! Good wishes to you!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
ivanadiamond,
How did it go at the doctors??

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
hi Kaleigh!

Thanks for asking, I feel a lot better, acid reflux it was, but the meds are working and I am feeling back to normal~

emangel.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you are feeling better!!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results