shape
carat
color
clarity

UK Jewellers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
UK PSers,

Can you please share your recommendations for jewellers, particularly those who will set stones for you?

Would be great if we could have a list of reliable vendors.

Pandora, I would kill to know who sets your stones for £20!!

I just got a quote for a yellow gold plain ring setting of £150 minimum!

Thanks in advance guys!!

1.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not 100% sure but I think it was me who said I get my stones set for around £20 (apologies to Pandora if she said the same thing). I get mine done at a local jewellers. He''s a pain actually and needs to be nagged to do things quickly so I wouldn''t necessarily recommend him AND he''s in Manchester and as he''s a strange man, I wouldn''t recommend sending anything to him by post.

However, there are 2 jewellers in Birmingham, one called Outwork and the other is next door called Regency. I think they are sister companies actually. They do most things by post and you can call them for a quote. They are very reasonable. I know they do re-sizing, stone setting, stone matching where possible for missing stones but they don''t do custom designs or anything like that.

Hope that helps.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the invaluable info LovingDiamond!

I too am looking for good UK jewellers who could set stones at reasonable prices...
I would also love to know good bench jewellers based in London...
5.gif

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
LovingDiamonds- Who is it in Manchester and where are they based?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/22/2009 9:56:33 AM
Author: SapphireLover
LovingDiamonds- Who is it in Manchester and where are they based?
Sorry SapphireLover but as I said, I wouldn't recommend him as he can be very difficult to work with.

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
ooh yes, london based ones please!

ta for info lovingdiamonds, i think it was you with the £20 settings, not pandora.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results