shape
carat
color
clarity

UK Company...Anyone familiar?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

roverchic

Rough_Rock
Trade
I am seriously considering ordering a custom sofa from a family upholstery business based out of the UK, however, there are no showrooms in the US and I have no way of seeing / comfort testing the pieces without flying over myself (which will be impossible due to my work schedule over the next 3-4 months).

Has anyone ordered from them before?

Anyone in the UK (with a keen eye and exqusite taste) up for a shopping and comfort testing excursion? Pretty please?
9.gif

FYI...I am considering the Tailored Philip Stanhope, exactly as pictured.

https://www.chesterfields1780.com/

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
They''re very famous as a company.

That kind of sofa - in brown leather with the buttons is commonly referred to as a Chesterfield.

It''s the kind of piece that should last a lifetime and beyond.

roverchic

Rough_Rock
Trade
Yes...I have a pair in my home...just not from this particular company.

Depending on the fill and certain design elements this particular style of sofa can be a bit...firm...and in this particular case I am not looking for a traditional Chesterfield...something a little more modern with design elements that mesh with my home''s current decor...

I have spoken to the owners of the company a few times, but am a little concerned when it comes to spending approx 7k (plus shipping to the US) for a sofa...actually, I want a matching pair to go in my den...I want an opinion on comfort of the particular piece I will have commissioned...from someone other than the people who make them :)

Also, if anyone has worked with this company before...what was your experience?

Thanks a bunch!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Chesterfields are amazing.

I do not currently own one but my family has a suite which was bought before I was born and is still perfect.

I plan to furnish our new home in them, once it is built of course!
28.gif

I think they really are affordable when you consider the longevity they afford.

It does not matter which one you choose; it will be comfortable and last forever.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/11/2009 8:42:32 AM
Author: Pandora II
They''re very famous as a company.

That kind of sofa - in brown leather with the buttons is commonly referred to as a Chesterfield.

It''s the kind of piece that should last a lifetime and beyond.
Ditto, well worth investing in a piece IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results