clarity

Two, yes count em, TWO new Amerigun shootings yesterday

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's a typical weekend for Chicago which is spilling over in my area as three Chicago gangs are fighting over the area drug trade. Chicago has some of the toughest gun laws as does IL and the gangs still have a ton of guns.
With home invasions way up with covid and the gang wars in the area and the cops useless a lot of people are hating those gun laws due to the delay in being able to having the means to legally protect oneself.

Saints91

Rough_Rock
Just to play devil's advocate here. I live in Toronto, ON, it has a slightly higher population than Chicago. In 2019 we had 495 counts of gun violence, Chicago had 2,600. Chicago jumped up to 4,033 in 2020, and Toronto had 462 in 2020 and 409 in 2021. We still think our numbers are incredibly high, and a problem.

In Canada we do not have the right to bear arms. We require licences for hunting riffles, assault riffles are illegal. We just don't have the same gun culture. It's bizarre from the outside looking in, that the US can have so many mass shootings, yet there is so little action. I realize that it's part of your constitutional right, but the world has drastically changed since the day it was written.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's bizarre from the outside looking in, that the US can have so many mass shootings
The definition of what the press calls a mass shooting/casualty keeps changing to push their unarmed victims for thugs agenda.
By the most recent definition my city had a mass casualty sidewalk heave this winter with 6 people ending up tripping/falling bad enough to seek medical treatment.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
SNIP
"Over the span of a few hours Thursday, two women were shot and killed outside a church in Ames, Iowa, just hours after police said two people were shot at a cemeterysouth of Milwaukee, Wis."

Oh well, that's the new American normal.
Summer's just getting started. Sun's out, guns out.
That's a typical weekend for Chicago which is spilling over in my area as three Chicago gangs are fighting over the area drug trade. Chicago has some of the toughest gun laws as does IL and the gangs still have a ton of guns.
With home invasions way up with covid and the gang wars in the area and the cops useless a lot of people are hating those gun laws due to the delay in being able to having the means to legally protect oneself.
When the neighboring states have lax gun laws that's what you get. Hmm, looks like national gun restriction and regulation with strict enforcement would do much to alleviate that. You know, like the Constitution actually calls for and all other civilized countries already have.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
SNIP
"Over the span of a few hours Thursday, two women were shot and killed outside a church in Ames, Iowa, just hours after police said two people were shot at a cemeterysouth of Milwaukee, Wis."

So 3 shootings this week! after the Uvalde incident, because in the article it states:

The Thursday shootings came one day after a gunman killed his surgeon and three other people at a Tulsa medical office

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results