shape
carat
color
clarity

Two new pears!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Very nice, TL - gorgeous colors! You seem to have the best luck with stones. Actually, I know it''s not luck at all - you have a good eye, ask lots of questions, and follow up with a cert (if warranted). Nicely done!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''re gorgeous!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
It''s so pretty TL! You have so many cool colored stone rings. Do you wear a different ring everyday on the right hand? Which are your favorites?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Baby Nurse - Thanks you!

Cind11-I love lighter toned stones, and this sapphire did it for me!! Thank you

Missy-Thank you so much!! I love the colors as well.

Amguy-Thank you my friend!

Vigor-I think the antique style setting would be perfect for your spinel, you lucky duck you!!
2.gif

PR-I assure you that the sapphire is not demonic, at least it didn't do anything evil - yet!!
2.gif
11.gif
Thank you!!

Haagen_Daz-Thank you, I would love to do a bypass ring in 18K YG with these two stones.

Flygirl-Thank you. I'm just not a pendant gal, but the idea sounds lovely.

Maevie-Thank you!

Pink Tower-Thank you!

SleepySpinel-Thank you. I'm looking forward to seeing your blue sapphires. This is my first blue sapphire, can you believe it??!!

Chrono-
23.gif
I'm shocked knowing how fussy you are about blues, but thank you for the kind words!
1.gif

Ma Ra,Catmom,Kismet,Stepcutnut,brandyz, ZoeBartlett-Thank you!

Cellentani-Thank you for the lovely compliment. I do agree that no matter what you're looking for, it's really important to ask the right questions.

Innerkitten-I wear my green diamond most of the time. I have a few favs like my pear spess and my 2.8 carat Tanzanian blue/violet spinel. Thank you!

Here's a pic in very drab rainy weather. That feather across the top of the stone is fuzz from the gem box.

TLsapphirepear.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sun peaked out a little bit today. This is inside a gem box.

TLtwopearssun.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On my hand in the evening sun.

TLtwopearshandsun.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 6:58:52 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Baby Nurse - Thanks you!

Cind11-I love lighter toned stones, and this sapphire did it for me!! Thank you

Missy-Thank you so much!! I love the colors as well.

Amguy-Thank you my friend!

Vigor-I think the antique style setting would be perfect for your spinel, you lucky duck you!!
2.gif

PR-I assure you that the sapphire is not demonic, at least it didn't do anything evil - yet!!
2.gif
11.gif
Thank you!!

Haagen_Daz-Thank you, I would love to do a bypass ring in 18K YG with these two stones.

Flygirl-Thank you. I'm just not a pendant gal, but the idea sounds lovely.

Maevie-Thank you!

Pink Tower-Thank you!

SleepySpinel-Thank you. I'm looking forward to seeing your blue sapphires. This is my first blue sapphire, can you believe it??!!

Chrono-
23.gif
I'm shocked knowing how fussy you are about blues, but thank you for the kind words!
1.gif

Ma Ra,Catmom,Kismet,Stepcutnut,brandyz, ZoeBartlett-Thank you!

Cellentani-Thank you for the lovely compliment. I do agree that no matter what you're looking for, it's really important to ask the right questions.

Innerkitten-I wear my green diamond most of the time. I have a few favs like my pear spess and my 2.8 carat Tanzanian blue/violet spinel. Thank you!

Here's a pic in very drab rainy weather. That feather across the top of the stone is fuzz from the gem box.
LOL! Woudn't it be cool if it had supernatural powers? Like it had the ability to control people's thoughts and behavior? And when you wear it, it shifts colors according to your mood. Buwaahaaa!
11.gif

ETA: I'm not into the color blue, but if I was ever to get a blue sapphire, I'd want it to look like that. It's gorgeous!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks PR, you're too kind. And last since I looked, the stone had no supernatural powers. LOL!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/5/2010 5:43:01 PM
Author: Cind11
I love the sapphire. I would like to get a lighter toned sapphire one of these days. The spinel is pretty too and I can totally enviison the bypass ring.
Me 2 (I like the Blue!) Pear-shape bypass ring is COOL! But not too sure if its of such complete different color stone and size?

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
I particularly like the pic of the sapphire on your hand, the stone is a beautiful blue. I wish my first (and only) sapphire looked this good.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Chictomato and Klewis.

I don't want to start a new thread on these, so I thought I'd include them here, but I also won two other stones from Tan, both very inexpensive.

I'm not a fan of yellow stones, but this one had a green secondary, and I don't own a chrysoberyl, so I thought I'd try a cheap one out from Tan. I also won this really cool spinel. It's sleepy, but it's fascinating because it has a blue sheen, like a moonstone, that travels around the stone as you tilt it. The chrysoberyl literally glows in the sun, it's so bright.

The chyrsoberyl is 1.1 cts and the spinel around 1.15 carats. Direct sunlight. The chrysoberyl has no brown in it. It is brighter and more yellow than the photo. The photo really brings out more of the green.

TLspinelchyrsoberyl.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The vendor video stills. The chrysoberyl is picking up some camera shadow in that video still.

TLspinelchrysvendor.JPG

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/9/2010 12:48:49 PM
Thanks Chictomato and Klewis.

I don''t want to start a new thread on these, so I thought I''d include them here, but I also won two other stones from Tan, both very inexpensive.

I''m not a fan of yellow stones, but this one had a green secondary, and I don''t own a chrysoberyl, so I thought I''d try a cheap one out from Tan. I also won this really cool spinel. It''s sleepy, but it''s fascinating because it has a blue sheen, like a moonstone, that travels around the stone as you tilt it. The chrysoberyl literally glows in the sun, it''s so bright.

The chyrsoberyl is 1.1 cts and the spinel around 1.15 carats. Direct sunlight. The chrysoberyl has no brown in it. It is brighter and more yellow than the photo. The photo really brings out more of the green.
Love your new stones TL! I''m on a gemstone buying freeze and living vicariously through you!!
30.gif
I love them both! The colors are very nice.
36.gif

The Tanzanian red/orange pear spinel that I got from MC shows a blue sheen on it as well, very cool effect! I wonder what causes that? Any insight?

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
TL, I love those pears! And that spinel is cool, wow, wish I could see it in person!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
that last pic of the blue and pink is excellent...such a cool contrast..well done!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Wait, hold on, are you telling me that your gorgeous 3 carat chryso from Tan is a color shifter too???
23.gif

I love the beautiful yellow shade, and so amazed at the pink color shift. Well done, and I can''t wait to see this set!
36.gif

*off to see if Tan has any more chrysos*

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/9/2010 2:30:15 PM
Author: brandy_z28

Love your new stones TL! I''m on a gemstone buying freeze and living vicariously through you!!
30.gif
I love them both! The colors are very nice.
36.gif

The Tanzanian red/orange pear spinel that I got from MC shows a blue sheen on it as well, very cool effect! I wonder what causes that? Any insight?
Brandy,
Oh no!! That means I''m spending too much money, but I have to say Tan has some great deals on some nice gems. I have no idea what causes the blue sheen, sorry, but thank you once again for the kind words.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/9/2010 2:41:25 PM
Author: mariedtiger
TL, I love those pears! And that spinel is cool, wow, wish I could see it in person!
Thanks MT. Which spinel, the blue sheen one?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/9/2010 4:02:33 PM
Author: amethystguy
that last pic of the blue and pink is excellent...such a cool contrast..well done!
Thanks Amguy, yes, I like the yin yang of it so to speak/
2.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/9/2010 6:43:43 PM
Author: platinumrock
Wait, hold on, are you telling me that your gorgeous 3 carat chryso from Tan is a color shifter too???
23.gif

I love the beautiful yellow shade, and so amazed at the pink color shift. Well done, and I can't wait to see this set!
36.gif

*off to see if Tan has any more chrysos*
PR,
That's not the 3 carat chryso, shhhhh!!! I'm keeping that one under wraps for now.
2.gif
That was a tester stone to see if his chrysoberyls are decent. I have to say, it has no grey or brown, although I do see some brown in the photo, it's not there at all IRL. It has a slight green secondary, but that's it, and it's very very bright and sparkles like crazy, even with a lousy native cut. Thank you for the kind words once again. You are so sweet.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/9/2010 8:19:22 PM
PR,
That''s not the 3 carat chryso, shhhhh!!! I''m keeping that one under wraps for now.
2.gif
That was a tester stone to see if his chrysoberyls are decent. I have to say, it has no grey or brown, although I do see some brown in the photo, it''s not there at all IRL. It has a slight green secondary, but that''s it, and it''s very very bright and sparkles like crazy, even with a lousy native cut. Thank you for the kind words once again. You are so sweet.
What''s this 3 ct chrysoberyl thing going on here???
27.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2010 8:37:09 PM
Author: Chrono

Date: 4/9/2010 8:19:22 PM
PR,
That''s not the 3 carat chryso, shhhhh!!! I''m keeping that one under wraps for now.
2.gif
That was a tester stone to see if his chrysoberyls are decent. I have to say, it has no grey or brown, although I do see some brown in the photo, it''s not there at all IRL. It has a slight green secondary, but that''s it, and it''s very very bright and sparkles like crazy, even with a lousy native cut. Thank you for the kind words once again. You are so sweet.
What''s this 3 ct chrysoberyl thing going on here???
27.gif
9.gif
11.gif
9.gif

It was supposed to be a surprise.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugm...so it''s not a spinel, it is JUST a sapphire? TL, it is a beautiful stone, and I always thought that sapphires are...if not kings, at least knights of gemstones! Beautiful. I knew you had something in your sleeve once you had mentioned working with Tan on finding you a sapphire. Here it is, a real beauty.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/9/2010 8:16:11 PM
Date: 4/9/2010 2:41:25 PM

Author: mariedtiger

Thanks MT. Which spinel, the blue sheen one?

Yup, love the pink pear, and that blue sheen one is cool!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi TL,
A quick question about the AIGS report you got on your pear sapphire-- how much do those brief ones cost and do they detect any treatment or just heat?
Thank you!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/10/2010 3:27:53 PM
Author: baby nurse
Hi TL,

A quick question about the AIGS report you got on your pear sapphire-- how much do those brief ones cost and do they detect any treatment or just heat?

Thank you!
Thank you Crasru, MT!!

BabyNurse,
Tan charges $25 for the AIGS gem brief, and here are the treatments it discloses. There's quite a bit, as it is a very sophisticated gemological lab. I also like that you can check the authenticity of the brief online, and it has a hologram to avoid forgery, and a photo of the stone. It's a small price to pay for all of that.

http://www.aigslaboratory.com/AIGSPage.aspx?mID=3&sID=66&type=NewDisclosureCommentsforHeatProcess

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks very much, TL.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results