shape
carat
color
clarity

Two Down, One To Go!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad your SIL loved it, who wouldn''t. I''ll bring Portia a nice blingyl ACA for her doggie tag!!!
3.gif
Or make that an ES, better for my wallet, LOL!!!
31.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Mara--Can you describe the lemongrass color? I''m looking for something that is sort of like chartreuse only not so bright. I need a good blend of green & yellow.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ID can you see the pictures I posted on page 1 here? .. If so, that picture of the quilt on the bed is actually a good representation of the lemongrass. It''s like a sage but with a touch of lemon to it. It''s really not very lemony green at all which is good because I didn''t want too wild of a color...I don''t know that it''s a chartreuse that much though. I always tend to think of chartreuse as more of a really bright yellow green....but maybe that''s the wrong way to describe it? this is more of a muted color and it works great in the already-yellow room. hope this helps somewhat?!?!?!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Mara--Thanks for your input. I did see your pictures, but wasn''t sure if the color was represented well. I''m actually considering painting my bedroom in a teal wash....like tiffany blue only with a darker teal glaze over it so it is subtly textured. I was looking for accent colors and thought your lemongrass might work.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow ID that will sure be colorful! I am a total color wuss, this guest bedroom is about as creative with color as I have gotten in the house so far...I''m always afraid to overdo it!

i actually love blues mixed with grays and whites for a very cool, relaxing look...but i truly do love this warm yellow and green room, it''s the most ''cozy'' feeling room in the house and we are NEVER in there!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I normally like the cool tones together too, but I live in a climate where it is cold 1/2 the year so my biggest concern with doing the tiffany blue color is making my northern facing room seem even colder in the winter....

My other possibility is a medium lavendar color with cream/brown accents. Much more neutral and warmer looking, but for some reason I'm drawn to the blue-green color......

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
wow Mara, I am very impressed with the outcome of your efforts.
I bet SIL felt quite pampered by your efforts.
You got a little Martha Stewart in ya!
seriously you did great

and btw I just loooooove your new avar.........

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks DG...i just love how the room came out. it totally looks like a magazine, i can't believe i actually did all of that myself!!!! and the wall color, just divine. highly recommended in a sunny/brightish room.

i think that my sis in law did love it, she is already planning her next visit for september...haha! i also put out all sorts of guest amenities in the bathroom for her to use, specialty soaps and lotions and stuff in a little basket and jar...hahaa. i just love stuff like that...it's so fun to play martha stewart sometimes!

the last room to be painted is the office and maybe i should have done it this weekend but i am totally procrastinating now. at least 2 of the rooms are done, just the office is left!!! i am still struggling with how dark i want the room to be...i'm thinking maybe i should go with a little lighter gray green than i had first planned.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Great looking room! The color scheme is so warm and inviting. That''d easily make me fall asleep. It''s very calming and soothing. Wanna do my room?
20.gif
3.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/28/2006 3:55:06 PM
Author: Mara
the last room to be painted is the office and maybe i should have done it this weekend but i am totally procrastinating now. at least 2 of the rooms are done, just the office is left!!! i am still struggling with how dark i want the room to be...i''m thinking maybe i should go with a little lighter gray green than i had first planned.
I can relate.... I only caught a few of your threeads about color for the walls - but I recognized all the names from my own decorating pursuits. The guys at Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams got to know me.

I must have tried out a dozen different colors throughout the downstairs until I got the right mix.

We wound up with a much darker green in the LR than I would have chosen, but hubby loves it. (The guy who said "whatever you want is fine with me ...
20.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results