shape
carat
color
clarity

twinning wisp

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ssfse

Rough_Rock
i am currently looking at a vs2 diamond with a twinning wisp. on the gia report, the figure/diagram has a line running across a portion of the table. could this possibly be seen by the naked eye even if it is graded as a vs2? could it also effect its light performance?
thanks

Capitol Bill

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 11:44:39 AM
Author:ssfse
i am currently looking at a vs2 diamond with a twinning wisp. on the gia report, the figure/diagram has a line running across a portion of the table. could this possibly be seen by the naked eye even if it is graded as a vs2? There''s a remote chance, but it''s not likely. A lot depends on the set of eyes that are looking at it. Take a look for yourself, or ask for a photo of it. could it also effect its light performance? No.
thanks
Regards,
Bill

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 11:44:39 AM
Author:ssfse
i am currently looking at a vs2 diamond with a twinning wisp. on the gia report, the figure/diagram has a line running across a portion of the table. could this possibly be seen by the naked eye even if it is graded as a vs2? could it also effect its light performance?
thanks
Twinning wisps are areas produced by crystal structure distortion. If your VS2 was graded by a lab with the strictness of the AGS or GIA you should not be able to detect it. It will not influence light performance.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results