shape
carat
color
clarity

Tsavorite Garnet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Swalagem has a beautiful EC tsavorite on their site right now and its a good size too! I hope one of you PS'ersl buy it, so we can all enjoy the pics!
9.gif

Here is the Link

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Yummy!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw that one yesterday. It is priced very well for the colour and size. The step cut also helps it look more emerald like, even though I don’t see any blue in it. If I didn’t have another project going on right now, I would have considered getting it.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
you really can''t beat Eric''s prices for the tsavorite..it''s mine direct cut stones..you really can''t buy from a better place when looking for tsavorite..cost and quality

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a nice medium tone and not overly dark like some tsavorites. I don't care for tsavorites that look like green bottle glass. I'm sure many people would mistake that for a very clean emerald.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 9:15:26 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
That''s a nice medium tone and not overly dark like some tsavorites. I don''t care for tsavorites that look like green bottle glass. I''m sure many people would mistake that for a very clean emerald.
Thats exactly what crossed my mind when I saw it till I read tsarvorite! Wish it was bigger!
31.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
there are a couple 15+ct. ones on there if you are interested..megeve
31.gif
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It acutally is a very good size. Since it''s so clean if it were an emerald, it would be very rich looking. It reminds me of a Zambian emerald which tend to be similar in color and be more on the clean side.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks Very beautiful! if I didn''t read the headline, I could have mistaken it for an emerald for sure! Its a gorgeous color

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/11/2009 9:20:22 AM
Author: megeve

Date: 8/11/2009 9:15:26 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
That''s a nice medium tone and not overly dark like some tsavorites. I don''t care for tsavorites that look like green bottle glass. I''m sure many people would mistake that for a very clean emerald.
Thats exactly what crossed my mind when I saw it till I read tsarvorite! Wish it was bigger!
31.gif
It’s considered quite large for a tsavorite. Most are around 1 ct and even nice ones over 2 ct can be difficult to find. To get something with this green and saturated, and being almost 3 ct at that price point makes it an even better deal.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 9:26:37 AM
Author: amethystguy
31.gif
9.gif
Where??? Show!!
6.gif
3.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/11/2009 2:14:57 PM
Author: megeve

Date: 8/11/2009 9:26:37 AM
Author: amethystguy
31.gif
9.gif
Where??? Show!!
6.gif
3.gif
It''s there, really. I saw them too.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Reminds me of an emerald too.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
The stone is now taken! I hope its one of the PSers!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if any of you read this on the other forum but Campbell bridges, who was the first to discover tsavorite, was killed today at his mine in kenya. Attacked by Somalias

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, how tragic! Is this a workers unrest or is the govenrment behind it?

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I am not sure but Kenya has problems with the somalia mlitias coming across the border and attacking..his son Bruce Bridges, sustained injuries, but fortunately they are not life threatening..I have an email that you can send condolences to but i don''t know if the mods will allow me to post

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just got this email in from a guy in Kenya that I deal with.

"I am under very bad shock and I am very sorry that this has happened to Bridges. He was very kind to me . I was at his camp with a client Annah Keige from Germany 15 minutes before they killed him . I was with him yesterday and he gave us a appointment we meet him today, we were to meet at about 1530Hrs but we arrived at his camp at 1545Hrs and his camp care taker called him to inform that we have arrived and Bridges replied back that he was on his way to the camp to meet us. At 1630Hrs I got worried and asked his men to check with him and that is the time Bruce told us that he father was injured and upon arriving in the hospital he was dead.
These people are known and they have a dispute with Bridges.

During our Gem safari yesterday I had two armed security / civilian police offers in my vehicle as a rule for all of our safari to the mines, and we even left his camp at about 1930Hrs. I am so shocked that just spoke to him about 15 minutes and then it happens like that. He was very very kind to my client yesterday and we are all under bad shock."

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I have to admit I was verrrry tempted by this one when Eric posted it. Hope it is going to a ps-er!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
How truly shocking and heartbreaking for those that loved him.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Wow, the news is just shocking. A sobering reminder how fast tragic things can happen.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, it’s not me.

9.gif

On a more somber note, I was stunned when I read about the violent attack. My condolences to those who lost their lives and wishes of a speedy recovery to those injured. This is such terrible news.
7.gif

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
It was me -- very sad day to get a tsavorite, though.

I had put bookmarked it and a few others the night before megeve posted it so I could mull them over, but made up my mind fairly quickly when I saw this thread.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 11:47:14 AM
Author: tsavvy
It was me -- very sad day to get a tsavorite, though.

I had put bookmarked it and a few others the night before megeve posted it so I could mull them over, but made up my mind fairly quickly when I saw this thread.
I am so sorry that I messed up your mull period, tsavvy! But I think its a good decision, thats a good looking stone! Congrats!

Please keep us updated when you receive it and please post lots of pics!

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
There will be pictures when the stones arrive. Megeve, I must have been subconsciously inspired by your sugarloaves because there is an oval pink spinel accompanying the tsavorite on its journey to California
36.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 5:56:55 PM
There will be pictures when the stones arrive. Megeve, I must have been subconsciously inspired by your sugarloaves because there is an oval pink spinel accompanying the tsavorite on its journey to California
36.gif
Can hardly wait for pics! Oh yum, a pink spinel too?! Lucky!!
18.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, I am so excited for you!
36.gif
Look forward to seeing pics of tsav and spinel!
3.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 5:56:55 PM
36.gif

Ohhh....how exciting. That is a killer tsavorite, and a spinel too? I am thinking about getting one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results