shape
carat
color
clarity

Trying to be good! (and additional ramblings)

Sooie

Rough_Rock
Since I made my final decision about the setting, I've decided to stop talking about diamonds and rings around my guy. I've been pretty good! I know he wants to surprise me. It's hard to quit cold turkey though. It is definitely on his mind, but he isn't talking about it either. He is keeping his internet activity much more private recently. I take this as a good sign. He frequently will stop in the middle of something, look at me intently and say stuff like, "You will love me for everrrrrrr right?", or "You would never treat me bad, things will always be this good, right?" I can tell he is working it all out in his head and getting himself pysched up. Such a sweetie. Ha! He is quite a diamond guru now. He will make analogies about every day life using diamonds as an example. "It's like a well cut diamond vs a low quality cut", etc. Cute!
He is soooo busy with work right now too. He is preparing for a HUGE career related exam and it is only two weeks away. I can't wait until it is over and then we can relax. We haven't been out of town or on any fun getaways in a while and he is promising we will after the exam.
My birthday is next month, then X-mas- yay! I talked his parents into joining our family x-mas celebration at my grandmother's. This a huge tradition in my family and I'm so happy they are coming. They really only have their immediate family and my family is huge, but close. Since my guy and his only sibling are probably going to be gone climbing a crazy high mountain in S. America I'm really glad his parents will be with us and not by themselves. :appl: Plus I know they will have a blast with my big, goofy fam. We live really close to his parents, so I get to see them all the time, which I love! It feels like we are one big family together already. Ugghh, I'm such a sap! Okay I'll leave it with that.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooie|1349193937|3278079 said:
Since I made my final decision about the setting, I've decided to stop talking about diamonds and rings around my guy. I've been pretty good! I know he wants to surprise me. It's hard to quit cold turkey though. It is definitely on his mind, but he isn't talking about it either. He is keeping his internet activity much more private recently. I take this as a good sign. He frequently will stop in the middle of something, look at me intently and say stuff like, "You will love me for everrrrrrr right?", or "You would never treat me bad, things will always be this good, right?" I can tell he is working it all out in his head and getting himself pysched up. Such a sweetie. Ha! He is quite a diamond guru now. He will make analogies about every day life using diamonds as an example. "It's like a well cut diamond vs a low quality cut", etc. Cute!
He is soooo busy with work right now too. He is preparing for a HUGE career related exam and it is only two weeks away. I can't wait until it is over and then we can relax. We haven't been out of town or on any fun getaways in a while and he is promising we will after the exam.
My birthday is next month, then X-mas- yay! I talked his parents into joining our family x-mas celebration at my grandmother's. This a huge tradition in my family and I'm so happy they are coming. They really only have their immediate family and my family is huge, but close. Since my guy and his only sibling are probably going to be gone climbing a crazy high mountain in S. America I'm really glad his parents will be with us and not by themselves. :appl: Plus I know they will have a blast with my big, goofy fam. We live really close to his parents, so I get to see them all the time, which I love! It feels like we are one big family together already. Ugghh, I'm such a sap! Okay I'll leave it with that.

That sounds so amazing, Sooie! I wish either I or my SO had big, close family. That's so amazing and considerate to include them in your family's holiday! :appl:

Good luck to your BF with his examination!!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I love that you are combining families for Christmas, it sounds like you'll have a great day!

Your post is so excited-sounding, its really rubbed off on me! :appl: Its fun to have so much to look forward to.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
He he, lots of clapping in this thread! :appl:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chewbacca|1349213249|3278242 said:
He he, lots of clapping in this thread! :appl:

LOL! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

audball

Ideal_Rock
That's wonderful! :appl: :appl: :appl: (more clapping!!)

Sooie

Rough_Rock
Wow, you ladies are all so sweet!!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
:appl:

that's me clapping over here in the corner. I'm such a follower! lol

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
I am such a goof. All this time, I thought the smiley was doing, I dunno, some excited move. I can't explain it, but I hope someone knows what I'm talking about. But now that I look, yeah........ he's clapping. Not doing an excited hand gesture. (Keep it PG, my mind wasn't in the gutter with that!)

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Sooie, this sounds like amazing news!!!! Many props for keeping quiet about everything!!! I love these optimistic, happy, sweet, gushy updates

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Mico...I can kinda see what you mean! When I look at clappy-smiley for too long, kinda looks like he is flapping his hands in excitement? hehe either way it's a good thing! Yay sooie for exciting news!!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MBKRH|1349314743|3279009 said:
I am such a goof. All this time, I thought the smiley was doing, I dunno, some excited move. I can't explain it, but I hope someone knows what I'm talking about. But now that I look, yeah........ he's clapping. Not doing an excited hand gesture. (Keep it PG, my mind wasn't in the gutter with that!)

My mind went straight to the gutter :oops: and I haven't had anything to drink!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results