shape
carat
color
clarity

Trump’s New Miracle Cure for Covid-19

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump supporters everywhere feel that there is some conspiracy against them. They truly believe hydroxychoriquin is a preventative and a cure for Covid-19 that is being kept from them. Now Trump is promoting something new. It is an oleander plant extract called Oleandrin. Apparently it was pitched to him in July.

I see desperate and gullible people getting very sick and possibly dying when they decide to chew on Oleander as an alternative to this extract.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow...DUuiY5S9vVoDy7QcIq3LO4UFyG_dht56FIe3HAlUZgdVM

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought that plant was really poisonous?

I've read that if you skewer meat with it and then eat the meat you'll get poisoned.

He should have promoted something harmless like pineapples. That's the article being run in our media today. Pineapple enzyme kills spike protein and is being trialled as a nose spray to help contain the spread to the lungs.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump supporters everywhere feel that there is some conspiracy against them. They truly believe hydroxychoriquin is a preventative and a cure for Covid-19 and it is being kept from them. Now Trump is promoting something new. It is an oleander plant extract called Oleandrin. Apparently it was pitched to him in July.

I see desperate and gullible people getting very sick and possibly dying when they decide to chew on Oleander as an alternative to this extract.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow...DUuiY5S9vVoDy7QcIq3LO4UFyG_dht56FIe3HAlUZgdVM

My first thought was whether Trump had a financial stake in some company that produced oleandrin, just as it has been all along whther he has a financial stake in a company that produced hydroxychloraquin.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought that plant was really poisonous?

I've read that if you skewer meat with it and then eat the meat you'll get poisoned.

He should have promoted something harmless like pineapples. That's the article being run in our media today. Pineapple enzyme kills spike protein and is being trialled as a nose spray to help contain the spread to the lungs.

Oleander grow so well here and have beautiful flowers but they are very poisonous. You are not even supposed to burn them because inhaling the smoke can cause damage.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF I have wondered the same thing.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Common sense does not apply and will mislead you when it comes to medicine. Often times poisons produce good outcomes.

Millions of people take the prescription Metformin for diabetes. One of the things it does is poison your mitochondria. After the mitochondria are poisoned, it triggers them to reproduce, and so you'll end up with new mitochondria to replace old ones. Poison is doing a very good thing.

I don't vouch for oleander extracts because I haven't learned anything about them. But, there are a lot of things in life, medicine included, where trying to apply common sense is foolish.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Common sense does not apply and will mislead you when it comes to medicine. Often times poisons produce good outcomes.

Millions of people take the prescription Metformin for diabetes. One of the things it does is poison your mitochondria. After the mitochondria are poisoned, it triggers them to reproduce, and so you'll end up with new mitochondria to replace old ones. Poison is doing a very good thing.

I don't vouch for oleander extracts because I haven't learned anything about them. But, there are a lot of things in life, medicine included, where trying to apply common sense is foolish.

@voce, I immediately "liked" your post. You are intelligent and correct. But I thought about the whole thing for a minute. Just because a poison may be useful in medicine, doesn't mean the president should hawk it on TV. The people listening to him are not scientists about to formulate new medicines and they do not need to hear this information.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@scouty :lol: I nearly spat out my spaghetti bolognaise!

On a more serious note has this really been reported? :wall:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Oh yes, I agree the president should leave this to the scientists and not pontificate. He already did hydroxychloroquine a disservice because after her hawked it, participants in a study pulled out, and you could then no longer have well designed experiments.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Trump supporters everywhere feel that there is some conspiracy against them. They truly believe hydroxychoriquin is a preventative and a cure for Covid-19 that is being kept from them. Now Trump is promoting something new. It is an oleander plant extract called Oleandrin. Apparently it was pitched to him in July.

Is this the one being promoted by Ben Carson, and the My Pillow guy?

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I don't want to be mean, but the only people who would take him seriously on this are his supporters. In which case the Darwin award rules.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
covid19guru.jpg

Make sure you wash the Oleandrin down with Bleach & Lysol. Afterwards shine the ultraviolet light up your rear end!

@scouty Yes, perfect but for one thing that you left out. While washing the Oleandrin down with Bleach and Lysol and shining the UV light up your rear end you need to be singing "Is That All There Is" by Peggy Lee. At the top of your lungs. That's the secret ingredient.

As a bonus it's apparently DT's favorite song. #can'tmakethisstuffup

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Waaaaaait, I think I saw this movie...
images (6).jpeg

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Are these media reports verified? I can't see anywhere Trump has made any public comments promoting this...so it would be unknown if the media wasn't putting it out there? Who exactly is endangering the public in that case?
If there are verifiable public comments I would appreciate a link.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
In this case, at least so far, it looks like It's only Mike Lindell who is the only verifiable source of Trump's remarks during this meeting. Though he has been allowed(assumed with WH permission) to go on media outlets to say this was Trump's take. Apparently he just bought stock in pharm. company. I cannot find if the original meeting was televised/taped.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are these media reports verified? I can't see anywhere Trump has made any public comments promoting this...so it would be unknown if the media wasn't putting it out there? Who exactly is endangering the public in that case?

If there are verifiable public comments I would appreciate a link.

Anderson Cooper interview with Mike Lindell.

"Lindell, who has a financial stake in Phoenix Biotechnology, told Cooper that he learned about the drug from a friend who told Lindell he had 'answer to the virus.' He said he brought the news to Carson, a neurosurgeon but not an expert in infectious diseases, who declared it to be the 'real deal' and brought it to the president.

'This thing works. It's the miracle of all time,' Lindell told Cooper. After his inability to give specifics on where and when the drug was studied, Lindell told Cooper, 'You're just misconstrued because the media is trying to take away this amazing cure that works for everybody.'

'You have no medical background, you're not a scientist,' Cooper said. 'A guy called you in April, said he had this product. You are now on the board and going to make money from the sale of this product. The reason he reached out to you is because you have the ear of the president, so he gets a meeting with the president, and you stand to make money from this.

'How do you sleep at night?' Cooper asked.

Whitney and Lindell claimed the drug has proven safe and effective in humans as a coronavirus treatment. But there are no public studies on the drug as a treatment in humans, according to Axios. One study claims the drug can help prevent and treat COVID-19, but the laboratory study was not peer-reviewed.

Lindell told CNN Trump's reaction to their pitch was 'enthusiastic.'

It would not be the first time Trump has promoted an unproven drug as a coronavirus treatment. He has long advocated for the use of hydroxychloroquine to treat the virus despite repeated statements from his administration's top public health officials that the drug as not proven effective in treating or preventing COVID-19. Trump even claimed he took the drug himself as a precautionary measure after several White House officials tested positive for the virus.

When asked about oleandrin as he prepared to leave the White House on Monday, Trump confirmed he had heard of the drug but denied he pressed the Food and Drug Administration to approve it.

'We’ll look at it. We’ll look it,' Trump said. 'We’re looking at a lot of different things'."

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results