shape
carat
color
clarity

True Blood

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that show. I love the opening song and opening credits -- uber-creepy and interesting (to me).

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my god, FI and I are OBSESSED with True Blood. I don''t want to read the books because I don''t want to spoil even the most minor of surprises, but I want to read them because I looove vampire fiction!! I''ve read all the Anne Rice books, and you know, a bunch of others.

I''ve never been this into a show, that I''m constantly wondering "is it Sunday yet?!?"!!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 12:26:38 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
rbh apparently Charlaine Harris was at Comic-con a few weeks ago and she stated that the books and the show were not the same and were not supposed to be treated or approached as such.
Now that I am deep into the second book, I couldn''t agree with this more. To be honest, the show has added story lines that aren''t even hinted at in the book, and it really has to be treated as a completely different story.

To those that are reading the series: Are you surprised at the amount of story line that has been added to True Blood and not from the books? It is amazing to me that the writers have created or really stretched these others characters that the book doesn''t even touch on! It has really been fascinating to me!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/5/2009 9:20:03 AM
Author: meresal

Date: 8/4/2009 12:26:38 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
rbh apparently Charlaine Harris was at Comic-con a few weeks ago and she stated that the books and the show were not the same and were not supposed to be treated or approached as such.
Now that I am deep into the second book, I couldn''t agree with this more. To be honest, the show has added story lines that aren''t even hinted at in the book, and it really has to be treated as a completely different story.

To those that are reading the series: Are you surprised at the amount of story line that has been added to True Blood and not from the books? It is amazing to me that the writers have created or really stretched these others characters that the book doesn''t even touch on! It has really been fascinating to me!
Yeah, my hubby will turn to me and ask what happens next and all I can do is shrug and say I don''t know, it''s not in the books. Sometimes it really bothers me how far they vere off but it still is a good story.

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 12:32:51 PM

Date: 8/4/2009 12:27:56 PM
Author: Linda W
We don''t have HBO either, so we have been getting them on Netflix. I want to know one thing.

Are Sookie and Bill still together?????????
both show and real life... as of the US Weekly I read on Sunday
And now they are engaged in real life! True Blood stars get engaged

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
FI''s brother has lent us season 1 on DVD.. we weren''t going to bother watching it but maybe we should?

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Awww...they make a cute couple. Any chance of finding a picture of the ring?
31.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2009 8:05:11 AM
Author: kiett98
Date: 8/4/2009 12:32:51 PM

Date: 8/4/2009 12:27:56 PM

Author: Linda W

We don''t have HBO either, so we have been getting them on Netflix. I want to know one thing.

Are Sookie and Bill still together?????????
both show and real life... as of the US Weekly I read on Sunday

And now they are engaged in real life! True Blood stars get engaged
AWWWWWW... I''m melting over here.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
love love LOVE this show! i haven''t had a chance to read any of the books, but from what i''ve heard, they''re fabulous as well.

awww...they''re engaged?! yay!
30.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I really love the show I watch it every week. I am trying to figure out what those parties are all about, you know where their eyes turn black and they "you know what". Thats nuts. I didn''t know that Sookie and Bill were engaged in real life. Good for them.

I am also wondering what is going to happen with that new girl vamp that Bill made, she seems sweet, but I don''t have her figured out yet.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Big fan here! I''ve read all the books so far, and am current on the show. I love how the show is very different from the books. It''s double the fun - like parallel Bon Temps universes.

Team Eric, all the way!

My favorite characters from the show are Sam, Lafayette and Jessica. From the books, I love Eric and Pam. I wish they had cast Bill and Eric...well, hotter! Eric is growing on me, cuz love him so...But still think they could have been cast better.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/6/2009 6:19:55 PM
Author: radiantquest
I really love the show I watch it every week. I am trying to figure out what those parties are all about, you know where their eyes turn black and they ''you know what''. Thats nuts. I didn''t know that Sookie and Bill were engaged in real life. Good for them.

I am also wondering what is going to happen with that new girl vamp that Bill made, she seems sweet, but I don''t have her figured out yet.

The whole Maenad town orgies thing bugs me, not because none of it''s from the books (just a small bit about her) but it feels like a lot of gratuitous nudity. The books are definitely racy, but not all the time. The show is pushing thing a bit with season 2 - I''m like, enough nekkid ugly people. I do NOT need to see Andy nude, so I watch through covered eyes, expecting him to drop trau any minute. And seeing Jane Bodehouse doing it with that creepy coroner guy? Blech!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2009 8:15:04 AM
Author: idreamofcushions
31.gif

This is what I came across online.

0806_anna_p_rameyasdfasdf.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/6/2009 10:05:26 PM
Author: CDNinNYC
Date: 8/6/2009 8:15:04 AM

Author: idreamofcushions

31.gif

This is what I came across online.

nice find CDNinNYC! her ring looks lovely!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring - it looks like it could be an estate piece.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, that''s beautiful! Your right, Madam B. It sorta looks antiquey.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2009 8:26:12 PM
Author: ericad
Date: 8/6/2009 6:19:55 PM

I really love the show I watch it every week. I am trying to figure out what those parties are all about, you know where their eyes turn black and they ''you know what''. Thats nuts. I didn''t know that Sookie and Bill were engaged in real life. Good for them.

The whole Maenad town orgies thing bugs me, not because none of it''s from the books (just a small bit about her) but it feels like a lot of gratuitous nudity. The books are definitely racy, but not all the time. The show is pushing thing a bit with season 2 - I''m like, enough nekkid ugly people. I do NOT need to see Andy nude, so I watch through covered eyes, expecting him to drop trau any minute. And seeing Jane Bodehouse doing it with that creepy coroner guy? Blech!

Oh man John Billingsley, played dr phlox on star trek enterprise.... It''s all I see when I see him!

phlox.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got all caught up on Season 2 last night. For free. We don''t have HBO, and yet somehow we were able to watch all 9 episodes from this season.

My favorite characters are Eric and Lafayette. By far. And I''m so SICK of Maryann. She needs to GO THE F AWAY ALREADY.

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
I''ve read all the books, and I''ve seen all the episodes. The show definitely veers away from the books, but it comes back around every once in a while.

Having just moved from Louisiana, I have to say they got the accents and people DEAD ON! It wasn''t so funny while we were living in LA and hating life being stuck in the boonies, but now that we''re back in civilization again, it''s hilarious!

~LC

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So glad they are finally turning up the heat with Eric. He''s quite...SPECIAL in the books and is now coming to life (well, obviously not) on screen for me more :)

And yes, Maryann has got to go!

I was seriously crushing on Godric until...well I don''t want to spoil it for anyone who hasn''t watched the most recent episode.

And I also adore Lafayette and Eric...and Pam and Sam. Tara drives me bonkers - wishing she''d fall into a crevasse or run away with Bill (can''t stand him either) :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, PAM. LOVE HER. And her shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 10:34:39 PM
Author: ericad
So glad they are finally turning up the heat with Eric. He''s quite...SPECIAL in the books and is now coming to life (well, obviously not) on screen for me more :)

And yes, Maryann has got to go!

I was seriously crushing on Godric until...well I don''t want to spoil it for anyone who hasn''t watched the most recent episode.

And I also adore Lafayette and Eric...and Pam and Sam. Tara drives me bonkers - wishing she''d fall into a crevasse or run away with Bill (can''t stand him either) :)
I haven''t read the books but DH and I are hooked on the tv series. I don''t think Bill''s very attractive, but Eric is hot, hot, hot! I love how he is slightly threatening and dangerous. Very sexy, and the chemistry between Eric and Sookie just sizzles on screen. I think Sam''s such a sweetheart, and I love the beagle he turned into when he was young. So cute!

Would be very interested to read the books and see the similarities and differences.

roverchic

Rough_Rock
Trade
I got hooked on True Blood after renting the first 2 episodes from Blockbuster.
I ended up watching the entire 1st season in 2 days and am now current on Season 2 thanks to sidereel.com!

It is such a guilty pleasure...kind of like what Buffy used to be for me in high school / college.

I will probably start reading the books soon...

I am 110% team Eric. He is probably a very deep and complex character who just appears to be uber evil...I mean, he is a vampire...just needs a little understanding and love to show his sensitive side. Or maybe he is only sweet when he is naked (I am totally, 100% OK with that, BTW). Plus the blonde actor is out of this world hot (I am not usually into that particular look, but when he cut his hair...well, let''s just say I changed my mind!) And I think the dirty hair look (on him) is sexy...and the naked in bed scene between him and S...yummy!
Bill seems about as interesting as a wet sock to me...although "bad" Bill (before he decided not to kill humans) was fun to watch...I like the range that actor shows...hopefully they will give him more than the sad, depressing tortured role he has shown for most of the show.

I find Sam and Tara annoying...especially T''s accent. LaFayette is one of my favorite characters...loved when he was dancing aound with the sequined thong peeking out of his jeans...hilarious...reminds me of my "gay mafia" friends.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
spoiler question:

Question for those who watched the season finale:

Who thinks that the ring was a CZ? It looked pretty lifeless to me. (I wish they had used AP''S real life ring instead.)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I love true blood, and the books!!!

team eric!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it was probably a fake. Maybe some of the resident actors can give some input here. Do shows often use real pieces as props?

End of the season review:
This season was far better than last. I liked all of the characters they introduced though they went overboard with Maryann and Rachael Evan Wood (Queen Sophie) can''t act worth a damn. She was just horrible in that role. I''m glad Sam isn''t dead, and I''m glad Eggs is.

I''m interested to see how the whole Sookie/Erik thing is going to play out. I don''t think Erik had a hand in Bill''s kidnapping, though I think he''ll work the situation to further his agenda with Sookie in the next season.

I loved Erik''s line about the kids being like teacup humans. so funny.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I thought that Eric did have something to do with Bills kidnapping because of the comment that he made about taking care of Bill and because of his feelings towards Sookie. Who else could it be?

I am a little upset about Eggs death. Not because I feel that True Blood needs him as a character, but because I feel bad for Tara. I hope that this doesn''t make her go back to Sam because I don''t like them together.

Lafayette is my favorite character too.

I am also a liitle tired of Bill. His character seems flat.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 1:07:46 PM
I thought that Eric did have something to do with Bills kidnapping because of the comment that he made about taking care of Bill and because of his feelings towards Sookie. Who else could it be?

I am a little upset about Eggs death. Not because I feel that True Blood needs him as a character, but because I feel bad for Tara. I hope that this doesn''t make her go back to Sam because I don''t like them together.

Lafayette is my favorite character too.

I am also a liitle tired of Bill. His character seems flat.

Not sure who it could be but it''s a good place to open up the story and introduce more characters and plot lines.

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
Don''t read if you haven''t watched the season finale....

I also think that Eric had a hand in Bill''s kidnapping/attempted murder. I cannot stand Eric. And I want to know why Sophie has him selling vampire blood...

I didn''t feel bad about Jason shooting Eggs. It definitely looked liked Eggs had snapped and couldn''t handle what he had done under Maryann''s influence. I never trusted him, even when he supposedly wasn''t under the trance. It will be interesting to see how Jason handles the fact that he killed someone.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eesh. I finished reading all of the books this weekend, and holy cow are they different. I am 100% team Eric.

I read something on the internet about how Alan Ball said that season two was 1/2 and 1/2 the book and whatever he wanted to make up.

Lets just say if Bill''s disappearance follows the books at all, it should be an interesting season. I am hoping that it goes back to following the books a bit more....

I want to say so much more, but I don''t want to spoil anything!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results