shape
carat
color
clarity

trouble finding a petite setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

phoebecat

Rough_Rock

I am looking to upgrade my engagement setting. Right now I have a thin, plain, 1mm wide platinum band.

I am having a bit of trouble finding a channel setting, or other pretty, sparkly setting that won''t overpower my 1/2 carat princess. The diamond is about 4.5mm by 4.5mm? , by rough measurement.

I just love the setting Jaysonsmom has for her princess cut engagement ring.
I love how it is only 2.5mm. I think it looks so delicate and graceful.

My only other post so far talked about yellow gold, but I have since decided that I would like to stick with platinum.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

(I had originally posted this in the wrong board.
40.gif
If anyone knows how to delete my old post, please let me know. Sorry for any trouble!)

phoebecat

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the link! Yes, I have seen that thread before, but I am actually looking for a new mounting for my diamond.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Gotcha. A custom job would probably be your best bet. I can''t wait to see what you come up with. I bet it will be gorgeous!

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
How about the Ritani Endless Love setting without the halo? I know they have one for a princess cut stone on their website. But to get an idea of what the setting itself looks like, there is a current thread ongoing in SMTR (this one is a round, but you get the idea):

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ring-is-complete-ritani-pics.37501/

I have the halo version and the band is very sparkly with the micropave diamonds, but also very thin and delicate. I think I''ve seen another post that says it''s about 1.7-1.8 mm.

Hope this helps! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results