shape
carat
color
clarity

Tree topper wanted

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I need a nice lighted tree topper.

Silver. Large. at least 8-9 inches high and wide.

If the tree topper was a ring it would look like... a vancraynest ring or something like that. Maybe a Beaudry or a Tacori... you get the point Ornate and antique/ vintage looking.

Of course, it''ll be plastic, I''m well aware, in order to be light enough to stay on top of the tree and to be lighted. But that''s the look I want.

I''ve looked at a lot of places. All the ones that have the look I want aren''t lighted. And all the lighted ones are well... not the look I want or the size I want. So I was wondering if you all had seen anything that might fit the bill

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never had a nice tree topper. Why are they always so damn ugly? or cheap looking? or gaudy? or cumbersome?

I''m riding the results of your request here...

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Sooo....I know this one doesn''t light up - but how neat - a Tiara Tree Topper! I''m not sure if I''m completely sold on it - it has the potential to look tacky in person, but who knows!

Found this on Macys.com

TiaraTreeTopper.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I FORGOT TO ASK FOR A STAR. THE TREE TOPPER NEEDS TO BE A STAR, PLEASE. John likes stars on top of his trees, and that's his only request in terms of Christmas decorations. I have a lovely angel I purchased years ago from neiman marcus... but it's an angel, and he really wants a star. So we're hunting for a star.

Thank you SDL! I appreciate it! I too love the holidays.
36.gif

Starset... well, I agree. Many of them look ugly and cheap. I'm not opposed to spending a fair amount on the right topper to get what I want, truth to tell, as I'll use it every year for probably the rest of our lives. I have noticed that LIGHTED star toppers that look cheap up close and un lit and can look stunning lit and on a tree. A few years ago we bought one for FMIL that was okay looking in the box, but lit up it looks like a million bucks. Unfortunately, we didn't buy two, and now I need one.
21.gif

Hi Cleo, thanks for the suggestion. It certainly is a PS friendly tree topper isn't it? I really appreciate you hunting around for me. I think I'm looking for something a little more traditional though, specifically a star, and definitely lighted.
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks SD. I was thinking of buying the first one... I've seen it a couple of times. What do you think of it? Is it too obnoxious or is it nice?

I bought this one already, off ebay... so it's at home. It's small though. I was disappointed in it's size... it's fine in height, but it's not wide at all. http://www.seasonalreflections.com/holiday_decorations/catalog/1-Light-C7-Gold-Metal-Star-Tree-Topper-p-6091.html

I'm also considering this one: http://www.thechristmasmart.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=29409!4&csurl=%2Fistar%2Easp%3Fa%3D29%26manufacturer%3D4%26 but part of me feels like it's very boring.

What do you think of this one? http://www.christmaspeople.com/star-christmas-tree-toppers/22222.asp

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi starset... the first one is lovely... but at 24 inches, I don''t think it''s a tree topper... well, not for a regular sized tree anyway. The second one has promise though! Thank you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK. I bid on a vintage tree topper on ebay. It looks nice from the pics so we''ll see. I''m still considering getting the first one too. I do wish I could see the first one in person. It just looks very... overpowering. Which is why I haven''t bought one yet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results