shape
carat
color
clarity

trash out

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
News story on foreclosed homes.
Scary

link

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s really sad. I can''t believe the stuff people leave behind....

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Often it is like people went out to get a gallon of milk and never came back. DH deals in foreclosures so he has stories to tell. It is very sad. I think people just cannot believe their home is being taken away and so not prepare. They think there is hope (since it is such a long process) and all of the sudden the police show up to change the locks. (though they DO get notices and they do give them a chance to grab what they want). Also like the guy said they don''t have money to move stuff.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 8:37:58 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Often it is like people went out to get a gallon of milk and never came back. DH deals in foreclosures so he has stories to tell. It is very sad. I think people just cannot believe their home is being taken away and so not prepare. They think there is hope (since it is such a long process) and all of the sudden the police show up to change the locks. (though they DO get notices and they do give them a chance to grab what they want). Also like the guy said they don''t have money to move stuff.
Yeah, that''s what I was thinking. So strange....And I guess I can see all the different reasons for leaving stuff, but the pictures really got me. I just thought, who would leave pictures?

And it''s a shame that stuff can''t be saved and passed off, what an absolute waste of perfectly good things.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen, DH deals with lower end homes so the stuff he trashes is well...trash. Some of that stuff did look nice and I wondered why they couldn''t donate it as well. I guess b/c SPEED is the name of the game. Foreclosure cost banks lots of money which is why they are willing to do short sales. I don''t think DH has ever found personal photos but he has found very...errr...personal stuff. The saddest is when the home owner dies and there are no relatives WILLING or ABLE to help so the house goes into foreclosure. Milk in the fridge type of situations.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
sad....on so many levels.

movie zombie

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
That must be a very depressing job. Having to, essentially, throw away other people''s lives. Does make you think about how much ''stuff'' we have, and how much of it is really needed though.

If someone knows that foreclosure is coming, and they will have to leave at some point, why are they not having major sales/auctions themselves to get as much money as possible? Good gosh, how about even going to a pawn shop with some of this stuff? They aren''t thinking. They''re waiting for a miracle that will keep them in the house.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I watched that earlier this week and was so saddened by the obvious despair that most of the people must be in to leave behind such valuable and sentimental items. It is beyond my comprehension that they can''t do something in terms of charity or sale of the items. I thought it was odd that the mortgage companies would absolutely forbid the trashers to toss out urns, but wouldn''t care about other equally, or even more valuable items. Sad...

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 12:59:08 PM
Author: miraclesrule
I watched that earlier this week and was so saddened by the obvious despair that most of the people must be in to leave behind such valuable and sentimental items. It is beyond my comprehension that they can''t do something in terms of charity or sale of the items. I thought it was odd that the mortgage companies would absolutely forbid the trashers to toss out urns, but wouldn''t care about other equally, or even more valuable items. Sad...
The guy who owns the company depicted in the video said that he is under contract to leave nothing at the curb; the realtor must be able to go in and show the property immediately. He has attempted to get charity trucks to pick up stuff, only to have them leave behind what they didn''t want; so his company must make a second trip out there. He can''t afford that. And sometimes, the charities don''t show at all. Unfortunately, the old adage applies: time is money. And no one can afford to waste theirs on someone else''s dashed dreams. It saddens him, but what can he do?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 1:44:37 PM
Author: HollyS

Date: 10/12/2008 12:59:08 PM
Author: miraclesrule
The guy who owns the company depicted in the video said that he is under contract to leave nothing at the curb; the realtor must be able to go in and show the property immediately. He has attempted to get charity trucks to pick up stuff, only to have them leave behind what they didn''t want; so his company must make a second trip out there. He can''t afford that. And sometimes, the charities don''t show at all. Unfortunately, the old adage applies: time is money. And no one can afford to waste theirs on someone else''s dashed dreams. It saddens him, but what can he do?
Yeah, I know. You could tell the man was heartsick over it. The fact that some of his employee''s are also among those being foreclosed on must be hard for him to bear. At least some of these workers get to keep some of the things and sale them or bring them home. Heck, I wouldn''t kept that girmormous wide screen. But the toys and the photos tugged at my heart.

I found it comical that they paint the dead grass though.
38.gif
Oh well, they do what they have to do to get the house back on market and sold.

I did cringe when I saw all the disgusting and foul water being siphoned from the stagnant pools going into the drain system. Oh well, what are they going to do with it.
8.gif
I would give anything to have that pool in my backyard.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results