carat
color
clarity

Tranny in Buttercup-y Platinum Ring

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:

Say hello to the newest member of my little family!

rainbowreflectionsupclose_1.jpg

I love this setting. I've been browsing antique and vintage rings for quite some time, and hadn't seen anything like this, so it caught my eye. Is it a buttercup? Is it just a scalloped metal halo? I've had these since March, so imagine my surprise when I saw that the JbEG ladies get a setting and ring just like this in their inventory in June! :love: The setting is not original to this diamond, so the setter had to add a little bit of platinum somewhere (I got confused by his explanation) to hold it in. It's nice and secure, but it's not the prongs keeping it in place. Since the design of the setting has a vertical line drawn up on each of the prongs from the basket, it creates an adorable heart shaped prong. There are 6 hearts in the gallery, too. I'm not exactly a hearts type of gal, but it's grown on me.

And of course, the diamond! I am in awe of it. I love the crisp pattern-- a beautiful mix of old and new. There's some obstruction going on that is bothering me quite a bit, but meh, I think I can forgive it :sun: I am just so in love with how well it picks up colors in its surroundings, and reflects it right back!

untitled1879798797.jpg

predoihasoidhaosd.jpg

asdfg1209312.jpg

asdfg1902809182.jpg

img_0293.jpg

Zoomed in:

untitledyelloooooo7987.jpg

Riding in Cars with Boys: A little bit of **** for car and diamond enthusiasts alike

lambo1.jpg

lambo3_1.jpg

lambo2.jpg

Andddd last but not least, some movement: http://youtu.be/b0GyFNfgB8k

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, Madelise!!! :love: You are amassing quite a collection! :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is a really cool setting!! Your stone is sooo pretty. They work perfectly together. I had to look closer to see that it wasn't a halo. It looks amazing on your finger. Congratulations!! :appl: :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it!

I am confuzzled by your story... you bought the diamond and mount separately? Or you got it from JBEG??

ETA: And what is the carat etc? We need the deets.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I love it!! GORGEOUS!!! :love:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS: Thanks DS. I really didn't mean for this ring to happen! I bought the stone to make into a pendant (and make my pendant into an earring), and this setting for a CS…. but I couldn't get myself to "waste" a setting on a cheapy-ish CS! I'm no longer surfing sales just for "fun". I'm banning myself! :devil: When I took a "Show me ALL of your bling" photo a few weeks ago, I realized how ridiculous it's getting. :nono:

LLJ: Yes, I was not actually searching for a halo. My heart has been lusting after an antique solitaire. But I can't complain about the extra finger coverage! The ladies of Pricescope have made me feel like my size 7.5-8's are obese!

Dreamer: They're separate. I was just amused by the setting since I never saw anything like it… and then a few days prior to the GTG, JbEG posted a new item they acquired from JCK that looked just like it. http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.c...amond/29932426_5GDkWg#!i=2569288628&k=CwJkzJW I guess the diamond is supposed to sit that high off the setting, but my diamond was too small for the setting. I don't know the stats on the ring, other than it's 1.58 carats. Oh darn, I could've remembered it was 1.6x, but I just checked the paper. Ari unset the stone from its previous setting for me, and he said it's M-N, VS. It's eye clean, with an indented natural where the LGF and the girdle meet.

Hera: thanks :wavey:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love it! What a great addition to your collection!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE YOURS !!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

AND

THAT'S THE SETTING I WANT FOR MINE !!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAA
I HAVE TO FIND IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry to shout...... :oops:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sweeeeeet!! I love that buttercup setting --- and I really like the hearts too!! Gorgeous diamond - fantastic faceting!!!

You are one savvy little shopper there, Madelise!!! Kudo's to the combo you put together!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madelise, I love this ring! The setting is perfect for your gorgeous stone (obstruction or not). I love them together! Really gorgeous and eye catching and mesmerizing!!! :love: Can you tell I love this ring? I really do!!! I wouldn't mind a hundred or more pics btw... :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful, Mandelise! I can see why you loved that setting! I am a sucker for the basket. Gorgeous!

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Just beautiful, love the profile.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone is georveous and it looks perfect in its setting! Congrats on a lovely find!

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
Ooooh! :love: That's gorgeous. I love the setting and your diamond is so pretty. I've been debating between a solitaire and a bezel or "halo" like this. Your ring makes me think this is the way to go!

Good work.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!! Your pics are really great!

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous, love the flower shot

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really, really pretty!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I am so glad you did a SMTB thread for this beautiful. I loooooooove your tranny, the faceting is stunning. And let's not even get started on the setting, it's to die for. :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

And now, I would like to officially say....I CALL DIBS! DIBS DIBS DIBS!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

lisa1802

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! I actually inquired to JbEG about the one they have!! Love it!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE it!!! Though I'm inclined to think there are also a few CSs that would have done justice to the setting, I guess diamonds are pretty cool, too. ;-) :cheeky:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I am so envious of your collection!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone is fabulous and the setting suits it perfectly!

And... PLEASE tell me that is YOUR car!!! :lickout: (In which case we will need a whole 'nother thread!!!)

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
So lovely and you have a great eye! Enjoy your beautiful new old ring! :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that stone is so beautiful, what pretty faceting!! :love: And I really love non-diamond halo settings, I think they are a great way to add a bit more hand presence while letting the diamond really stand out, it's gorgeous. And your pics are fantastic! :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning setting!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
That is beautiful!!! Love the faceting on the diamond!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks lknvrb4, yennyfire, ooh~shiney, enerchi, missy, luv2sparkle, effe, tyty333, nowicanseethemoon, laila619, scarlett1, derbygal, armywife13, lisa1802, NKOTB, rosebloom, dee*jay, bbziggy, junebug17, aprilbaby, and woofmama! Phew.

ooo~shiney : I found JbEG also has a very similar setting, called the Lisa! http://interactivepdf.uniflip.com/2/77036/286475/pub/ it's on one of the last few pages.

Missy: I love taking photos of whatever jewelry I'm wearing when there happens to be good lighting or a pretty floral prop. Someone needs to start a Shameless Showoffs thread here on PS so I can have somewhere to post them all without feeling bashful. Sometimes I want to post up new photos but I don't want to dig up an old thread or two. One where we can all shamelessly showoff our bling bling would be nice….. :cheeky: :wink2: I'd be sure to contribute often, hehehee.

nowicanseethemoon: I love this setting, absolutely adore it! But I still want a simple solitaire :errrr: I am banning myself from any more diamonds because it's just getting ridiculous…. but I still might have to settle for some other type of stone to get my solitaire itch scratched! However, for an e-ring that you'll wear often, you can't go wrong with the extra finger coverage ;))

armywife13: I don't think you can downsize from a 3+ carat to such a measly small stone ;)) I think your next upgrade needs to be a 4 carat, for sure!

lisa1802: Their signature setting or the 0.89? If you get it, I can't wait to see pictures!

NKOTB: haha, I was planning on setting my BB garnet in it. It would have fit perfectly, too. But that meant it would be a gift for grandma, instead of mineminemine. I'm selfish :blackeye:

Dee*jay: no, my vice is diamonds definitely! That's my partner's baby, and the only reason I have the upper hand when he thinks I'm being ridiculous with spending money on "useless pieces of carbon". I love it, too, but not as much as I love bling bling. Whenever he starts counting how much I have spend on jewelry in the last 2 years, I glare at him and count how much he has spent on his cars. He lays off of me :geek:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Byoooooootiiiiifuuuuullllllll!!!!!!!! I love everything about it! Yowza! Hot hot momma!!!!!!!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1376456338|3502619 said:
Missy: I love taking photos of whatever jewelry I'm wearing when there happens to be good lighting or a pretty floral prop. Someone needs to start a Shameless Showoffs thread here on PS so I can have somewhere to post them all without feeling bashful. Sometimes I want to post up new photos but I don't want to dig up an old thread or two. One where we can all shamelessly showoff our bling bling would be nice….. :cheeky: :wink2: I'd be sure to contribute often, hehehee.

LOL I have thought the same thing many times. Just yesterday around 5:30 pm my dh and I were sitting on our deck and my ring looked so pretty that my dh gave me his phone so I could snap some impromptu pictures haha. He knows me so well. And then I thought it's a shame I cannot share them with my PS family who would appreciate them because I don't want to drag up old threads. Great minds think alike madelise. Now if only someone could start a show me your impromptu bling photos... :naughty:
(My photos are awful quality compared to most PSers though)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results