shape
carat
color
clarity

Trader Joe''s must gets

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
woo hoo! more items to try out! i just got a chance right now to log onto my computer and check this thread. i am so excited to see other TJ fans!!

that pain au chocolat sounds fantastic!

keep em coming!

i also love their body wash - i think it is grapefruit.

for some reason our local TJs does not always carry anchovies. i have literally seen them carry it twice in the last few years. so last time i saw it there, i got 15, yes 15 of them, and FI thought i was batty (besides being really good, they are like $1 cheaper than anywhere else). well, we have not seen them in our local TJs since then and it has be several months. so now FI knows that if he sees them to grab them. we should have gotten more last time!

streyes - i thought that is what your avatar meant. sending you a big hug and really appreciate all that your bf and you, in supporting him, are doing for the USA.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2008 7:42:13 PM
Author: Clio

My only regret is that because of our county''s strict liquor laws, our Trader Joe''s can''t sell wine.

oh that''s a drag clio
7.gif
cause they seem to be coming out with their own line of beers and also just came out with their version of hard cider which are pretty good

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Sigh, yes, it''s a pain. We almost never drink wine anymore with dinner because if I have to make a special trip to the county liquor store, I''m generally not going to do it.

When we lived in Louisiana, it was nice being able to buy anything - even hard liquor - at the grocery store. Easy to plan and shop for parties.

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
Awe shucks
12.gif
, Thanks ringster!

Another thing we get from TJ''s is their carrot cake muffins. Except they have a twist,they have pineapple in them... they''re pretty yummy

And omg, the pain au chocolat, are really really really to DIE FOR..
30.gif

Think i got enough really''s in there ladies?
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2008 9:40:44 PM
Author: lovewhitediamonds
I am addicted to Dr Praegers Spinach Pancakes .. easy to make and oh so yummy
LWD my hubby loves the Dr. Praegers veggie burgers have you tried those. I have not seen the pancakes. I will have to look for the pain au chocolat you all speak of
11.gif
3.gif

I love their Spinach pie, and Spanakopita,
Last night I had their chicken ravioli and it was delicious!
Tzatziki sauce is yummy!
The workers there are super nice and friendly and I like that they encourage you to bring your own bags.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ha ringster...fellow Trader Joes lover!

My must haves are:

Low fat Greek Salad (like 1-2 WW points!)
Red pepper puree/dip (like 0 points! and amazingly faboo)
Jarred curry sauces
Frozen baby peas(love em)
Garden Burger Riblets (they''re half the price compared to Whole Foods)
Jalapeno-Cheese bread
Orchids
Fresh pre packaged produce (so convenient)

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I love TJ Hummus! Yum. And their flowers--we have a vase of their daffodils on our table right now.

Granted, I love TJ''s in general--that store rocks my world.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmmm . . . let''s see. I find TJ''s to be very good for staples like high quality olive oil that I use every day. Also . . .

Their peanut butter is all natural and is only $1.69!! Price cannot be beat and it is oh so good.
Love the reduced sugar strawberry preserves (only 25 calories per tblsp.)
English muffins.
Doggie biscuits are must have treats. We usually buy three boxes per trip to TJ''s.
Coffee is soooooo good and inexpensive too.
Bags o''romaine. I know, I know, it is the lazy man''s way, but it is, well, so easy. We usually get 2 or 3 bags o''romaine per stop and have huge greek salads during the week.
Whole blocks of feta.
Container of parmesan.
Canned veggie chili.
Canned marinara (quite good!)
Spinach dip. Yum.
Organic pastas.
Organic skim milk. (best prices.)
Maple syrup.
Cereals, dried cranberries, whole nuts.

We love TJ''s!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2008 12:24:28 PM
Author: ladypirate
I love TJ Hummus! Yum. And their flowers--we have a vase of their daffodils on our table right now.

Granted, I love TJ''s in general--that store rocks my world.
Gasp! The hummus! How could I forget the hummus?! Mmmm pita (chips or regular form) and hummus is my favorite snack. Luckily, my FILs are always stocked when we go over for dinner! Mmm and we''re going tonight.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock

My only regret is that because of our county''s strict liquor laws, our Trader Joe''s can''t sell wine.

The state of Maryland doesn''t allow grocery stores to sell alcohol, so we have the same problem here Clio. And I HATE it because when I lived in VA, I bought all my wine at TJ''s. We do a trip to VA every couple of months and stop by TJ''s to buy a few cases of $3 wine, but I just wish I could pick up a couple bottles while grocery shopping.

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/16/2008 2:49:08 PM
Author: sumbride

The state of Maryland doesn''t allow grocery stores to sell alcohol, so we have the same problem here Clio. And I HATE it because when I lived in VA, I bought all my wine at TJ''s. We do a trip to VA every couple of months and stop by TJ''s to buy a few cases of $3 wine, but I just wish I could pick up a couple bottles while grocery shopping.
The state of Pennsylvania is the same - no alcohol outside of a wine & spirits shop or a beer distributor. Note that they don''t sell wine & beer in the same location, either. The liquor laws here are so antiquated
38.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread
Mochi Ice Cream- Especially the Chocolate and Strawberry Flavors! YUM!
Laceys Cookies
Artichoke Spread
Strawberry Yogurt
Satsuma Mandarin Oranges (in season were fab)
Orangina

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2008 9:40:44 PM
Author: lovewhitediamonds
I am addicted to Dr Praegers Spinach Pancakes .. easy to make and oh so yummy
Those are great! Actually, all of Dr Praegers'' stuff is really good. They''re also available in the regular grocery store, which is good. I usually find them in either the frozen food case near the regular frozen food, or with the health food.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh we LOVE LOVE LOVE TJ's items!! we have replaced our supermarket visit with a TJ's visit and just go to the supermarket like once every month now.

i dont remember what i put on the old list but here are the things i get EVERY WEEK at TJ's.

frozen shepherd's pies (390 cals each, so awesome and huge)
frozen mixed berries (awesome in smoothies and mixed into fage yogurt)
fage 0% yogurt
light euro butter
mini pizzas for dinner
fresh chicken and rosemary dinner pack
fresh lasagna pack
frozen steel cut oatmeal packs
low-fat english muffins
edamame lunch snacks
turkey wrap
frozen bean and rice burritos
light mozz string cheese
plaintain chips for snacking
fiberful fruit wraps (or recently they now have 'odds and ends' which is the cutup leftovers from making the wraps!)
frozen gnocchi (3 servings, 190 cals each in the whole package with sauce etc)

i love TJ's because a lot of their stuff has nutritionals. even fresh, which whole foods doesn't. and they have a lot of 'smaller' items for portion control, like a 4 pack of small frozen mousse's for like 150 cals each. you just defrost one at a time.

i won't buy their fresh fruit anymore though as it never is of good quality and it doesn't last. but a lot of their other stuff is great. and honestly, i love that you can get a ton of cool stuff like mini peanut butter cups and candy in smaller portions than in regular stores. and also, they have 65%+ cocoa high quality chocolate for CHEAP, like $2.50 as compared to $8.00 at other stores.

jkil0313

Rough_Rock
My Fiance works at Trader Joe''s. They have really good benefits and pay really well. A raise every 6 months. It used to be every 3 months. His mother also works the Demo stand. So needless to say I have eatten pretty much everything in that store.

My Favs.
frozen Tilapia Citronella (I think) or their Mojito Salmon
Mandarin Orange Chicken (Their #1 selling product)
Pub Cheese (A new product, soo good on their french bread and only $3.79 compared to $5.99 at Giant)
Panna Cotta Dessert is pretty good
Frozen Mac & Cheese is amazing
Creamy Tomato Soup
Organic frozen pizzas
Brown Jasmine Rice (You get 3 pound for under $3.00)
Lemon Pepper Egg Noodles (great for a tuna noodle salad)

There are so many more but I would name the whole store

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Organic brown rice....second to none
100 calorie pack oatmeal chocolate chip cookies... A must have
Cranberry/orange scones...with a thin sweet almost nondetectable frost covering..Addictive beware!
Very addicting Spicy Apple cider. Especially warmed up...the smell is divine and the taste...you''re toast.
The very thin banana chips..to die for.
The thin crust pizza like thingee with carmelized onions, ham and guerye (?) cheese...KILLER!!
I also have a fresh green bean addiction and the TJ organic ones are the best blanched ones in town.
Salad dressings rock as well.
Thank god I''m going grocery shopping tomorrow...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do have to add they have the best chocolate and hazelnut bars; big ole whole hazelnuts in there, yum!!!

I am going to have to look for their Shepard's pie. I also like some of their cleaning products.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m still relatively new to shopping at TJ''s. The closest one near me is about 30 minutes away and it''s right near a huge mall in my area, so I try to stay away. What makes it have such a different vibe than a regualr grocery store? Is it because the names of the brands are different than what you''d find elsewhere? What''s the appeal to TJ''s (obviously I knwo people like the food, but is there something else about it?)?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2008 12:13:10 AM
Author: Mara
oh we LOVE LOVE LOVE TJ''s items!! we have replaced our supermarket visit with a TJ''s visit and just go to the supermarket like once every month now.

i dont remember what i put on the old list but here are the things i get EVERY WEEK at TJ''s.

frozen shepherd''s pies (390 cals each, so awesome and huge)
frozen mixed berries (awesome in smoothies and mixed into fage yogurt)
fage 0% yogurt
light euro butter
mini pizzas for dinner
fresh chicken and rosemary dinner pack
fresh lasagna pack
frozen steel cut oatmeal packs
low-fat english muffins
edamame lunch snacks
turkey wrap
frozen bean and rice burritos
light mozz string cheese
plaintain chips for snacking
fiberful fruit wraps (or recently they now have ''odds and ends'' which is the cutup leftovers from making the wraps!)
frozen gnocchi (3 servings, 190 cals each in the whole package with sauce etc)

i love TJ''s because a lot of their stuff has nutritionals. even fresh, which whole foods doesn''t. and they have a lot of ''smaller'' items for portion control, like a 4 pack of small frozen mousse''s for like 150 cals each. you just defrost one at a time.

i won''t buy their fresh fruit anymore though as it never is of good quality and it doesn''t last. but a lot of their other stuff is great. and honestly, i love that you can get a ton of cool stuff like mini peanut butter cups and candy in smaller portions than in regular stores. and also, they have 65%+ cocoa high quality chocolate for CHEAP, like $2.50 as compared to $8.00 at other stores.

I buy the apricot fiberful fruit snack by the case. I like that they have flax seed and whatever husk fiber that is....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2008 11:13:52 AM
Author: ZoeBartlett
I''m still relatively new to shopping at TJ''s. The closest one near me is about 30 minutes away and it''s right near a huge mall in my area, so I try to stay away. What makes it have such a different vibe than a regualr grocery store? Is it because the names of the brands are different than what you''d find elsewhere? What''s the appeal to TJ''s (obviously I knwo people like the food, but is there something else about it?)?
Zoe the appeal for me is that their workers seem happy so of course it makes for happy customers. The food they carry is usually organic and less expensive than Whole Foods big bonus, hehe and they have a great selection of good frozen foods and cereals for cheap, good coffee, etc. I shop there mostly and then get produce at the farmers market. Their prepackaged meals like Mara listed are convenient and delicious!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skippy! Just out of curiosity, how healthy are these prepackaged meals that everyone raves about? You may convince me to brave the traffic and head toward the mall. It''s a beautiful day so it''s a good day for a drive.

LittleRock

Shiny_Rock
O.K., finally had to bite.

I love the......Frozen Banana Waffles

Frozen Four Grain French Toast

Frozen Steel Cut Oatmeal

and lastly the milk. I love milk!!!
36.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
OMG, I love the Trader!

I can''t keep my hands off of:

Thick Cut Turkey Bacon!
Turkey Andouille Sausage
Vegetable Lasagna
House Pesto Sauce
Various wines under $6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seafood medley (great for making gumbo!!!)
Naan and Garlic naan
baby kiwis
French chocolate truffles! AMAZING and only $2-3! At room temp, the MELT in your hand and mouth. You can also use them in incredibly fun ways....
31.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2008 11:34:57 AM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 4/19/2008 11:13:52 AM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Zoe the appeal for me is that their workers seem happy so of course it makes for happy customers. The food they carry is usually organic and less expensive than Whole Foods big bonus, hehe and they have a great selection of good frozen foods and cereals for cheap, good coffee, etc. I shop there mostly and then get produce at the farmers market. Their prepackaged meals like Mara listed are convenient and delicious!
They pay really, really well, and they are one of those companies who offer PT benefits as well as FT. I have never, ever, been treated poorly by a TJ''s associate, you can just tell they are well compensated by their demeanor when dealing with customers. Around here (Chicago) I believe their assistant mgrs start out at around $45k, and their GSM''s make around $75k to start (with stipulations of course), so I''m guessing their hourly employees make well above min. wage. I think they are still privately owned?

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2008 10:15:48 AM
Author: jkil0313
My Fiance works at Trader Joe''s. They have really good benefits and pay really well. A raise every 6 months. It used to be every 3 months. His mother also works the Demo stand. So needless to say I have eatten pretty much everything in that store.

My Favs.

frozen Tilapia Citronella (I think) or their Mojito Salmon

Mandarin Orange Chicken (Their #1 selling product)

Pub Cheese (A new product, soo good on their french bread and only $3.79 compared to $5.99 at Giant)

Panna Cotta Dessert is pretty good

Frozen Mac & Cheese is amazing

Creamy Tomato Soup

Organic frozen pizzas

Brown Jasmine Rice (You get 3 pound for under $3.00)

Lemon Pepper Egg Noodles (great for a tuna noodle salad)

There are so many more but I would name the whole store

jkil0313, please tell your fiance thank you for making TJ''s such a great place to shop and for having the greatest employees!!

and i am going to have to try lots of the things on your list as well as the other posters'' lists! can''t wait!

and if you ever want to give a shout out to any new items that you think we all should try, PLEASE feel free!

mom2twogirls

Shiny_Rock
Chili lime chicken burgers
Chipotle ranch fries
Cod fish sticks
Banana chocolate chunk protein muffins
Protein Pzazz smoothie (tastes like the Naked Juice Protein drinks, but costs less)
99 cent pizza dough

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow - I love this thread! Our local TJ''s is just a block away, and we''re there at least 3 times per week!

I love their:

- fresh flowers
- tzatziki with their mini pittas
- chicken and cheese tamales (frozen)
- tuna in green curry sauce (shelf)
- saag paneer (shelf)
- pizza margherita (frozen)
- baby English cucumbers in a pack

and my favorite ...

- the individual pack organic brown rice (frozen) -- I LOVE this stuff and always stock up on it when I can find it, because it often sells out at my store. Take out an individual serving, cut a slit, microwave it for 3 minutes for warm, nutty deliciousness!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had the Shepherd's pie tonight and it is delicious
3.gif
I am loving their fiber fruit leather snacks w/6 grams of fiber and I love their fig bars!
I also love their Spinach pizza and Chickenless Nuggets.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
glad you revived this post skippy! i'll have to try the shepherd's pie!

currently, i am addicted to their Tortilla Chips with an Identity Crisis - Made with a little corn, a little potato, and a little brown rice. you don't need to eat them with any dip or salsa -- they are better on their own

they are kind of like sun chips but less salt and lighter

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results