shape
carat
color
clarity

Tourmaline Hair Dryers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have one of these? I got the T3 travel hairdryer after returning some XMas gifts at Sephora. At $130, it was pretty pricey, but I thought "what the heck!". I needed a new travel dryer anyway. It claims to cut drying time, and make your hair silkier and smoother. I''ve got super-thick hair that''s not straight or curly, and takes FOREVER to dry. I have to use all sorts of frizz-fighting/straightening products. I can never get the perfect "salon blowout" look at home.

Well, hallelujah! My hair has never looked this good. I don''t think it''s really cut down the drying time, but I no longer have to use a straightening iron to get it smooth. I never really liked the iron, as it made my hair super-stick-straight. The T3 does leave it smooth and straight, but with a bit of bounce. I''ve gotten a ton of compliments on my hair this past month.

I''m now hooked, and want to buy the full-size honker- the T3 Lightweight. It''s $200 at Sephora, so I''ve been checking out the deals on eBay. It''s a super-hot item! I''ve gotten outbid at least 5 times. I found an eBay store that carries it for WAY less, and they also carry another brand, the hai-s tourmaline dryer, which claims to be better than the T3.

Has anyone had any experience with either of these 2 hairdryers? I''m thinking I should stick with the T3, but I so want to try out this new one!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I totally wanted to try the T3 hairdryer.... I was poring over the reviews at MUA and found some some great reviews about the BaByliss Pro TT Tourmaline 5000 Hair Dryer:

http://www.folica.com/BaByliss_Pro_TT_d1832.html

I say go for it...it is heavy? I heard that the salon hairdryers can be somewhat heavy if you''re not used to it.

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I love Babyliss dryers.
Ionic dryers can make hair flat if you have fine, thinner hair, or hair with little body.
If you do, go for just ceramic, which dries hair much more quickly, with less damage.
I''ve heard pretty good things about the T3.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE LOVE the T3 line. I have the T3 evolution dryer and the 1 3/8 inch flat iron, and am waiting for ebay to start having the new t3 twirl curling iron. they work miracles on the crapola hair i was blessed with!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know this is an old thread but I dug it up rather than start a new one. My hairdryer took a poop so I have been looking at the T3 Tourmaline or the Babyliss.

I see recommendations for both but was wondering what the major differences were between them. The Babyliss is considerably cheaper than the T3. My hair is probably thicker than I realize but each strand is fine - and no curl whatsoever. However, after blow drying it can seem dry. If I use too much conditioner it just makes my hair shiny and limp. I''m just intrigued by the smooth look these dryers seem to produce.

Any thoughts?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw that at a beauty supply store and asked my stylist...she showed me hers which was the T3 and she told me not to waste my money because it's good for a commercial dryer but she said she didn't feel like it dried hair any faster (it certainly doesn't dry mine any faster when I am there at the salon!) nor did it help your hair be any healthier, she said that the main draw was just that it was lightweight but she said that was really just a perk for stylists since they spend so much of the day with a hairdryer in hand!!

Also my hair doesn't look particularly smooth or fab after she was done with it and her T3...what made my hair look fab was the product she used and the Chi flat iron. She swears by the Chi flat iron but says the dryer is just meh for consumers.

So I didn't bother..and got another Hot Tools $40 dryer like mine that I had for 4 years before it died a month ago, and it works great. Glad I didn't splurge on the $130 model. hehee.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, that''s interesting Mara. . . I asked the girl that cut my hair today what she thought of them and she basically said the same thing. She didn''t tell me what brand hers was but said she only paid about $80 for it and it was a commercial one. She said the one she uses at home is a Conair and laughed! She said Revlon and Conair and all of those now make the ionic dryers and swore I wouldn''t be able to tell the difference.

I guess I saved some $$. . . .

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
my stylist said the same thing. I use the big yellow bird from Sally''s and it works great. I have a T3 wet to dry flat iron (its ok) and also the Hai Stik flat iron ( the best, have used it for 4 years!)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2006 7:02:41 PM
Author: Mara
I saw that at a beauty supply store and asked my stylist...she showed me hers which was the T3 and she told me not to waste my money because it''s good for a commercial dryer but she said she didn''t feel like it dried hair any faster (it certainly doesn''t dry mine any faster when I am there at the salon!) nor did it help your hair be any healthier, she said that the main draw was just that it was lightweight but she said that was really just a perk for stylists since they spend so much of the day with a hairdryer in hand!!

Also my hair doesn''t look particularly smooth or fab after she was done with it and her T3...what made my hair look fab was the product she used and the Chi flat iron. She swears by the Chi flat iron but says the dryer is just meh for consumers.

So I didn''t bother..and got another Hot Tools $40 dryer like mine that I had for 4 years before it died a month ago, and it works great. Glad I didn''t splurge on the $130 model. hehee.

Mara, I LOVE my CHI. Totally worth the money!

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
There is a new Conair dryer out, Infiniti model 208 (also Tourmaline) with an attachment that''s supposed to do away w/the need for a flat iron. Anyone know of this? It has a funny attachment at the front of the dryer.

win

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
I just picked up the Conair model 208. Haven''t tried it yet, but will report when I do. This is the new one that supposedly will straighten hair as it dries it; doing away w/the need for a flat iron.

win

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results