shape
carat
color
clarity

Tourmalated quartz

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to show you guys this..tourmalated quartz gemstone...I had 2 others but sold those and wish i would have saved some pics...i just find them unique 20.30ct stone

side that is dark is just a shadow..this one has some inclusions in it(I am not talking about the tourmaline either for those who want to point out gthe obvious and give me a hard time
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
..I ml talking about the little pinpoint flaws scattered throughout

tm1a.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
bottom/upside down

tm1b.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
in fingers

tm1c.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
another bottom/upside down shot those are schrol(black) tourmaline crystals

klop.jpg

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool stone AG! Thanks for sharing it with us.
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see…so those are tourmaline crystals within the quartz. Nice! I can’t believe you even had the heart to sell 2 others.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Great! I love inclusions in quartz. Do you know how these are formed? I have a hard time picturing the process.

Date: 8/20/2009 12:03:27 PM
Author: Chrono
I see…so those are tourmaline crystals within the quartz. Nice! I can’t believe you even had the heart to sell 2 others.
Chrono - I believe Brad had some on his website a while back.
1.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Not really sure the exact process in which it forms..tourmaline is a weird stone and does all kinds of crazy things..i guess as the silica-rich solution cooled forming nthe quartz it had impurities that decided they had to do something...I now wish i would have kept the one I got rid of last week..it had fewer needles but the qartz was flawless and the needles just floated in there...just wanted to throw up something a little different for you guys to see

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love rutilated quartz.....tourmaline, gold, anything.

mz

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Love these unique quartz pieces. Thanks for posting.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is pretty! I''ve also seen the quartz with the red stuff in it. No idea what that is but its really nice when its cut to create a pattern.

-A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results