shape
carat
color
clarity

Totally Random Diagnosis...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
omg. a kidney stone vs cancer?!?!?!?!?!?!

poor guy! i am soo happy it was *just* a kidney stone!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Umm... You should try a decongestant and a sinus rinse before you go getting injections in the base of you spinal column! I always have pain ind issues with my sinuses... Most of the time my doctor says everything looks fine too. Seriously- try a sinus rinse. I thought it was gross and a bunch of crap before I tried it, but they really make your head feel better! That, and a good OTC decongestant.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Haha, WTH diagnosis. I don''t know if mine can actually be called a diagnosis. Here it is, though:

A few years ago I was a huge OJ drinker who got migraines. So I''d take the aleve with OJ. Loved the smell of all citrus, so I used citre shine. One night my hands started itching. So badly. To the point that I would rub them on jeans, couches, edges of tables. I took a few benadryl and went to sleep. And then I woke up with hands completely covered in blisters. Not little tiny blisters, but big water-filled blisters that ran the length of each finger, so filled with liquid (I know, EW)that I couldn''t bend my hands. The itching was gone, but the pain was intense. My fingers and palms were covered in them. So, we made an emergency trip to the dermatologist, and she asked me what I''d done/eaten/touched in the last few days. I told her. She diagnosed me with a case of allergy to citrus. My life-blood, my favorite thing in the world (other than chocolate). So, I went off the stuff. Every few months or so I''d have another problem, go back to the doc to get more cream, have my freaking hands photographed for a MEDICAL JOURNAL? We always assumed it was because some citrus snuck into my food. About 3 years ago, on my birthday, I had a massive migraine coming on, and these affect me so badly I can''t see. So, my aunt gave me aleve. And my hands promptly swelled up into huge watery blisters again. Looks like it was the aleve the whole time.
20.gif
Now I just stay away from it and nothing has happened since.

Another one... I was supposed to meet DH''s family for the first time at a big anniversary party in Fresno. It was hot and sunny, and just beautiful the day we arrived. We did a little bit of sight-seeing and when night fell, I had huge burns on my face (despite spf72 sunblock), spreading over my cheeks, my forehead and my nose. My mouth was blistered (those damn blisters again!), and I was in agony. I had DH go get me some makeup and I covered it up as best I could, but it was gross. From then on, even being exposed to the sun for 10 minutes, sunblocked or not, I''d have the same thing happen. My derm. was completely confused why. They tested me for everything, including lupus. My results came back positive for the antinuclear antibodies, which everyone with lupus has, but not everyone who has them has lupus, ya know? Still, the doctors were baffled, did a biopsy that was sent to four other doctors around the country, and nothing. So, I''m just basically allergic to the sun.
15.gif
A CA girl allergic to the sun. The only way I get by is because of my special ordered sunblock with titanium, and a hat.

Now, that couldn''t suck anymore, and my skin cancer chances are totally upped because of the horrible burns I received.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
sorry you are feeling so crappy...hope you feel better soon. Maybe it is all viral and you need a few more days to start feeling better. I have had times where I just knew I had an ear infection due to the sharp shooting pain ect. Only to find out my ears looked fine. All viral. Viral infections can really mess you up as well.

My daughter has had occipital Neuralgia and she was practically bedridden with pain until they gave her the cort injection into the back of her head. Within minutes her head got lighter and within hours she was 50% better and continued to get better from there. It was agony for her. She was in extreme pain. She also, has a high pain threshold.

This was the topper for her though. It was terrible to watch her in so much pain. Her Neuro sent her to the pain clinic for the shot and thank god he did. They were almost going to admit into the hospitol to recieved intravenus pain meds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results