shape
carat
color
clarity

totally new thing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow that is seriously ICY WHITE!!!!! i love it in the temp setting actually. it looks perfect with your w-ring!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2007 4:00:15 PM
Author: Beacon
now that it''s in the temp setting it''s looking like a happy ring.

I have done the worst thing: I''ve fallen in love with my own ring. Usually I just love *other* people''s rings.

Who knew that I would love strong blue so much or a stone with a 3.8 HCA? It''s not very zen to love a possession so much, so I need to get over it, but for now I am stuck on it.
A really really OUTSTANDING ring. It looks so good I want to go off and search for D/SB right now. LOL I really like it in it''s temporary setting. It looks large but good on your hand and compliments your wedding band nicely. Please excuse me for not posting earlier, I thought I had.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
style="WIDTH: 101.8%; HEIGHT: 254px">Date: 2/22/2007 8:40:58 PM
Author: Beacon
Quirky - it''s somewhat outside the usual of what you might expect to see, especially on this forum.

It''s a 2.57 D, SI1 with strong blue fluorescense and a 59 table and a pretty bad HCA score. It reminds me of the movie Seabiscuit, where the owner says, ''the horse is too small, the jockey is too big, the trainer is too old and I''m too dumb to know the difference''.

I really like this stone. It produces some very remarkable colors. I just got it today and it is rainy and stormy here in San Francisco. The stone showed all sorts of colors as I drove it home from steely grey to aqua green. Then it could also be as ice white as a glacier.

I think that the fact that it is D and Strong blue somehow gives it a kick. It has a lot of personality. It is not foggy or hazy at all.

Nancy Stacy appraised it and we had so much fun playing with this stone and kicking the tires. I wanted something just a little bigger than the stone I had before without getting super huge. I think it''s just right for me!
A very beautiful diamond! Love the strong blue fluor. Enjoy! Sounds like you are!!!

I have noticed that my diamond shows an interesting watery blue color when driving the car. I finally decided that it is probably the tinted windows, in particular the bluer tint at the top of the windshield. Just wondering if that might be what you were seeing, and if anyone else has noticed this?

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
SOOOOOO PRETTTTTY!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

it''s ok to fall in Love with it! HOw can you not??
36.gif
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your new stone looks even more incredible now that it is set! Of course you should love it!!! Just take some time to decide if you really want to find a new setting for it or not.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much! It does look nice in my exisiting setting but I may want to break my usual and put it in four prongs. I think that would show more of the diamond and improve the looks.

I am considering this scott kay setting. It is a approx 8mm CZ in this photo that i tried on last week. I like it with my wedding band and I like the double prongs idea.

My stone is about 8.82 mm so it would be a little bigger but hopefully still look good.

scottkaysideresize1.jpg

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
another shot of Scott Kay

scottkaysidetop resize1.jpg

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
a top view of the scott kay.

I''m not totally sold on it, but I sort of like it.

scottkaytop2resize.jpg

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Beacon, I do like the double prongs. I posted on another thread about your bird. Is he/she a ringneck? Does he/ she talk? I just wanted to let you know that is one good looking parrot.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Yes, thanks, he is an Indian Ringneck. He talks *all* the time, has about a 40 word vocab. He is a wonderful bird, nine years old now. I have another male ringneck, about 1.5 years old and he can also talk.

They are both extremely friendly and love to be played with. I'll tell him you complimented him
9.gif
. They are very spoiled!

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Hey beacon, I was bored... your rock in the setting you suggested... (compliments of photoshop)

bored4beacon1.jpg

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
*Sigh* soo pretttty...... *drool*

bored4beacon2.jpg

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much curiopotter! That was very nice of you - helps to see the concept perfectly. You are really good at photoshop
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
great photoshopping curiopotter..

beacon, i do like that scott kay setting a lot and it really does look fab with your wedding band..

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2007 9:54:41 AM
Author: Sundial
Your new stone looks even more incredible now that it is set! Of course you should love it!!! Just take some time to decide if you really want to find a new setting for it or not.
HI:

Ditto! Your rings are really beautiful! Enjoy!

cheers--Sharon

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2007 2:44:34 PM
Author: FireGoddess
A D with blue? Welcome to the ''ruined forever'' club. Glad you could join us.
36.gif
2.gif

That stone is freakin GORGEOUS. Talk about fabulous...I don''t care which numbers say what. Those arrows, good LORD.
30.gif

FG is your stone a blue flo too?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the SK setting a lot, too!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
goodness beacon! that stone is fabulous!!!
30.gif
i think numbers are not as important as what your eyes say about the stone. good job finding such a beautiful stone that you love so much! it''s always the best when you LOVE it!!

as for the setting, i''m a huge fan of solitaires. I think it makes the stone stand out more. take your time looking, don''t settle for something you sorta like, or like a lot. make sure you love it!

Dory

Rough_Rock
Your diamond is BEAUTIFUL, Beacon. Can''t wait to see your finished piece!
Christydarling....WOW, I love your ring also!!!
emlove.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results