shape
carat
color
clarity

Toronto jewelers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stand

Rough_Rock
Hi.
I am from Toronto.
I have old ring with 1-carat princess cut diamond, as I’ve been told it is a “heavy” cut or “deep” cut. Now, I want to change the setting. So I went to Peoples store, I found the setting that I liked (tulip setting with 3,6,9,12 setup) from the catalog. One month later they finally showed me the wax. It was totally wrong! So, I explained again and showed them what I want. Two-Three weeks later they showed me a wax model. I was surprised to see something different again. Then week later sales person called me and informed that the jeweler CAN NOT make a setting that I requested, because of my diamond!? He said that it is old stone and it will be difficult to make the setting…
So, I picked different setting, tiffany lucida. But then they tell me that it will be hard for them to make it and they want $100 more…
Then I go to other two small local shops and they tell me that it is not a problem to setup the stone…
And the price they give me is much less…
Can anybody comment on what is going on ???
I am also looking for the local Toronto jeweler who can make a good engagemnt ring.
Thanks All

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Hi stand:

I suspect that People''s does not routinely make custom pieces, therefore the extra expense and difficulty fulfilling your requirements. A recommended jeweller locally would be a better option but make sure they have a good reputation and have a look at some of their work first.

If you are willing to deal with an on-line vendor you could get a top notch custom piece made as well. So you have a couple of options to think about.

Good luck.

Heather

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results