carat
color
clarity

Torn...Facets Channel Set Eternity or Whiteflash Honey Band

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock
Re: Torn...Facets Channel Set Eternity or Whiteflash Honey B

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for all the compliments! It looks larger in the photo. I promise it is dainty IRL but still pretty. I like it but something in me is saying "go with a wider band!".

You ladies are going to think I'm crazy....

So, I finally found a local jeweler to get my ring cleaned and polished. While I waited, I browsed and saw he had various sizes of channel set bands. I tried a few on - 2.8 mm, 3.2 mm, and 3.6 mm (I think). Obviously, the 3.6mm was too big. It's about the same width of my ER. 3.2mm looked nice but I was on the fence. I finally tried on the 2.8 mm and I liked the look. It was only a half eternity at .25 ct and a bit high but he said he could make a lower profile and put the desired amount of diamonds. His pricing was pretty good too. Anyway, FH and I are going in the morning to compare the rings.

Dreamer D, here's the link: http://www.thefacetscollection.com/...s-049ct-tw-F-G-color-VVS-VS-clarity/1053.html

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock

Dreamer_D|1330817253|3140171 said:

Hi Dreamer D,

I looked at this before but I really didn't want to spend any more on a band. We went to the jeweler yesterday and compared the facets to his 2.8 mm. His channels are thin like the facets and honestly, the diamonds had equal sparkle. The jeweler is also matching the 1.5 mm height so I'm getting the same look with slightly larger diamonds.

I'm having him make it a 3/4 eternity and he's giving me a good deal on it. I'm actually saving a little by going with him.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Well, that is good news!

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock

Hey Ladies,

A quick update...I picked up my ring yesterday. He made it with a lower profile and thin channels as promised.I can't believe how much of a difference .5mm makes. It is blingtastic. Here's my new 2.8mm 3/4 eternity band. Let me know what you think. (Sorry for the low quality pic. I will post better pics over the weekend in SMTB.) Thanks again for all your opinions!
IMG-20120328-00015.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Looks great--are YOU happy?

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock

Ame, I'm happy with it. I will say that the construction of the facets band is better. I guess that is the difference between die struck and casting? However, the difference is not great so I won't complain. At least for a little while.... ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results