shape
carat
color
clarity

torn between two stones...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so I really love these two stones: Tourmaline and Spinel... but I can only get one right now and I'm trying to figure out how hard it would be to find one like it again if I pass it up.

Honestly, I'm leaning towards the tourmaline, but the color of the spinel really fascinates me.

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
Also, if you know of any similar stones around $150, feel free to share ;-)

Jim Rentfrow

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Getting either of those two stones should not be too hard in the future, I prefer the tourmaline cause of the color as well.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There''s a 6mm pink spinel from Michael E that is listed at 150$, but he''s open to offers. ([email protected])

Pricescope is being contrary and not letting me attach a photo, but you email him , he''ll probably send you the pictures. He''s a lovely guy to work with, and he can make the setting too which is really convenient if you prefer to do a one-stop shopping experience.

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
Thanks MTG, I just sent him an email requesting information :]

Jim, thanks for that input, I just really worry about passing something up and not being able to find anything comparable.

I''d still like other input if anyone else has anything to say! :)

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I like both but purple is my favourite colour and I really like the cut of the spinel so I''d probably go with it.

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
Another question, are these reasonable prices for size/color/quality?

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
So, I have the most amazing fiance in the world and he said I could get both, but that I can''t set them until after our wedding next summer (July 2011)... we''ll see about that last part ;-)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe it''s just me but pictures and stats of both stones are gone?
33.gif

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
:/ I sent an email about them, but haven''t bought yet! :/

Hold on, I''ll upload a screenshot I took.

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
Pear Spinel

Color Description: GIA Code: V 4/3, Hue: violet, Tone: Medium light, Saturation: very slightly grayish
Clarity: eye clean
Carat Weight: 1.35 carats
Measurements: Width 5.9 mm, Length: 8.3 mm, Depth: 4.2 mm
Cut: Step Cut
Treatment: None
Probable origin: Tunduru, Tanzania

kaylaspinel123.jpg

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
Oval Tourmaline

Color: Medium Light Strongly Purplish Red [Pink]
Clarity: Eye Clean
Shape: Oval
Cut: Portuguese
Length: 8.6 mm
Width: 7.3 mm
Depth: 5.9 mm
Weight: 2.47 carats
Treatments: None
Probable Origin: Mozambique

kaylatourmaline.jpg

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
Chrono: Turns out the reason they''re gone is my FH decided to buy them and surprise me with them on my birthday (late March), and he was going to keep it a secret, but I was super mad that they were gone, and he cracked and told me! Now I just play the waiting game!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2010 1:11:05 PM
Author: kayla.tastikk
Chrono: Turns out the reason they''re gone is my FH decided to buy them and surprise me with them on my birthday (late March), and he was going to keep it a secret, but I was super mad that they were gone, and he cracked and told me! Now I just play the waiting game!
Oh that''s wonderful!!

I personally think that the Spinel would make a very nice pendant, ''cause I already have one for a ring. What will you do with yours?

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
I was thinking about a pendant, but I mostly wear rings, so I'm not sure just yet. Though I'm almost positive that I want the tourmaline to be a ring with a halo or some awesome diamond sidestones! :]

ETA: StoneHunter, can you post a pic of your pendant or a link to the thread?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2010 1:11:05 PM
Author: kayla.tastikk
What a great birthday present you’ll be receiving! Pears are very pleasing as pendants due to their teardrop outline. I can also see the tourmaline as a ring stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results