shape
carat
color
clarity

Torn between 2 eternity rings

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
B.E.G. said:
I vote for the first. It complements your e-ring very nicely, whereas I think the second tends to overpower it a bit.
I agree - the first one highlights your beautiful e-ring. The second one competes.

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
I find the first option looks more elegant. Lovely e-ring, by the way.

dinamit

stci

Ideal_Rock
1st one too! :appl:

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I like the first, but I'm biased because that's what mine looks like. You can see a pic of it in my avatar with 8 pt stones and how it looks next to an 8 mm RB.

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
Yes vespergirl, your set is perfect!!
mind asking me how wide in mm is your centre stone and the eternity ring?
The eternity really compliments your e-ring.

and did you get it online too?

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
mocha2204 said:
Yes vespergirl, your set is perfect!!
mind asking me how wide in mm is your centre stone and the eternity ring?
The eternity really compliments your e-ring.

and did you get it online too?

Thanks Mocha! My RB is about 8.1 mm wide (2.01 ct), and the eternity band is 2.8 mm wide (8 points each).

Whiteflash made the ring for me custom, and I love it. I wanted a hybrid of the Memoire & Tiffany eternity bands (same size diamonds as Tiffany, low setting like Memoire) and it looks perfect. I would definitely recommend them.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
second one. The first one just doesn't seem to sit right with your ering

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Option 1, hands down. I own both styles and think that boxy style is too chunky.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Clairitek said:
Taylorbug! said:
mocha2204 said:
Thank you all for the opinions~ and I agreed that the first one look more elegant than 2nd one.
ditto also on the 2nd one whereby you cant really see the individual diamond

and these are online from id jewellery.
they are really at a good price :D

mocha2204...have you seen this post?

rockytalky/eternity-ring-scratching-solitaire-setting-t148945.html

I like the first one better, but for the sake of your engagement ring I would go with the second. Perhaps it can be made with smaller melee so it isn't so much thicker than your engagement ring shank?

I was going to bring up the rubbing aspect. In the first band it looks like the girdles of the diamonds are a bit more exposed and could contact the basket of your e-ring setting, eroding it. This is exactly the reason why I didn't get a very similar band to stack with my set. I was worried about the diamonds eating away at my e-ring. My friend has a similarly set ring (to the first band) and it has done quite a number on her engagement ring basket.

In my experience, both of the rings she posted will scratch her solitaire. Mine both scratch 8)

The only style that will not is a pave style or bead set style.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Blessed12

Rough_Rock
I love the first one, it will compliment your ering perfectly!

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
You say this post https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-claw-set-half-eternity-ring.149085/#post-2697553 That is with 3.5 point diamonds and a similar 6mm stone. I personally think smaller diamonds like in the link in an eternity are better because it makes the solitaire stand out more.

wow thats 3.5 pointer.. now i am really thinking towards getting 0.05 even lower cause I want the e-ring to stand out and that might not be the case using 0.07
gonna go to some retail shops and see the size in real life

Cheers for the reply :)

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
B.E.G. said:
Mocha, I would look into a 1 mm spacer, or if you don't want to do that, check out Brian Gavin's bead set band. Not as much metal as a channel set, but it won't scratch your e-ring like a shared prong.

ETA: BGD's site seems to be down right now, but here's Travel Goddess' bead set (same one I mentioned) - https://www.pricescope.com/communit...d-eternity-band.146859/#post-2650126#p2650126

That is nice.. thanks for the recommendation. and yes it does show the diamonds more than the metal.
gonna browse their web now

mrs k

Rough_Rock
Mocha I love the first one! So pretty :)
what's the width of your e ring band?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your input danny

and Thanks for your compliment Mrs.K. I adore your eternity ring too!!
The width of my e-ring is around 3mm
Mind me asking which local jeweler did you get your eternity ring from? I am in australia too :D

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
first one!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mocha! I like the first one.. here is a picture of my set. My stone is 6.88mm and my eternity has 7 pointers. Both rings are BGD, tiffany knife edge and Dream eternity. My ring size is 6..the knife edge is a size 6 1/4 and the eternity is a size 6 1/2. I like my rings a little loose. Sometimes I think the 7 pointers are a little big, but sometimes not. I wear that ring alone and also stack it with some others bands. I plan on getting a bead set with milgrain or fish tail pave with 3 or 5 pointers to wear as an alternative with my 6 pring or to stack with my current eternity.

ring1.jpg

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
WOW Siamese, your ring is a perfect combination!!!!
I love the size of 0.07 because if you wear it on its own, it doesnt look too small.

but having a RB of 6mm, I will stick with the 0.05.

I am currently in contact with BGD (Denise), she has been so patient with me so far.
Can I ask if that dream ring setting scratch your e-ring claw a lot?
I know there will be some scratches if I plan to wear them together but as long as its not very severe, I can live with it

Thanks Siamese :)

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
It definitely has scratched my ring up, but honestly, while I wish it wasn't the case, and thought originally it wouldn't be, I am not to freaked out about it. I really love the way they look together and I guess I feel like I'll just enjoy them until I have a problem. It's not something you notice unless you are looking for it and I have my rings checked so that if there is ever a problem with the prongs, I'll have to deal with it then. I think that unfortunately with shared prong rings, it's kind of the nature of the beast. That's also why I'll get a bead set or fish tail pave band to wear with it as an alternative. I sometimes wonder if I'll ever want to wear the smaller band.

If the scratching will bother you, have you looked at any bead set or other type of bands that won't damage your solitaire?

I just really love that classic look of the shared prong and knife edge solitaire. I almost got a memoire shared prong because I've read here that they don't scratch, they are quite low..however, the dream band from bgd is quite low as well. It might have more to do with the amount of metal (width) and girdle overhang. I did initially ask Leslie about and she thought it wouldn't scratch but, oh well.

I think the 5 pointers will be amazing and I think it will still look delicate but substantial enough for you to wear alone.

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
I think I will do the same as you siamese, just wear and enjoy them and go back to my jeweler to polish my e-ring once in a while.

and yes I have tried looking at other option like bead/pave set and chanel set but they are not as appealing to me as a shared prong band
and BGD told me that they will sit quite low at 2mm so it wont scratch my ring too much

I am gonna have a look at a local jewellery store toady after work and I hope they have 0.05x11
havent been able to found one so far :(

wish me luck :D

mrs k

Rough_Rock
Mocha small world! Am in melb too :) what area r u from?
I just picked up my ring back - had it lowered so now no scratchig!!! I'm so relieved. Will post more pics on wkend!
My e ring width is 2.8mm so very similar to urs & the eternity ring width is 2.5mm with the 3.5 pts. I think i could have gotten 3 pts & saved a bit of money lol too late now! To be honest I wouldn't go any bigger than 3.5pt. U want it to compliment and not overshadow ur main store. Sometimes I think mine does ..

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
omg indeed a small word!

I live at st kilda rd and work around abbotsford area. and you?
do you have any vogue username so we can PM each other? my username at vogue is the same, mocha2204

wow your jeweler seems very understanding and patience to work with.

I havent tried 0.05 yet but keep in mind your suggestion about 3/3.5 pointers :)

mrs k

Rough_Rock
Lol I work right near u near Albert park lake!!
I'm not on vogue. R u on wedding central forum?
I know u said the Tiffany 3pt looked too small? I tried it and it looked nice - but then I went to antons & tried on a claw set with 3.5pts and asked parev to make mine with that size melée - I liked their design/setting better. It's smooth as opposed to most claw sets that have the lines when u look at it from the side or the claws r too big. I can email u pics if u want :)The anton one was about $350 cheaper but I just didn't like the setting. The only issue I had was parev has 1.5 pts only so it was a real nightmare for me trying to choose melée size.
If u go antons they have rings with 3.5, 4.5pts if u want to c :)

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
Lol I used to work along st kilda road then I moved

ooooh! I went to Antons last Friday on collins but was too late and they were close :(
I will make sure I visit them early today and cool that you told me they have 3.5 and 4 pointers yay!

I did a goodle search on Parev and they are only in Chadstone yea?
and yes I like your claw set, they really look like a shared prong because it reveals all diamonds and not metal.

I am not on wedding central forum as we havent planned our wedding yet but im just too excited about wedding bands to pair with my e-ring :lol: but I might give it a glimpse

what is your username on wedding central forum? i'll pm you my email address and yes I would love to see more pics of your gorgeous claw set and I believe the rest of Pser do too ;-)

mrs k

Rough_Rock
Yup! In Chaddy. My friend went there today to get a quote as she wants on to wear as a stand alone ring and got quoted for 5pts and 9pts lol. How did u go at antons? I went to the one in glen waverley. Did Collins st have much? Apparently my setting is a grain claw set. My original wedder is grain channel set. Very much luv my new one :) especially now it's been lowered! 3.5 pts is not big but for me it's bling lol still trying to get used to it and I'm getting so many compliments!
I can email u more pics tmrw if not I can post up on Monday :)

username salis :) on wedding central

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck with your search Mocha! I'm sure whatever you decide will be beautiful, just make sure you do :love: it. Update us and post pics when you decide and/or get your ring.

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
Went to visit antons yesterday at collins and was quite disappointed :((
first of all the customer services isnt friendly at all so I dont feel welcome in there and they only have few selections of diamond wedding bands
when I ask questions and all he seems bothered and just keep on saying we will get more next few weeks so come back then :((

so it wasnt very productive but I did see the claw set. Its like the 2nd type of half eternity ring that ID jewellery sent me pictures of (you can see it on page1 of this thread)
The claw set is around 0.03 pointers which is a good size next to my e-ring

then i tried the shared prong full eternity which is around 0.06 to 0.07 and thats a bit too big
I still cant find the 0.05 and will keep on looking

anyone in melbourne has any suggestion which jewellery shop preferably in city that has 0.05 shared prong band?

of course I will update you guys which one I decide and upload lotsa of pictures :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results