shape
carat
color
clarity

Torn about new Turqouise Pendant.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 4:10:29 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Something to also note about turquoise, and I''m not 100% sure about this, so I hope someone chimes in, but it will go greener over time. Robin''s egg blue turquoise is also very valuable and difficult to come by, so if you''re looking for that color in a natural colored stone, it might be difficult. At least your stone isn''t reconstituted material (ground up first and then dyed). It''s very pretty and I hope you can find some resolution to your issues with it.

This is correct. Turquoise is very sensitive to oils and liquids, and over time, the oil from your own hands will change the color. It usually makes it darker. My mom has a watch band that originally started out all the same color - like your stone, actually - and over time the separate pieces have changed color so now it''s like a rainbow of turquoise. Granted, she''s had it for probably 40 years, but it is so beautiful.

It might be worth it to start using it like a worry stone - rub your fingers over it quite a lot in your idle time. The "dye" was probably something more like oil than an actual color dye.

I live in the Land of Turquoise - New Mexico, hah - so I bet you could find some quality pieces here.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Whoops, just realized Richard said what I said, but better. Hah.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, How about contacting durango silver. Thy deal in turquoise and might have what you''re looking for if you give a description.

I bought a few cabs on Ebay recently that I really liked but they were all odd shapes.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Wanted to mention the seller I bought from on Ebay was Jim''s rare gems. The shipping took waaayyy to long but I was very pleased with the turquoise . It was sleeping beauty. A nice shade of light blue but not totally uniform. Not dyed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results