shape
carat
color
clarity

top ten LIW update

titian23

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies

I know I don't post often, just wanted to say I've been giving a firm budget and a time line (less then 6 mos.) so I'm happy to say I will soon be asking you to take me off the list.

Dust please? :wavey:

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, being given a budget and a firm timeline, It feels pretty darn spiffy!

Congratulations! and DUST!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Yay titian! LOTS and LOTS of ~*~*~*~*~*~*~DUST~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Can I post my update in this thread? I have been meaning to update everyone for a while, hope it's okay.

I will try to keep things short. BF and I brought up the engagement front again because he has plenty of money saved up for a ring and while I still don't have a permanent job, I will have one by the fall. I have already decided that if I do not receive a full time teaching job for the next school year, then I will find a full time preschool job or if I can't find a job in that, then I will just get whatever full time job I can. Then I will probably go back to school part time to get my Master's in something else. I just really don't think I can substitute teach for another year. It has been really difficult, not in the teaching part, just in the "you never know when you're going to work and get paid" part. BF and I are so ready to move in together and start our life together. And unless BF were to get a substantial raise this year, then we really can't afford to live on his income and my income would need to be steady.

Anyways, so I brought up engagement because of the fact that BF has the money saved and if he were to buy a ring now, it would give him some time to "re-save" that money to help with our down payment on a house in the fall. He doesn't want to get engaged until after we move into the house. His reason for this is mainly because he has been so worried about the wedding and who to invite since our relationship with his maternal side has deteriorated. We have decided to have a small wedding (less than 40 people) and that we absolutely do not want his maternal side there. So, he doesn't want us to get engaged until after he has moved out of his mother's house and we have completely cut ties with that side. He doesn't want me to have to hide a ring from his mother or anyone from that side that we may run into. He feels very strongly about this, so I have agreed that this is our current plan. Like I said before, I am going to do everything possible to get a full time job and hopefully we won't have to have a repeat of this year with our lives basically on hold. So, if the job situation for me works out, then we WILL definitely be engaged by the end of this year :) It seems like a long time to wait, but I know the time will just fly by like this past year has.

So, hopefully I can pass the List keeper torch sometime "soon".

titian23

Shiny_Rock
Hey Mayflowers -

I think what your bf says makes sense. It will probably be way easier to deal with potential fall out from not inviting people to the wedding if you have your own separate space so you can create some boundaries.

Good luck with everything and dust to you too!

kdub79

Rough_Rock
Loads of dust Titian23 :lol:

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
A sprinkle of ************************DUST************************ to all!

titian23

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh!

We may have just found our stone! If the appraisal comes back ok then we'll have it. Very excited! :love: :love: :love:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BUMP!

Miss. Titian, how are you? Other top 10'ers? Herrooooo! :wavey:

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
yay for having a budget and a timeline... Lot of dust to you!!!! I hope you don't have to wait too long!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1357709156|3351023 said:
BUMP!

Miss. Titian, how are you? Other top 10'ers? Herrooooo! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results