shape
carat
color
clarity

Top Ten ladies I''m calling you out!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hey Galateia, nebe, Dreamgirl, Lexie, IloveSpinel, smithsmith, Blackpaw, misskitty, aVogueIdea and audball, How''s it going?

I want to know the people behind theses famous numbers!

1. If you feel like it, I invite you to post an update on how things are going (Maybe introduce yourself to the over 50 crowd?)

2. What number did you start at?

3. Give us your best LIW pearl of wisdom

( If any of the top 20 want to chime in that''s fine too)

Cheers!

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo I like this post I hope the top 10 respond! I do feel like they are a bit like PS-LIW celebrities haha.

I''m top 20(exactly 20 haha) but I don''t feel like my number is anywhere near as awesome as top 10. I started at 126 just over a year ago- it was right before a list cleaning so my start number is pretty high. The top 20 moves pretty slowly but I''m hoping to break into the teens this summer!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I really hope DG responds, it''s been so long since I''ve heard from her! I think she might have gone on a break from ps

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
well ill bite i guess
9.gif

Hi everyone
35.gif
not much to report here...i joined the list in late 2008 i think...and i believe i was in the very early 100s to begin with!

So i guess i joined prematurely
16.gif
its funny, i kind of miss the ladies who were on the list when i first joined...they''ve all long since moved on to other threads....

As for a status update, SO and I travelled all through 2008, and have only just now got ourselves settled in ''proper'' jobs...so a ring is on the way thank goodness
9.gif
and i believe ill be off the list not too long after the new year...takes awhile to save the bucks for Mr Mege after all!

Cant wait to hear from more top ten ladies... and I hope we hear from Dreamgirl too, its been so long
7.gif

and naturally i hope that everyone''s stay on the list is much briefer than mine
21.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Oh and if everyone hasnt worked it out already...apparently i
30.gif
emoties! sometimes i look back on a post and realize ive pretty much vomited emoties all over it
31.gif

and as for pearls of wisdom, i think i *may* have learnt that its important to enjoy your relationship and life with you loved ones rather than be ''busy making [wedding] plans''...

but this is from the gal whose SO mocks her with the line ''Its MY surprise engagement and we''ll do it MY way''.

Its a good thing i know he loves me
9.gif
30.gif

woo hoo, only four emoties!

aVogueIdea

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/13/2010 1:42:00 AM
Author:HopeDream
Hey Galateia, nebe, Dreamgirl, Lexie, IloveSpinel, smithsmith, Blackpaw, misskitty, aVogueIdea and audball, How''s it going?

I want to know the people behind theses famous numbers!

1. If you feel like it, I invite you to post an update on how things are going (Maybe introduce yourself to the over 50 crowd?)

2. What number did you start at?

3. Give us your best LIW pearl of wisdom

( If any of the top 20 want to chime in that''s fine too)

Cheers!
I''ll bite too! So I joined the list on 9/22/2008 (I had to go back and look) at #129! So I have an update that I am very excited about. My boyfriend and I have been together for over 6 years and we will be moving in together in a couple of weeks. We just got the lease to our house today. AND...We bought the diamond and the ring from GOG a couple of weeks ago and are just waiting for it to be made at Tacori, so we should be engaged soon! I am VERY excited. As for a pearl of wisdom, I guess as much as it can be hard to wait sometimes, waiting is so much more worth it than not having your best friend in your life everyday to enjoy time with.

Hope everything I just wrote wasn''t too jumbled...today was a long day.

I look forward to giving up my spot in the top 10 very soon!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah!!! I <3 this thread!

I hope others check in, and I heap dust upon you!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Yay Vogue that''s so exciting
36.gif

cant wait to hear your news!

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2010 11:54:17 AM
Author: Blackpaw
Yay Vogue that''s so exciting
36.gif

cant wait to hear your news!

Ditto! That''s super exciting (and not just because I want to move up on the list
3.gif
). Can''t wait to hear your great news and see the ring (it sounds beautiful).

Where are the rest of the top 10???

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
I started at 124, but I had a different name then... that was back 4/16/2008 (two years to this day!) I didn''t think I''d still be waiting... I don''t have any pearls of wisdom, as you can see i''m still here...

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Wooo, top 10ers! Obviously, I love seeing people leave the list super quickly, but it''s been delightful getting to know some of the long-time LIWs
1.gif

Updates: I''m happy to say that B and I are doing awesome. We have a date (!) and we''re on the same page in terms of ring designs, and I guess now it just comes down to execution. If I had to guess, I''d say that I''ll be passing on the listkeeper torch sometime before the end of July.

I started at: #126...can''t believe I''m at #8!

Pearl of wisdom: being incredibly busy is a great way to avoid LIW-itis.
2.gif
I think things got a little bit tense for me when I had too much free time on my hands, but now that I''m balancing work/school/having a life, I find myself not stressing out about my relationship at all. That might not be the universal recipe for success (I''m sure some people prefer to have a ton of free time!), but I think having a good balance in other areas of your life leads to less worrying about the future.

Pearl of wisdom #2: colored gemstones and RHRs are fun. That itself isn''t so much of a pearl of wisdom, but I think I mean to say "LIW is great, but take some time to explore the rest of PS, it''s awesome!"

audball

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies!
35.gif

Wow, it''s still hard to believe I''m in the top 10. I joined this list in October 2008 at 121, that was just before our 3 year anniversary. We''ll be 5 years this November. We have no doubt that we will get married, it''s just a matter of when at this point.

Lots of big things happening for us at the moment, we just got our first dog together! Her name is Molly and she''s a 7 month old black/silver parti miniature schnauzer. She''s so wonderful, we just love her to pieces. Her brother (Darwin, the cat) isn''t such a big fan, but Molly just ADORES her brother, she follow him around everywhere.

We''re in the middle of buying our first house together! We are in contract on a 2 story, 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bathroom, 2 car carport home that is 2,048 sqft. We are scheduled to close on 5/12/10 if we can get everything together quickly enough. We just love this house and can''t wait to take that step together.

As far as engagement goes, I certainly joined the list prematurely, hence being in the top 10 at this point (at least for me). Things are certainly moving along, obviously we''re more and more committed everyday, buying our house is a big step closer to engagement. S will be graduating next May which will help increase our income with a new job. He still will be going straight into graduate school so that''s another 2ish years more. So he''s about 3 more years until he is DONE with school. I, however, have decided that my current grad program isn''t working out and starting in the fall will be going back as a post-bacc student to switch to accounting. The post-bacc work and masters will take me about 4 years (going part time, I work for the university and they will pay for 6 credits/semester...it''ll take longer, but to not have the debt, it''s worth the extra time to me).

Getting engaged during graduate school doesn''t exactly fit in with the plan we had, but we agree it would be nice to be married by/before our 10 year anniversary. Celebrating 5 years this year, another 4ish in school has us there so we probably need to talk about taking the plunge before finishing...we''ll just have to see how it goes.

Words of wisdom? Patience. If it''s right, you''ll get there. I''m comforted just knowing that we WILL be there. It''s hard, but you gotta be patient!

Anything else you want to know, just ask!
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results